The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Baby Steps to Entrepreneurship?

Elliott

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jan 18, 2008
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
I have a question. I have a few business ideas, but I (like just about everyone) have been trained all my life to be risk adverse and work a regular 9-5. It's hard to overcome.

For those on here who have some experience with entrepreneurship, is there something small that people can do to give them the guts to go with their big move?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

thecoach

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Aug 29, 2007
Regina, SK, Canada
Start a lemonade stand?

j/k...Find anything that you can do in your spare time. I always 'thought' about leaving my 9-5 someday and tried a couple of half assed things (buying and selling baseball cards on e-bay when I was younger, etc), then I got into concert promoting and managing bands on my evenings and weekends...I got the bug in my about what it was like to work for myself and the 9-5 was never the same. That promoting business never turned out to be fulltime, but with in 6 months of that fizzled out I started another business that I'm still building.

Depending on what your ideas are, try making them work in your spare time....build up your business idea in your spare time and when you are making enough, take the plung full time

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.