The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Attempting to Build A Productocracy [Niche > Problem > Pre-sell > Solution]

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 429-435
Second reddit DM book sale, first reddit DM buyer - Audio book, Paperback sale, Offer revamp - solve problems

"I would like to read a book on the story of your life. A biography."

"Ehhh?"

It was a new Monday when I started posting about my offer to my target audience in the form of reddit DMS. The focus was to gauge interest and see where I needed to improve the perceived and actual value of the bridge. After messaging a prospect that I felt my book could really help and introducing him to my offer, he decided he'd buy a copy of the book. I would have been happy with just that but then he asked...

"Do you have any other books like about your life?" I was flattered. But then I thought, that perhaps a book detailing how I went about solving the problem could be a valuable teaching experience in the future.

The first reddit DM buyer came back and he seems ecstatic about the relatability and explainability of the piece. He's really passionate about voice acting and wishes to practice with parts of the book and he really wants an audible version of it as well even recommending a really talented voice actor I could employ the talents off. In the future, I should look into factors that go into getting voice overs for books for the best reader experience for my target audience (Of which I doubt I can right now due to fund constraints).

We got a paperback sale! With this, I believe this almost a record for the month! I've been improving the main offer copy that's like the first 5 paragraphs of copy with the reddit DMS. My assumption is that since this is the solution to a real problem, if you knew the solution was within reach, you'd be happy about it. I believe it's about improving the offer to fulfil that. I've also been "revamping" the book's sections - If I can't post a section like it is on Tiktok, I can spice it up which should improve readability.

I'm still posting on Tiktok to see where the bridge can be improved. My comment section can be filled with feedback on that. So I try to do some micro improvements here and there and measure the results in terms of site visits and engagement. I think having a way to see the relation between micro actions and micro results helps a lot. For me, seeing squares space analytics of buy, download etc and how is linked to website copy allows me to roll back changes that can affect those measurements. We'll see how it goes.

Log out...
Day 436-442
Paperback sale, Offer revamp - solve problems

For the past few weeks(+?) I've been looking to improve my product and marketing in terms of perceived and actual value. If we as entrepreneurs think of our products as bridges, then I've been posting this bridge in reddit DMS and Tiktoks to see what should be improved about it. I believe in doing that you can get a prospect past the obstacles that may have stopped them from moving forward with your product. With a micro-action I try to measure the micro result. So these changes if positive, should result in more downloads or clicks and if not, I can roll back the changes to a working version - This reminds me of coding and GitHub for some reason.

Past that, we got another paperback sale! We'll see how it goes...

Log out...

oneac

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Jul 29, 2022
Book update:
Just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone - @Miketing @Andy Black @WJK and so many of the amazing forum members for helping forge this journey so far! I really am grateful!

View attachment 52384
A customer's shelf by the way, wonder if you can guess which one is mine haha

The book needs some polishing but apart from that it's starting to shape up quite solidly. Looking forward to it!
I can't image how satisfying that must feel (yet )

Amazing stuff @Edgar King

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 562-568
Offer revamp - solve problems, video conversions increase, on site conversions increase, beta reader sale

Just as a recap, the goal of my progress thread is to birth a productocracy because that's just really cool for all parties involved based on finding a starving crowd. I believe the high level action for that sums up to two sentences...

Just start (sell something - courtesy of Andy Black and WJK kicking my butt to action haha - I figured window cleaning wasn't necessarily for me so I switched to the current venture I'm in to a problem I was passionate about). Iterate to a productocracy (create something that gives a prospect a desired result without the big pain point now or in the future).

At a high level I believe this comes down to marketing and product development.

For my marketing - this has been posting on one channel which is TikTok about 3 times a week at least. Each video is able to garner at least 1000-10000 views and I'm looking for ways to make my content better to increase the views or some other method such as podcasting to do so. The process to create a video is to surf my relevant target market subreddit > find a problem they're facing > offer a real solution to it > that's the video in the form of a music video or a longer form video. The conversions come about when I add a "fly-hook" in the comments section such as...

"If you liked this, you might like my book, called "bookname" linked in my bio"

This so far has allowed a conversion rate of 0.1% to the site - a far cry from the proposed average of 1% I've often heard about.

