The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

GOLD! Ask Me Anything About SaaS ( I'm building my 7th )

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

NMdad

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 6, 2017
New Mexico
Yes, you can bring it into a SaaS.

You would need to arrange to pull that data in, old and new, with an API or some agreement with the data providers.

That is unless, you plan to scrape the data without an API or agreement.

If you scrape the data, you should learn to do it wisely and within limits.
You might look at data visualization platforms like Microsoft PowerBI or Tableau.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

silent

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read Rat-Race Escape!
Speedway Pass
Jul 19, 2020
I do have a follow up question, is it easier to collect the data with an api/agreement or is it easier to just scrape it?
I believe dedicated API will always be better though there can be rare exceptions.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 29, 2013
Louisville - Kentucky
Ok I understand, I appreciate the response
I do have a follow up question, is it easier to collect the data with an api/agreement or is it easier to just scrape it?

It will be easier with an API, if the data providers will have it.

It will more than likely be structured and documented on how to use it, have resource limits, etc.

When you scrape, you never know when the data will change ( not the data you need, the data for the regex ), when they might block your bot/script, legal issues that could present itself, etc.

Vasili27

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Jun 2, 2021
Philadelphia Pa
It will be easier with an API, if the data providers will have it.

It will more than likely be structured and documented on how to use it, have resource limits, etc.

When you scrape, you never know when the data will change ( not the data you need, the data for the regex ), when they might block your bot/script, legal issues that could present itself, etc.
appreciate the feedback, I need to read more about this stuff as well

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE NEW: The Best School for Going Fastlane (Now open for summer enrollment)
The new program website is live with a deal from now till the end of October...
MARKETPLACE Freelance University: Solve Every Freelance Problem (Especially on Upwork)
For those who are just seeing this, there are currently a total of 15 live courses and 1...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Fox's Web School helps you learn a specialized skill which you can use to get to Fastlane. It's...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Chris is super sharp and is aware of many facets of entrepreneurship and can help get your...

Learn Fastlane Business Skills & Get Profitable Within 30 Days...

Get Started Now

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom