The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Awakening

Gabry_ITA

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Feb 28, 2019
Story about me and a friend of mine. Thanks to TMF and Unscripted (that I'm reading now) something is changing.
I have a friend, Steven; we knew each other many years ago, over 25, at the elementary school. He's probably my best friend.
He is an engineer and he was an inspiration for me, a common worker without high school diploma. So I restarted to study and now, further the high school diploma, I've a Master's degree.
I thought that I'd be the "king of world"; I visualized myself like him: suit, nice company car, latest iPhone, latest Mac, 2.5k/month plus benefits, a beautiful house. Now he'll become father (really happy for him and his great wife).
The reality is different: I'm still a worker; I'm still working everyday in a factory; I'm a M.A. Manual labourer. Two years after the final exam at the college.
You all can imagine my demoralization: "why am I here? still use a grinder, wearing dirty clothes 8/5? I have a college degree, I worth a job like him! (no, no I know that I worth nothing!!!).
But now something is changing and I'm awakening from the nightmare of this SCRIPTED life (credits to MJ).
Sunday I was spending time with friends and Steven was there too. He was talking about his week: 4 days somewhere in Czech Republic, lost luggage, a rented-sedan, a sauna in a 5-stars-hotel ecc. ecc.
For the first time I wasn't envious and attracted to this life; I thought "wow, I wouldn't be excited to go far away from home, without my girlfriend, without my little rented (but beautiful) home for someone else; fortunately that I'm working on the project (a business idea that I had) and I'm sure that in some years I'll be retired"
See the difference? I was dreaming his life and now I'm no more excited about it but about my project, my idea and my future.
Now I see the world with different eyes. Now I'm sure that I'll have success and I touched this change of mind.
What do you think? Is someone of you lived a similar situation of awakening?
For me it's an important goal: no more Milan-suit-audi-job as I dreamed just 2/3 months ago but Home-tracksuit-Porsche-retirement.
Just wanted to share because I'm really excited :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.