For product development - it's about being in contact with readers of the book in terms of google docs I send them or in just posting book bits. I hear their feedback and solve the problem that could stop them from reaching the dream outcome - progress can be measured as the number of problems solved in a period of time from the book bit. In recruiting readers I've now created a google sheet that allows me to follow up with these readers at appropriate times.

On a side note, I recently asked a beta reader who left a review that he could leave it on my new edition of the book - of which he ended up buying it for which I was grateful.

For product development, the goal is for a product that helps the average reader change their thinking, behaviour and results that they consciously desired in buying the product in the present or future. Technically speaking, this has happened actually based on the feedback I've got. I suppose what I'm doing now is just refining it for that to happen more frequently and to remove the core blocks in achieving that.

For marketing, the goal is to make a sale x in a month, make 10x that, then make that "10x" consistently in sales in a month (10 sales a month), then make 10x that and so on. Based on my observations, the current goal is making that "10x"in sales consistently in a month.

The product development solution sounds simple - increase the numbers of readers and increase the number of worked problems those readers face in achieving the dream outcome - It's definitely a work in progress.

The marketing solution sounds simple - increase views or increase video conversions - It's definitely a work in progress. We'll see how it goes.

Log out...
Day 569-575
Offer revamp - solve problems, (semi) viral video, fly hook-video conversions, follow up sheets-beta readers

The previous weeks were spent working on more of the problems my target audience was facing in applying the material in the book to reach the dream outcome - a beta reader actually pointed out a core area of the book I had to work on so I'm sending them the new edits to review.

Thanks to @Spenny and @Fox I was able to cook up a semi-viral video this week. It's not like it went over 10K in views though, but that's definitely relatively viral compared to my usual videos and it again proves going viral in your videos is not luck. I'm not sure what I've learned will produce the same results consistently but it's a start and I'd like to share it anyway -

Here's are the takeaways to make a viral video -
  • Give value in content - Real Activity’er, real pain point/desire (hook - open loop), real high-level action (lever), real (story with) solution - close loop - The box/video format

• Make a video that's (relatively) satisfying (they get a perceived value- scale/mag/sig/value of a topic * change (entertain/educate | solve/relate/validate/comfort) / time expenses) * value modifier (open loop to cause a hook for a scale x magnitude of people) per time (audience retention) and (directly/indirectly) sells your product to your target market - The voiled box
  • The hook (open loop): expectations (what I have/know) ≠ About a topic or activity ≠ reality (what I want/is) -> curious/question? Content that is valuable and interesting to watch → viral content.
  • Idea: Viral box + viral voil (target market) = viral video
  • Make a video that's the answer to, "Would this video be something I'd not be surprised if it were viral (a subjectively good video)?"
Despite the video getting a lot more views than usual though, the conversions to the website remained almost similar even though I posted a link to the book in the comment section. My guess is I didn't "sell" the value of the click enough - don't just tell your audience to do something, tell them why and how it could help - this is the hypothesis for the next experiment.

I've built a follow up table with google sheets. I've had some trouble in the past with keeping up with beta readers after sending them the book as I couldn't easily remember their names. By storing their names and date to follow up with them, I can send them the appropriate follow up message to get their feedback on the book so far.

The product development solution sounds simple - increase the numbers of readers and increase the number of worked problems those readers face in achieving the dream outcome - It's definitely a work in progress.

The marketing solution sounds simple - increase views or increase video conversions - It's definitely a work in progress. We'll see how it goes.

Log out...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 576-582
Offer revamp - solve problems, (semi) viral video, fly hook-video conversions, follow up sheets-beta readers, sale - 1 + 1 = 2

The previous weeks were spent working on more of the problems my target audience was facing in applying the material in the book to reach the dream outcome - a beta reader actually pointed out a core area of the book I had to work on so I'm sending them the new edits to review.

I'm still following the viral formula and it's helped my videos gain more views than usual.

