The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Avengers: Infinity War Discussion

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
I’m kind of over everyone complaining that Infinity War didn’t have character development.

There has been 10 years and 18 movies worth of character development. The point of this movie was to bring it all to a climax, not to develop characters.

juggler619

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
May 25, 2015
Abu Dhabi
Hands down the best Marvel movie to date in my opinion. Mostly if not entirely because of Thanos. I think he's unquestionably the best villain that they've ever had. You could even argue that he's not really even a villain.The action for the most part is done well.Bigger Dinklage was a huge surprise .

God damn!!! Thanos is awesome!

latest

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

juggler619

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
May 25, 2015
Abu Dhabi
The only part i hated was , how 2 of the strongest Avengers (Scarlet Witch and Vision) were struggling with 2 of Thanos' pawns, so the 3 weakest Avengers (Cap, Falcon & Widow) come in and save them. "No Ways"

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Reminder: There's a SPOILER tag here at the forum. Might be good to use it if discussing outcomes, at least at the early stages of this thread.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
I felt dissapointed. Too much illogical crap, too predictable, but the effects were fukin incredible.

• Why not use wizard portal to chop off thanos arm like they did with the big monster earlier.
  • Why da fuk dr strange gave up time crystal just to save iron man(i presume he saw this as part of the only 1 future path to save everyone but didn't bother sharing his revelation...)
  • How the fuk Iron Man even survive that stab...
  • Why the fuk vision is suddenly such a damn pushover everyone fuks him up
  • Wtf happened to the Hulk movie budget.
  • Where the fuk was Thor during the entire time Thanos was on wakanda slowly getting closer to Vision
  • WHY DIDN"T DR.STRANGE USE TIME CRYSTAL TO GO BACK IN TIME WHEN THANOS WAS A WITTLE BABY AND KILL HITLER THANOS BEFORE HE WAS THANOS. comic books man.....
  • Is Star Lord really that much of a bitch that moments before they pulled of Thanos glove he ruins the whole thing...?
  • Wtf happen to the fat asian wizard, thanks for not helping out at all.

whatever man... i think the movie was pretty stupid. I did like Civil War, the conflict was more even sided. Infinite War was just OP for thanos. He couldn't lose thanks to plot armor.

Of course the disappearing of the all side characters at the end had no emotional impact on me whatever while half the theater was gasping... I already know everything will be neatly tidied up somehow, cause its comics baby.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Just saw it in Imax. I have been getting pretty tired of recent marvel movies - it is just a bunch of invincible dudes punching each other over and over.

However, I absolutely LOVED this movie! I enjoyed the first half better than the second, but that is just a testament to just how strong of a first half this movie was. Even my wife, who tunes out Marvel movies after about an hour and when the fighting starts, really enjoyed this one.

Sure there were some issues. The fact that Captain America and Black Widow could even pretend to keep up with the baddies is just laughable, but other than a few gaffes like that it was just fantastic. Can't wait for the second installment!

I did miss Adam Warlock though, hope they bring him out for #2.

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014
Based on how the movie made me feel. And the immersion I found myself in while watching. Best movie I’ve ever watched.

I AM THE SENATE

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 16, 2017
If you really are picking up what Thanos was putting down, you should probably find a suicide doctor. There lies the problem, everyone always wants someone else to suffer for their better life.
Wow, I didn't want to say it for that fear that i may sound like a "Weirdo" , Even i share the same thought about Thanos. Well said Sir!

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Miss Marvel/Cap Marvel is coming!

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
The thing I don't like about the Marvel comics are all the planet/galaxy/universal/multiversal/omnipotent/omnipresent/omniversal level beings. It starts becoming messy and lame: Celestials, Beyonder, Living Tribunal, Death, Eternity, Phoenix Force, Goblin Force.

The most attractive storylines (at least for me), were when it was simpler. Peter Parker got bitten by a spider, became spiderman, fought against enemies like Doc. Oct, Lizardman, Venom etc....

