The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Avoided A Huge Trap - Btw... Do You Know Your Weakness?

Anything related to matters of the mind

nradam123

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 14, 2016
Allright guys, quick post.

This is going to be short.

I have been reading time and time again that I should know my weaknesses and mistakes. If you know them you can figure out how to overcome them either by training, hiring, partnering or building a system.

But how do you find these weaknesses?
Sometimes you can think and figure it out yourself but one of the best methods is to ask people who spent time with you.

Because literally you are a creature of habits and unless you have insane truthfulness to look inside yourself and your business objectively you are going to let the weakness and mistake slide.

Especially, if you are dealing with a business weakness its best to ask people who are spending a lot of time with you related to business.

But tbh, my biggest business buddy is my computer.

computer-158675_640.png

And I have a sneaking suspicion that the same is true for some (i mean, MANY..lol) of you guys too.

I really cannot ask my computer for my weaknesses.

I did began networking but all i have is a bunch of people who i talk to occasionally but does not know me long enough to know my weaknesses.

Then I remembered, F*ck... I had a job for 2 years !! I should ask my old work mates.

Called my old manager in my slowlane job for fun, talked to him about kids and what not, and asked him to tell what I am not so good at.

He said - "Man, you started so many things - I remember you started programming to find out the best combinations for optimal design, you started designing the best test rig for that transmission (I had a mechanical job lol), you started this and that but you never completed them. You always transferred the job to someone else after a while. I had to deal with your mess man. I think you should complete things you start".

:rolleyes::oops::eek: Waht!

I said thank you to my old boss and put the phone down.

Then ...

I opened my Trello to see things i started but did not complete, I realized that I have dumped 80% of things into the inbox.
I checked my daily journal to see if I have left something hanging in between..... and i saw PLENTY.
My first ecommerce venture is still passive, I did 99% of effort only in the first one month in early 2015. Then I left it, and its still passive.
I started nearly 5 different things last year, and I left it hanging for something better.

F*cking Deja Vu :wideyed:

Yes, I had my reasons for it... something more important came or I discovered something better or WHATEVER.

But my old boss just told one of my biggest F*cking weakness. I dont complete things i start.

I am not saying the panning gold issue which lot of entrepreneurs have! I slide small things such as not emailing 100 people for my email outreach and stopping after 30. Or skipping this new business task just because something else come up.

What do you do after you identify your problem? You solve it. Read Principles by Ray Dalio atleast a 100 times (https://www.principles.com/).

In the last week I completed every task I started. Yes, even if it sounded like it wont work when I am half way through it. I haven't fully solved it but i did identify one weakness.

Now let us change attention from me to you. Here you go -

1111.jpg

I don't have a clear answer about how to identify your weaknesses bros (and girls)

But I think you should -
  • Ask yourself truthfully,
  • Keep an eye on the outcomes of your actions,
  • Look back in your personal history AND MOST IMPORTANTLY
  • Make meaningful fastlane relationships and talk to them often (Your computer doesn't count).

Thats all folks, the post went longer than what I thought it would be.

If you guys have any ideas or experiences around this topic feel free to share.

Bye
Adam

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

minirich

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Sep 4, 2016
Austria
When you tried to verify your boss's statement you did all the right things anyway.
Looked at your trello (Task List)
Looked at your inbox (un-read/answered mail)
Looked at your daily journal (unfinished tasks/thoughts).

What else could I recommend than look at your daily tools and figure out what is happening. If you, like the OP, have lots of unfinished tasks, you probably have a weakness in finishing.

If you have nothing like that or they are all empty, then you have a problem with your habits or a problem with starting things. (But then you probably wouldn't be here at all.)

Crossroads

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Aug 31, 2016
Allright guys, quick post.

This is going to be short.

I have been reading time and time again that I should know my weaknesses and mistakes. If you know them you can figure out how to overcome them either by training, hiring, partnering or building a system.