Here's are the takeaways to make a viral video -
  • Give value in content - Real Activity’er, real pain point/desire (hook - open loop), real high-level action (lever), real (story with) solution - close loop - The box/video format
  • Make a video that's (relatively) satisfying (they get a perceived value- scale/mag/sig/value of a topic * change (entertain/educate | solve/relate/validate/comfort) / time expenses) * value modifier (open loop to cause a hook for a scale x magnitude of people) per time (audience retention) and (directly/indirectly) sells your product to your target market - The voiled box
  • The hook (open loop): expectations (what I have/know) ≠ About a topic or activity ≠ reality (what I want/is) -> curious/question? Content that is valuable and interesting to watch → viral content.
  • Idea: Viral box + viral voil (target market) = viral video
  • Make a video that's the answer to, "Would this video be something I'd not be surprised if it were viral (a subjectively good video)?"
The conversions to the website at the moment with the "fly-hook" stand at about 1 to 1000. Perhaps as I can improve video SEO and brand appeal these numbers may rise.

I've built a follow up table with google sheets. I've had some trouble in the past with keeping up with beta readers after sending them the book as I couldn't easily remember their names. By storing their names and date to follow up with them, I can send them the appropriate follow up message to get their feedback on the book so far.

A customer who bought the book before, liked the book so much he bought another copy to ship it off to a friend. He explained he believed the book could help them as well. Yay.

The marketing solution sounds simple - increase views (daily/consistent/seo) or increase video conversions (branding) - It's definitely a work in progress. We'll see how it goes.

Log out...
Day 583-589
Offer revamp - solve problems, follow up sheets-beta readers, book ideas, new record - sale

Creating a systematised process for following up with beta readers revealed new insights - they hadn't started reading the book - reason: "busy" - guess as to why? They hadn't yet seen the value in it. Solution: Forget about asking them to read the book for now. Come in to talk to them as a discussion - post the main book idea instead of the book, see if they subscribe to these ideas and if not, iterate until they themselves believe and subscribe to them. Conclusion: Sell the idea before you sell a product built on it, selling is allowing the user to understand how your product/solution can get them from point A to E, 1 (potential) sale.

I've received my third sale so far for the month which might not be something to write home about - but I am grateful and is an all new record in sales. The conversions on the site are higher now on average as a result of beta reader conversations and working on the book ideas presented accordingly to solve potential problems.

The marketing solution sounds simple - increase website views (daily/consistent/seo) or increase video conversions (branding) - It's definitely a work in progress. We'll see how it goes.

Log out...

Nostalgia

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
May 21, 2023
Day 618-624
Offer revamp - solve problems, copy change - dms'

View attachment 53364

Dm of the week (Of course I forwarded him to MJ's books for methodologies behind how I wrote the book ;))

The previous weeks were spent working on more of the problems my target audience was facing in understanding the material in the book to reach the dream outcome. For example, making the start of the book less technical, front loading the "value" and just making it more welcoming to an audience - I happened to "chop up" the starting point of the book, it's like I'm pushing the goody goody goodness further and further up the page such that if they take a peak into the book, they get the value swifter.

I've "revamped" my website copy (based on target audience interactions). This allowed me to see a pretty consistent flow of people who say they'd like to read the book in DMs'. The current hurdle is in understanding if they actually open the google doc and exactly where they stop reading (getting quantitative feedback) so I can iterate on that or confirming that I've been able to pass the value to them with the book (getting qualitative feedback).

The marketing solution sounds simple - increase website views (daily/consistent/seo) or increase video conversions (branding) - It's definitely a work in progress. We'll see how it goes.

Log out...
Hey - just recently stumbled upon this thread, your making quite good progress!

I just want to ask, what was your motivation to write this book, like, how did you stumble upon the problem? And also how long did it take to write it?

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
LET'SSS GOOOOOO

Screenshot 2024-01-13 at 6.52.58 PM copy.png
I'm so proud of him, even if this is all the book does, I'm so thankful for this forum in allowing this to be a reality!

Last edited:

CruxisKnight

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Jan 7, 2021
Hey guys! I've been on this forum for ages, but was just silently absorbing the valuable information you all provide and enhancing my mindset to start my entrepreneurial journey. I've learnt to just love everyone from the bottom of my heart which motivates me to desire to solve problems from the right place. I'm starting a 90 day challenge, of going from $0 to $1K a month as a starting point. Wish me luck! And thanks so much to MJ for helping make all this possible :) Please treat me well.
That's awesome. Welcome. What monetization method are you going to use?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

dandy2902

New Contributor
May 12, 2021
Hey guys! I've been on this forum for ages, but was just silently absorbing the valuable information you all provide and enhancing my mindset to start my entrepreneurial journey. I've learnt to just love everyone from the bottom of my heart which motivates me to desire to solve problems from the right place. I'm starting a 90 day challenge, of going from $0 to $1K a month as a starting point. Wish me luck! And thanks so much to MJ for helping make all this possible :) Please treat me well.
Good luck Edgar! What are you going to do?

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Welcome! Participation is step one... now make a bigger and bigger part of world better. We need it :playful:

I think it's god to have both "problem to solve" goals and financial goals. The first type are more motivating to me, I think. And the second type are the dose of realism that every business and creative person needs.

If people don't care enough about safety-engineered pencil sharpeners for you to make a living off of a 10 year delve into that esoteric subject, then perhaps re-evaluating the problem you're solving is a good idea.

Looking forward to seeing what you produce :)
Haha! True that! Problem to solve goals really are the main motivator for me! When I started before I was just thinking how I would make the money, and that didn't really encourage me to do anything. I think having the two, with the Problem to solve goals as a higher priority will make one succeed, because one also must be realistic in that the problem you're solving will impact others enough so that they can pay you for it.

Ah! Thank you!

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Welcome! Participation is step one... now make a bigger and bigger part of world better. We need it :playful:

I think it's god to have both "problem to solve" goals and financial goals. The first type are more motivating to me, I think. And the second type are the dose of realism that every business and creative person needs.

If people don't care enough about safety-engineered pencil sharpeners for you to make a living off of a 10 year delve into that esoteric subject, then perhaps re-evaluating the problem you're solving is a good idea.

Looking forward to seeing what you produce :)
I've decided I'll post my progress here on this thread, or should I start another thread on that?

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 1
Collated partial data for plan for this post INTRO - 1 Year Silent Forum Reader - 5 hours. Of course this data came from about 1 year of surfing the forum. Scratch that a week, when I decided to become serious about this thing.
Day 2
Finished collating data for plan from moving from productocracy by going through niche, to problem, to solution - 8 hours. Yes a week of prior research on the actual practical steps of the big picture.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Good to have you! Welcome!

Stick around and tie us in on the details. I am positive you'll blow the doors off of your goal.

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Local is something I am becoming more bullish on these days. Local doesn't have to mean small.
This was so needed right now XD I was stuck on wether I should build on the US or locally. Focusing locally has allowed me to see some opportunities. Thank you :)

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Good to have you! Welcome!

Stick around and tie us in on the details. I am positive you'll blow the doors off of your goal.
Ahhh, this is the start of an adventure! (I just hope it's entertaining enough, profitably entertaining )

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 4

I had to finish a lot of tasks that cost 10 hours. So an Emergency task. Ended up with these for the day-
Daily goal: pick a niche using criteria. Contact 10 people on their problems in that niche. Contact the top 10 in the industry for an interview. Learn copy as well.
(1) $100K - $1 million Revenue/profits a year ( Meaning a market size of around $40 million nationwide)
(2) High value industry where the number of businesses nationwide is 30K-50K (Or more).
(3) They have less than 25 employees
(4) Growth rate.
(5) Sell products in the $1000 price basket.
(In Nigeria)
Industries that get me excited(5)
Pets, Lawyer, web design,Restaurants, Beauty Salons, veterinarians, Marketing, Dentists
Pets-
(1) $211 million in 2019 | $99 billion in the US
(2) 2k- 18K
(3) ✅
(4) CAGR of 3.5% from 2020 to 2025
(5) Prices can range from $200- $3000 For dogs
Lawyer-
  1. | $319.7bn (US)
(2) Over 2000 law firms | 433,497
(3) 9
(4) 0.6%
(5) Prices range from $255 to $520 (Possibly even thousands) for law firms. (NGN) Attorneys who have a two-year experience or less (entry-level) usually make 181.82 - 218.18 monthly. While someone else with a three to five-year (mid-level) legal skill is expected to earn at least 363.64 per month (Yeesh, $2,521 a year). (US) Lawyers made a median salary of $122,960 in 2019. The best-paid 25 percent made $186,350 that year, while the lowest-paid 25 percent made $80,950. (NGN)
GOAL NOT REACHED
web design-
(1)
(2)
(3)
(4)
(5)
web development-
Restaurants-
Logistics-
Beauty Salons-
Dentists-
veterinarian-
Personal Thoughts
Keep an extremely open mind in learning these things and the journey will be a lot smoother.
Huge market + people wanting to buy when you describe the idea to them + knowing how to reach your audience + knowing what gets your audience to buy. Provide the shovels, don't mine for gold.
----
Goal failed. Trying again tomorrow. Also, so sad that are countries lawyers are paid so low.
Day 5
Currently also working on an internship. Before I start calling 10 people for their problems I need to select the niche, I've got some good ideas for the top industries in the country. Web dev, Web design, Restaurants, Marketing(SEO, etc), Hotels, Lawyers, and real estate. But the one that caught my eye the most was eccomerce web development. They charge in the $1k range and the number of employees doesn't seem that much. Feel something is coming up, log end.