Or X-Men, at the very beginning....without going into all the Phoenix Force Cyclops and all that shat....
(yes, I get that it helps to sell more comics and merchandise like action figures)

And then, there's all these alternate and/or parallel universes such as The Other, Uncanny/Ultimate X-Men....

And that whole Ms. Marvel/Moonstone/Warbird/Captain Marvel/Kamala Khan Marvel mess......
(off-topic rant: I don't like how they're using Brie Larson as the actress for Cap. Marvel. Doesn't even do justice to the character. Brie is more suitable for a character in a rom-com movie IMO, such as a sweet stay-home mom or some school teacher).

Last edited:

FastLaner007

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Jan 28, 2014
Just watched it today. Brilliant movie with loads of action. Only thing is I didn't get the ending. May be it's for the next part.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
+1 ... was in shock through the credits...... theater was crazy.....

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
No, Black Panther is the best Marvel movie out.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Reminder: There's a SPOILER tag here at the forum. Might be good to use it if discussing outcomes, at least at the early stages of this thread.

I saw it last night. I don’t normally like any of the Marvel movies but I did like this one.

I wasn’t familiar with many of the superheroes in it like vision or scarlet witch, who I read about this morning after I saw the movie. And apparently she’s a very powerful superhero so yes some parts of the movie did not make any sense to me after knowing who was who.

But overall the movie was very good and entertaining and funny.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
I did miss Adam Warlock though, hope they bring him out for #2.

Have you read the comics? Particularly, the six issues of Infinity Gauntlet. From what I can remember. Doctor Strange is filling in the roll of Adam Warlock. Much like Hulk is doing for Silver Surfer.

I read a lot of comics, growing up, lol. Memory is a bit foggy on this.

How Doctor Strange, looks into the future, the only way speech, he reminds me of Adam Warlock, from the comic.

garyfritz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 16, 2011
Colorado
Doctor strange vs Thanos is probably one of the best Marvel movie fights ever made.
Sort of a spoiler:
That was kinda WTF for me. Earlier on, Wong created one of those spinny/sparkly portals, put it on a Big Bad's arm, then closed it -- poof, BB's arm is now in another dimension somewhere.

Why didn't Dr. Strange do that do Thanos!? Would have made a LOT more sense than trying to yank the gauntlet off his arm...

jsk29

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Jul 30, 2014
US
Went to watch it last week and had a lot of fun.

Thanos was pretty badass, but MVP was THHHOOOOORRRR!

Not familiar with the comics so don't care too much about nitpicking the details (nor how 'unrealistic' a comic book movie is).

I was hoping to see more Hulk though..

MisterBHZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Dec 10, 2013
Memphis, TN
I'm late to the Marvel world (minus Deadpool). I didnt join til Black Panther.

Then I went & watched Civil War to see how they brought Black Panther in.

Then I watched Infinity War but I didn't really understand some of the story because I didn't see the other movies.

So I went & watched them all.

I realized that I been missing out cuz all the movies got me hooked.

Infinity War is the best of all cuz damn that shit was good.

It was so good, I was pissed that it ended. It should have been longer.

Was going to see it again today but got caught up on business.

Going to see it again tomorrow.

Litza

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Apr 24, 2018
Valencia, Spain
Hands down the best Marvel movie to date in my opinion. Mostly if not entirely because of Thanos. I think he's unquestionably the best villain that they've ever had. You could even argue that he's not really even a villain.The action for the most part is done well.Bigger Dinklage was a huge surprise .

God damn!!! Thanos is awesome!

latest

I watched it yesterday. And I have to say all I think is: why do people like it? what do they see in it? The dialogues are so poor. The characters don´t develop because there are too many. The story is so shallow. The only interesting thing of the movie (Thanos beliefs), that could have generated something worth a movie, was limited to a line. I don´t know, maybe I´m a DC girl, who knows...

Last edited:

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
The dialogues are so poor. The characters don´t develop because there are too many. The story is so shallow.

