The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

ATTENTION All Web Designers and App Developers

Learn how to build wealth and win financial freedom the Fastlane way!

Say "NO" to mediocre living rife with jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs who are making it happen.
Join for FREE Today
Get the books
Remove ads? Join Fastlane INSIDERS
(Registration removes this block)

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Nov 7, 2015
Don’t you hate trying to make sure that your website or app loads quickly?

Endlessly testing your website on GTMetrix. Refreshing the page. Testing different web hosting providers to try to squeeze out a little more speed.

I mean, you want to make your website look great with awesome graphics - without slowing things down too much. Because after all - if your website loads too slowly, your visitors are just going to bounce.

Well, I’m here to tell you that you can have a great looking website or app while still having it load quickly…

Introducing: lightweightanimations.com

I make Lottie animations, and if you’ve never heard of a Lottie animation, I’ll tell you what it is…

It’s a relatively new file format that is open source, vector based – so it can be scaled without loss of quality – and is a fraction of the size of GIF files.
ezgif.com-gif-maker (7).gif

Here are a few examples of my work:

“Premium” Lottie animation
Lottie file size: 83.5KB
Premium Lottie Animation
ezgif.com-gif-maker (8).gif

“City” Lottie Animation
Lottie file size: 68.08KB
City Lottie Animation
citygif.gif

“Business growth” Lottie Animation
Lottie file size: 36.38KB
Business Growth With Chart Lottie Animation
grow.gif

There’s loading animations…
cubee.gif
cell.gif
three.gif

Icon animations…
alert.gif
chart.gif
box.gif

And a few 3D animations... (Can't attach anymore files to this post)

3D Megaphone: https://lightweightanimations.com/products/megaphone-lottie-animation?_pos=1&_sid=7d99cf273&_ss=r

3D Checkmark: Checkmark Lottie Animation

All products are available in .json (Lottie), .aep (After Effects Project) .mp4 and .gif formats.

For pricing, you can subscribe to get unlimited downloads for only $5 per month.

Alternatively, if you don’t want to subscribe to the site, you can purchase each individual animation for $5.

If you have any questions or anything, feel free to get in contact with me. Down the road, I might offer custom animations, but I’m not totally sure yet.

Check it out today!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

YoungPadawan

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Nov 7, 2015
Do you mean they are 7 times smaller than GIF files?
That would be 85% smaller.
Well, it varies quite a bit depending on how many layers and vertices are in the After Effects files, but if you were to download the "Premium" GIF animation above, that GIF is 3,888KB (3.88 Megabytes) compared to the 83.5KB Lottie file. So that particular instance, it would be 4,656% smaller. (unless my math is wrong, I'm kind of bad at math :hilarious:)

Edit: I'm an idiot, my math was wrong, I guess it's only 97.85% smaller. I'll update the post. Thanks for pointing that out!

Last edited:

Nomads

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Jul 3, 2014
Favourited your website and will keep an eye for something I can use on future projects!

WillHurtDontCare

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 28, 2017
USA

YoungPadawan

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Nov 7, 2015
@YoungPadawan You could probably find a list of potential customers using builtwith.com (find websites using stripe - IE businesses) + this API ( Get Started with the PageSpeed Insights API | Google Developers ) to get the page load speed to find which pages load slow.

I think that built with also gives you emails and some revenue estimates, though the quality on those can be meh.

That's a great idea! Thank you!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WillHurtDontCare

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 28, 2017
USA

YoungPadawan

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Nov 7, 2015

WillHurtDontCare

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 28, 2017
USA
@YoungPadawan if you continue along the performance route, here's a website that you could look to for inspiration shamelessly steal features from.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Must Read Books...

Explore books recommended by MJ DeMarco and other members of the Fastlane entrepreneurial community.
Fastlane Bookstore