But how do you find these weaknesses?
Sometimes you can think and figure it out yourself but one of the best methods is to ask people who spent time with you.

Because literally you are a creature of habits and unless you have insane truthfulness to look inside yourself and your business objectively you are going to let the weakness and mistake slide.

Especially, if you are dealing with a business weakness its best to ask people who are spending a lot of time with you related to business.

But tbh, my biggest business buddy is my computer.

View attachment 13341

And I have a sneaking suspicion that the same is true for some (i mean, MANY..lol) of you guys too.

I really cannot ask my computer for my weaknesses.

I did began networking but all i have is a bunch of people who i talk to occasionally but does not know me long enough to know my weaknesses.

Then I remembered, F*ck... I had a job for 2 years !! I should ask my old work mates.

Called my old manager in my slowlane job for fun, talked to him about kids and what not, and asked him to tell what I am not so good at.

He said - "Man, you started so many things - I remember you started programming to find out the best combinations for optimal design, you started designing the best test rig for that transmission (I had a mechanical job lol), you started this and that but you never completed them. You always transferred the job to someone else after a while. I had to deal with your mess man. I think you should complete things you start".

:rolleyes::oops::eek: Waht!

I said thank you to my old boss and put the phone down.

Then ...

I opened my Trello to see things i started but did not complete, I realized that I have dumped 80% of things into the inbox.
I checked my daily journal to see if I have left something hanging in between..... and i saw PLENTY.
My first ecommerce venture is still passive, I did 99% of effort only in the first one month in early 2015. Then I left it, and its still passive.
I started nearly 5 different things last year, and I left it hanging for something better.

F*cking Deja Vu :wideyed:

Yes, I had my reasons for it... something more important came or I discovered something better or WHATEVER.

But my old boss just told one of my biggest F*cking weakness. I dont complete things i start.

I am not saying the panning gold issue which lot of entrepreneurs have! I slide small things such as not emailing 100 people for my email outreach and stopping after 30. Or skipping this new business task just because something else come up.

What do you do after you identify your problem? You solve it. Read Principles by Ray Dalio atleast a 100 times (https://www.principles.com/).

In the last week I completed every task I started. Yes, even if it sounded like it wont work when I am half way through it. I haven't fully solved it but i did identify one weakness.

Now let us change attention from me to you. Here you go -

View attachment 13340

I don't have a clear answer about how to identify your weaknesses bros (and girls)

But I think you should -
  • Ask yourself truthfully,
  • Keep an eye on the outcomes of your actions,
  • Look back in your personal history AND MOST IMPORTANTLY
  • Make meaningful fastlane relationships and talk to them often (Your computer doesn't count).

Thats all folks, the post went longer than what I thought it would be.

If you guys have any ideas or experiences around this topic feel free to share.

Bye
Adam
Good post with some great insight, so thank you. I have lots of weaknesses, but my main two (because they affect my life in a bigger way) are...

- I read too much (leaving less time for "doing")
- I stay with projects way too long even when evidence shows they're not working (not always sure what else to try).

But...

- I've learned to create folders for my ideas (too many ideas) instead of starting them as projects. I'm glad about this, as most of them are slowlane.

- I've left personal projects behind (they don't cause harm to others) and moved on. That's how I find things I'm better at or enjoy more. I used to feel guilty about that, but then I realized there's always a good reason I left them behind.

- I've come to believe that a great weakness can also be a great strength. Example: I read too much. I can also learn just about anything I want to learn through my love of reading. I stay with projects too long, but if I learn to choose the right projects, that means I'm able to stick with them instead of jumping around and getting sidetracked. ;)

Quick story: I had a boss who'd move to a new job about every 2 years. While others called her a job-hopper, she was actually working within a strength: She loved getting "new" companies up and running, putting systems in place and plowing through all the things required for a new building and business. If I ever want to find her, I'll just locate the newest building in the area, in her particular field...:hurray:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.