Well thank you. I thought I was the only one.

These movies are indeed so shallow. They remind me of the transformer movies (big robots, if you have been lucky enough to avoid them and don't know what they are). They just go on and on and on - bashing one another back and forth. [Yawn]

And the fast and furious movies are the same way. A car chase scene that never ends. It's not like we haven't all heard engines rev up, tires squeel, and people scream too many times already. A little imagination could go a long ways in these idiotic movies. I'm starting to detest even SEEING Van Diesel.

You know who gets it? Watch the John Wick movies. They pull you in instead of pushing you away. That's what damn good movie making is all about!

Thanks for your honest look at things. I think you just "outgrow" this stuff in time. I need a plot in a movie that makes me think. Even Austin Powers made fun of the oh so predictable James Bond movies that were getting to be just one big special effects fest. It gets tiring.

Last edited:

focusedlife

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 16, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
I watched it yesterday. And I have to say all I think is: why do people like it? what do they see in it? The dialogues are so poor. The characters don´t develop because there are too many. The story is so shallow. The only interesting thing of the movie (Thanos beliefs), that could have generated something worth a movie, was limited to a line. I don´t know, maybe I´m a DC girl, who knows...
You probably don't follow the comics, right?

The comics is what makes this an indoctrinated fiends direct shot in the arm.

I've been waiting on this for nearly...what...25ish years?

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
You probably don't follow the comics, right?

The comics is what makes this an indoctrinated fiends direct shot in the arm.

I've been waiting on this for nearly...what...25ish years?

Come on man - @luniac is right on the money...

• Why not use wizard portal to chop off thanos arm like they did with the big monster earlier.
  • Why da fuk dr strange gave up time crystal just to save iron man(i presume he saw this as part of the only 1 future path to save everyone but didn't bother sharing his revelation...)
  • How the fuk Iron Man even survive that stab...
  • Why the fuk vision is suddenly such a damn pushover everyone fuks him up
  • Wtf happened to the Hulk movie budget.
  • Where the fuk was Thor during the entire time Thanos was on wakanda slowly getting closer to Vision
  • WHY DIDN"T DR.STRANGE USE TIME CRYSTAL TO GO BACK IN TIME WHEN THANOS WAS A WITTLE BABY AND KILL HITLER THANOS BEFORE HE WAS THANOS. comic books man.....
  • Is Star Lord really that much of a bitch that moments before they pulled of Thanos glove he ruins the whole thing...?
  • Wtf happen to the fat asian wizard, thanks for not helping out at all.

They threw this together as a cash cow. I wouldn't even say it had a plot. It was more like tag team wrestling. One hero after another - after another - and so on.

I'm done with Marvel. But I still collect their comic books from the golden and bronze age of comics. If this is the best the "new generation" of directors and/or writers can do - find your own super heroes. Don't ruin mine.

Stan Lee used to be a hero of mine - now I see he's turned corporate profiteer. So sad. I don't know if he's just sold out to the crank em out method of movie making, or if he just wants to dumb em down to grab the preteen audience that can stomach the video game format of constant bashing. Maybe both.

The good old days of Vulture and Rhino and Doctor Octopus - those were so much more basic stories - and so much better. Anybody remember those villains? Classic man - it's classic. It's not a commodity to exploit. Just like the 39 Ford Rods - in a class all by themselves. If you can't improve on them, leave them be. Get a Toyota and put a scoop on the hood - and show the world how little you know about what a car is... LOL. This generation...

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
WOW - you are sooooo right.

That movie didn't have the 25 million dollar special effects - but the effects were believable and scary. The two things you need in a story. Not iron man flying faster than a missile - or spider man lifting a train. Come on - let's keep it somewhat believable so my brain doesn't puke! I can take stretching things - but my brain eventually says, "can we go now - this is stupid sh*t" when it gets way out of hand.

What's the stupidest out of hand crap? It's a close race... but...