---

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 5
Currently also working on an internship. Before I start calling 10 people for their problems I need to select the niche, I've got some good ideas for the top industries in the country. Web dev, Web design, Restaurants, Marketing(SEO, etc), Hotels, Lawyers, and real estate. But the one that caught my eye the most was eccomerce web development. They charge in the $1k range and the number of employees doesn't seem that much. Feel something is coming up, log end.

---
Just finalised picking my niche today. Will start emailing or meeting those in the niche tomorrow hopefully . I've also noticed that most of their websites are so poor looking compared to international markets own, perhaps I've already found an early problem they face.

Criteria-
(1) $100K - $1 million Revenue/profits a year ( Meaning a market size of around $40 million nationwide)
(2) High value industry where the number of businesses nationwide is 30K-50K (Or more).
(3) They have less than 25 employees
(4) Growth rate.
(5) Sell products in the $1000 price basket.

Digital Marketing
(1) $270m. The market's largest segment is Search Advertising with a projected market volume of US$153m in 2021. (SEO)
(2) ✅ (Probably yes)
(3) 2-10 employees
(4) ✅ Screenshot 2021-06-03 at 11.56.00 PM.png
(5) The average cost for digital marketing services in 2020 ranges from N50,000 to N350,000 per month.

Also realised that Nigerians don't actually earn so low in the $2000 range, it's all about their connections and how they market themselves as well.

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
This is the template young Edgar is using to email them.

Dear NAME,

Thank you for taking the time to read this email. My name is Edgar King and I'm a budding entrepreneur looking to help people like you.

I'd love just a few minutes of your time, to understand what your challenges are in your profession to see if I can help.

Thanks,
Edgar King
---
Too blunt? Too fast? Let me know what you think! Thanks!
----
For the remaining half-

Dear NAME,

Thank you for taking the time to read this email. My name is Edgar King and I was wondering if you'd be interested in an interview to discuss your best and marketing strategies for others to hear about. You'd be my first interviewee ever! Let me know if you're interested!

Thanks,
Edgar King
----
UPDATE on the web scraper
I built a web scraper that could help to easily find leads on Instagram pages for this company I thought it would help. Unfortunately, I guess it bombed. I presented it to 3 of the employees that worked for the company and only 1/3 expressed great interest in the product. In that sense, it was a learning experience and that's still pretty cool!

Last edited:

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 9

Finished making the web scraper and hoping to sell it to a company. Now I CAN start putting in the work into this plan. - 7 hours

Contacted 5 digital marketers in the field- 50 minutes

Awaiting their responses.

Log out
Day 10

Wow! We are already 11% there?! I have to step up my game! Emailed 5 more marketers today and downloaded mail track so I can measure responses. Also, spent time learning copywriting - 3 hours

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Hey Edgar, I'm sure it feels like you are talking into the void right now but I just wanted to let you know we are reading and your energy and attitude is inspiring! Keep up the good work and good luck!
Thank you! Fight on! Fight on!

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 12

Took today as my rest day (In the original docs, one day of rest is allowed maximum in the early stages per week. I can't even edit it anymore XD. )
Day 11

Ok, today I set out to contact 10 digital marketer businesses today, learn more about cold calling and follow up on anyone that replied - 6 hours.

I've settled for asking for an interview approach, because coming out and just asking someone randomly for their problem is weird! XD They'll think I'm a crazy pumpkin.

One of the marketer founders has inquired about the interview. I've copied the approach and will replicate it for the others.

This is what I used:

Dear NAME,

Thank you for taking the time to read this email. My name is Edgar King and I was wondering if a representative of your digital marketing department could join me for a short interview to discuss your best sales and marketing strategies for others to hear about. Let me know if you're interested!

Thanks,
Edgar King

There was a bad power outage for a long time so I've learned next time I should leave my computer charged and finish tasks as soon as possible.

For day 13, (Today), I'm planning on scanning these companies pages for possible leaks in problems or goals they may have, building a brand from this- NOTABLE! - Lex DeVille's: How to Build a Kickass 4-Step Brand, create an instagram page based on that brand, create a website based on that brand, and then emailing the marketers I research for today. Check this out to choose your colour palette for your brand- Coolors. Lock in black and white, and then your main colours and then just choose the rest of the colours that match.

Also, PLEASE, don't go to people and ask directly what are your problems, literally!

Check this out- NOTABLE! - I emailed 40 local organisations asking what their problems and frustrations are

I did this by email and received zerrrooooo responses and even tried it in real life, it barely works the way you want it too. Asking has to be specific and before you do that, you must provide value and only then do they have incentive to answer this easy question.

Since I can't edit my main thread post, the way I'm doing this currently is through interviews. Which digital marketer doesn't want exposure right? Which digital marketer doesn't want to be labelled an expert in his field and receive free linking to their business page? None! (Unless they have some super duper special scenario I don't know about). So offer value first, before even asking this question, and do let it be natural.

To make up for my robotic way of talking to people, and to use my strengths of public speaking, asking about their biggest problem in an interview setting is best for me! The only problem with this approach is that it takes time to schedule, and publish it. Right now, I'm aiming to do it once per week, but who knows I might double down on it.

Bug out (Log out, you know? Ladybug and Catnoir )

Last edited:

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Note On Speed and going even faster on this route

Now while it would take about 9 months irrationally to get this up and running, that's just an unnecessarily long time for just launching something. Ice cream man made that No industry, No money thread in the perspective that one wouldn't have money at all but there are faster ways.

You don't have to wait to interview 50 people every week to them the hardest problem they're dealing with at work right now. You can probably do 4 interviews a week and just store them for later data extraction, and then post on your page/website each week. This would take about 3 months and by then a main pain point should emerge.

To go even faster and more reliably, you should couple this with forums where your industry hangs out online. You can then try to develop relationships with members or you can mine their problems from forum posts. Since this is even easier, try to mine for at least 4 problems from your niche every day to extract the data. Doing this for a month coupled with the interview approach should make the main problem bolder and stronger than ever before. Doing this for 2 months should be enough to start something feasible to be honest. Thinking of taking this approach.

So in addition to booking for interviews hopefully 4 week by emailing 10 marketers a day, I'll be scanning for 4 problems voiced by other marketers every day. With this, I am now going to launch I'm going to do this process for the next 50 days. So the problem finding phase will end on day 64. After which, I will then jump into the solution phase of the plan.

Log out.

Last edited:

Ziiell

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
May 16, 2021
Singapore
Really happy for you to have gotten a first interview!! :somber: Hope it would be/was fruitful (not sure what time will/did the interview happen when you see this message).

Which digital marketer doesn't want exposure right? Which digital marketer doesn't want to be labelled an expert in his field and receive free linking to their business page?

I totally agree with you that everybody wants more exposure. Were you worried that it would be hard to get someone to agree to do an interview with you though? Especially like for example, if I do not have an existing audience to provide the exposure for the marketers/businesses, how should I build the confidence to make someone want to be interviewed by me?

