The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Asking for advice on selling my house

Tactical

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Apr 9, 2016
Lincoln, Nebraska
Wife wants to move to another state. The problem is that I did some major renovations to our current house without letting the state know about it. Examples are: breaking down a non bearing wall to expand a room, replaced knob and tubing and rewired to modern, tore down plaster walls and insulated and drywalled, etc. How can I sell it without getting fined up the a$$? I haven't the money..

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Wife wants to move to another state. The problem is that I did some major renovations to our current house without letting the state know about it. Examples are: breaking down a non bearing wall to expand a room, replaced knob and tubing and rewired to modern, tore down plaster walls and insulated and drywalled, etc. How can I sell it without getting fined up the a$$? I haven't the money..
Call a realtor and see if they'll list it.

jfny

Oh it's coming. Just wait.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Apr 23, 2016

Auction it off to the highest bidder. Disclose what you did to the buyer. Tell them they will need to be responsible for the fines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I've owned and sold one house. I did a fair amount of similar work in it myself. I even remodeled the bathroom. I was told that I didn't need a permit for any of it because I did all the work myself. This is in California. I talked with my realtor about all of this. She said that as long as we disclose all of it, we're fine. I didn't rewire, but I did install a fair number of new lights, and a couple new circuits.

I'm sure the rules vary greatly state to state.

You did do everything to code, right?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.