Transformers. You couldn't pay me to see another one of those flicks. They are mental torture. How much loud blasting noise and bashing can my brain tolerate? Video game on steroids - just what I want to pay to see - you betcha.

I have a PS4 Pro - just thinking of the mindless video games makes me want to go punch it! I got it for the VR - not the car chase excitement that can go on endlessly for days...

I'm so glad you appreciate Doc Ock for being the well though out quality movie that it truly is. Wonder woman was fantastic in its own right too.

Stan Lee needs me. He has wandered so far off the beaten path he doesn't even know he's lost!

Next Marvel movie out - I wait for it on Redbox or Netflix - and take my wife out to dinner! I'll find out how the heroes return the next day on the internet. That's all I need to know.

speaking of not lifting trains:
Legendary scene from spiderman 2, spiderman practically kills himself just to stop a train, and when the people pull him back in thats movie magic right there.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VL5Qgrz8tg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiOJr4EyUH8

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Best frikking movie about artificial sh*t ever.

I actually connected with Thanos. He knew things, he forecasted and figured out truths that he couldn’t un-know. Much like fastlane.

Highly controversial dialogue alert-

I connected hard with that movie in regard to our own planet and existence, of which I ponder almost constantly, to my own self inflicted suffrage. I saw a lot of similarities, and know that one day, we may be in the same situation here on Earth that some of the overpopulated planets in the movie were. This ball will not sustain us as we live and breed today, and even without us on it, there is no denying that our star, and thus our solar system with it, is approaching its middle age.

There’s still a long time for us to find an escape from that eventual series of events, but in the short term, we’ll have to deal with overpopulation and resources, as in the movie, if we hope to live and watch our star burn out.

I doubt that mass random genocide would ever take place, but one has to imagine - what would occur, should humanity realize imminent sustainability failure? In a period of desperation, would our species radically and violently lash out against itself in some form to avoid complete perish? Would our society accept and appoint such a practice, should our resources run dry? Or will we just accept that our hourglass is out of sand, and fade into the night on gradual decline as the planet becomes uninhabitable for its occupants, as it has in past extinctions.

I think Stan Lee was getting at something. I think for once, the movie wasn’t about a story. I think it was actually about us.

entrepreneurs will figure this out.

juggler619

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
May 25, 2015
Abu Dhabi
Best frikking movie about artificial sh*t ever.

I actually connected with Thanos. He knew things, he forecasted and figured out truths that he couldn’t un-know. Much like fastlane.

Highly controversial dialogue alert-

I connected hard with that movie in regard to our own planet and existence, of which I ponder almost constantly, to my own self inflicted suffrage. I saw a lot of similarities, and know that one day, we may be in the same situation here on Earth that some of the overpopulated planets in the movie were. This ball will not sustain us as we live and breed today, and even without us on it, there is no denying that our star, and thus our solar system with it, is approaching its middle age.

There’s still a long time for us to find an escape from that eventual series of events, but in the short term, we’ll have to deal with overpopulation and resources, as in the movie, if we hope to live and watch our star burn out.

I doubt that mass random genocide would ever take place, but one has to imagine - what would occur, should humanity realize imminent sustainability failure? In a period of desperation, would our species radically and violently lash out against itself in some form to avoid complete perish? Would our society accept and appoint such a practice, should our resources run dry? Or will we just accept that our hourglass is out of sand, and fade into the night on gradual decline as the planet becomes uninhabitable for its occupants, as it has in past extinctions.

I think Stan Lee was getting at something. I think for once, the movie wasn’t about a story. I think it was actually about us.
Wow, I didn't want to say it for that fear that i may sound like a "Weirdo" , Even i share the same thought about Thanos. Well said Sir!

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
seriously anyone who agrees with thanos can start with themselves lol
With the infinity gauntlet in his possession Thanos had 2 options:
1) Remove half of life in the universe
2) Double the abundance in the universe

Shows what kind of being Thanos truly is, a sidewalker.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.