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 15

Editing the videos and did another interview - 4 hours

Last edited:

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
So I just realised that digital marketing is so broad! So I'm now targeting SEO specialists. Seems promising.

Log out.
I suggest you target ads specialist, they directly deal with money and is generally much faster for them to see the results.

Just my opinion.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Ah, great point! Checked google trends as well and they are quite similar in terms of size, but still less popular so probably less competition.

Do you mean PPC specialists? Or Google adwords specialists?
Whatever you feel comfortable, every option is a good option. It shouldn't matter unless its too niche

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Less than one week ago I started using something like your approach of seeking contacts for interviewing. Honestly, I see more responses from my prospects, and I'm seeming to keep following ups with them. Thanks for the idea man! Unsoulful cold emailing sucks.
It all boils down to give value first and they'll be inclined to do the same. Tell me about it, I was receiving like zero responses by cold email before but even if this approach is harder than just asking them for their problems, it allows you to gain domain knowledge from the experts as well. So glad it helped you men! Well the original idea came from ICK, I am but a humble scribe ;).

Last edited:

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 21
Day 20 - SALE

Break time baby! Need to use this day to also refine my direction. Using Andy Black's advice of just helping the person closest to me I've been able to gain a semi sale with PPC advertising. My dad. He explained how he has a problem gaining more clients before but didn't really pay attention, because I was focused on trying to build a business and skills rather than devoting to focusing on the people around me and helping them in the way I can.

As a business owner, they want one of two things: Solve a problem, or get more of something. I noticed the way he gets clients is pretty outdated, he has to host events which limits his reach and is ineffective. So I asked if he had a digital marketing agency, but said he didn't so I said I'll help him with PPC, allowing him to get more clients and targeted clients. He even said he would give me a commission. Needless to say, we became a happier father and son that day :). The niche popped up itself.

I've already run ads before on my youtube channel and didn't want to acknowledge that I was already well equipped to help people. There was no need to complicate it needlessly XD.

Just know, things are a lot easier to do and understand than you would think. Value is something that helps create a positive effect on others. Think whether it can at least positively help someone achieve something.

Ways to provide value:
Solve a problem.
Help people achieve more.

When I was talking to him, he became ecstatic that I could help him achieve more clients, more sales etc.

On that note, should also continue interviewing those SEO consultants to build up my SEO skills as well.

Log out

ʕ•́ᴥ•̀ʔっ​

Copywriting guide- GOLD! - Lex DeVille's: 15 Days to Freedom - Make Money Copywriting in 15 Days or Less Day 3 ✅ - 1:30 hours

Follow up with client who wants PPC Ads ✅

Ask 5 people in my niche for an interview ✅ (This converts well now, so I don't mind only booking 2 for the day)

Learnt web design through google my business - 1:30 ✅

Slow day, but going to start the interviews again (I have like at least 5 stockpiled now), this time with what I think is a much better defined niche.

Log out

ʕ•́ᴥ•̀ʔっ​

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 22

Almost Finish digital marketing setup ✅
Follow up with client to set time to discuss goals of website and what he wants specifically ✅
Ask 5 people in the niche for an interview or you help them with their PPC advertising ✅

The client ghosted on me. Next time, I'm going to try and build a relationship and go in with a softer approach. The people did not respond to my interview attempts, perhaps because it felt spammy.

Will iterate, and improve. To avoid action faking, I'm going to focus on doing at least 1 action a day that would lead to results. For where there is action, there are results. And where there are results, there is feedback. And where there is feedback, there is the potential for refined action.
Day 23

(2 hour ) Copywriting guide- GOLD! - Lex DeVille's: 15 Days to Freedom - Make Money Copywriting in 15 Days or Less Day 4- Including sending a proposal to a potential client for feedback.

(2 minutes) Review interview methods and relationship methods and apply it to get an interview (Get to know them first) ✅

I'm taking a different approach with direct marketing. Get to know them first, then help them as a friend, and if they need help, promote.

Trying to eliminate action faking and focus on doing things that gets results.

Google suspended my ads account due to overdues. So I'm going to pay it off with intern money. But the company has been so slow in payments, they said it would come tomorrow though.

Looking forward to it,
Log out

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.