• Discuss Entrepreneurship | Start-Ups | Starting a Business | Wealth | Money | Success | Investing
  1. Escape the Grind. Resurrect The Dream. Live Happily Ever After.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

Don’t just build a business—build a life and a legacy. UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is a specific subset of business creation that awakens dreams, frees time, and explodes incomes—but more importantly, it changes lives.

Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.
    KICKSTART YOUR PERSONAL REVOLUTION TODAY.
    Get The Book(s) Download More Info Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Change Yourself.
Change Your Life.
Change The World.

Join now and within minutes, you can start getting advice from real millionaire entrepreneurs who live the dream.

GOLD Ask me anything about eCommerce (2015+)

Discussion in 'Internet / Mobile Apps / Software' started by biophase, Aug 28, 2015.

1. biophase

biophase Legendary Contributor LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $92,629
    No, a very low percentage of people sign up.

Valor likes this.
  2. Era

Era Bronze Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $640
    Hey Bio, why the switch away from Sparkpay?

3. biophase

biophase Legendary Contributor LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $92,629
    They charged for bandwidth so it was actually more expensive than Shopify. Also, my sites lost alot of SEO ranking after I switched. When I moved it back to Shopify, my rankings came back.

Era likes this.
  4. ProblemOd

ProblemOd Bronze Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,642
    So quick question...

what's the general consensus on getting product reviews?

Feedbackfive vs feedbackgenius vs feedbackz

# of emails in email sequence

time after delivery for first email + time in between emails in sequence

Email content

Also i've heard some people on the seller forums say that it's better not to ask for feedback and let amazon handle it. They said amazon sends out emails for product reviews (but I've never recieved one from them).

Thoughts?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  5. jsdev

jsdev Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $326
    its up My experience selling my ecommerce business

JAJT, quanttastic and Cembo like this.
  6. MetalGear

MetalGear Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $433
    Do you think it is generally suicide to list oversized products on Amazon?

For example...a 36" x 6" x 6" 4lb foam roller. I understand shipping and inventory costs are higher.

I am wondering if you have had success with oversized products during your journey and if there are any special insights you can share.

Thanks,
    MG

Rahde Jones likes this.
  7. Vincent Law

Vincent Law New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $118
    Is anyone else having trouble getting products approved on Amazon? I keep getting rejected, and have resorted to googling why Amazon Sellers Central is rejecting my product.

Lots of people there are complaining that Amazon no longer wants to source products from outside the US in the categories of health or food.

Any advice about getting around this frustrating roadblock?

8. jsdev

jsdev Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $326
    So a company has offered me a commission on sales if I set up and run their FBA.

They sell a variety of handmade chocolate products- good product, and they do all the manufacturing so fat margins.

Anyone here done commission/royalty based deals before? Would like to get some ideas on how to structure the deal.

Also, has anyone exported food products form Australia to America for FBA?

9. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Bronze Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,300
    Is this something being a registered brand will help with? They made another listing of your product word for word and I'm guessing pictures also. If you get registered as a brand, then they wouldn't be able to do that right?

10. biophase

Rep Bank:
    $92,629
    I send out a 2 email sequence to ask for reviews.

I wouldn't go anything above 2. I think one is enough but with my company I don't think people mind the first email which is just informational.

ProblemOd likes this.
  11. biophase

Rep Bank:
    $92,629
    There's nothing wrong with oversized products. You treat it the same as any other product. You just need to figure out if the numbers work.

The fact that the product is oversized should not factor into your decision on whether or not you should import it. You are trying to decide if the product adds value to people's lives not if it's small enough to fit in a certain size box.

I can see where you may not have storage room at your house because of product is oversized. But other than that I don't factor it's size specifically in my decision because your margin calculations are done regarding the actual product no matter what you choose.

If you look at the large foam roller, people are obviously selling it on Amazon so they are dealing with its size. So how does that make this product different then a smaller foam roller? I'm sure the margin calculations have accounted for at size and shipping due to its size.

MetalGear likes this.
  12. biophase

Rep Bank:
    $92,629
    No, being a registered brand will not help that issue at all.

MetalGear likes this.
  13. MoneyDoc

MoneyDoc Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,075
    Hey Kenric,

Quick question, how do you deal with a product doing a great number of sales per day (70-100) but is still not on the first page? There's some products on the first page with 5-10 reviews doing WAY less sales than our listing. We released in March. One problem we did have was running out of inventory too quickly.. You think this is what is affecting our listing? The best we've been was page 2. Sold 100 units yesterday, and oddly going down in rank...? I think we have the most reviews in our category as well. Listing is well optimized.

14. ddzc

ddzc Silver Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,674
    Big products are tougher, but it's a HUGE barrier of entry for many, which is always good. You need to figure out the margins and have a fulfillment center handle the logistics end of it. You also need to map out your entire year in advance and have huge capital for monthly container shipments if you want to scale and grow fast. There's a lot of delay and time involved with sea freight as opposed to air. I'm going through this as we speak, it's definitely a pain and not easy!

amp0193 and MetalGear like this.
  15. JayTGold

JayTGold New Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $77
    Hi Biophase, quick question: I have a product Im selling locally which is actually doing pretty good (not in the US)

Im planning to get into Amazon this year however I havent decided if I want to use my current product to start the FBA process.

Would it be possible for me to send you a private message and show you my product to get your feedback on if it would be a good idea or crap to sell it on Amazon?
    Thanks

16. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Bronze Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,300
    Maybe you're ranking higher on a different keyword or not accounting for something else like word of mouth, etc.

17. Denim Chicken

Rep Bank:
    $1,300
    Could you elaborate? I thought the whole point of going through the trouble of becoming a registered brand is that you have the ability to introduce the brand/product variations into the amazon system so there's only 1 listing for it by the manufacturer or authorized retailers. This can help get around having to compete for the buybox on your own private labeled or branded product, and also other people changing your listing.

If people can sell your exact same listing without being the owners, I'm guessing that's not allowed but is the problem that there are too many of these copycat listings to effectively deal with this issue? I read amazon does not take kindly to counterfeit and I imagine if your brand is registered it will be enforced faster or at least with a high % of success.

18. ProblemOd

ProblemOd Bronze Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,642
    Curious if you ever ran out of stock on a certain item that only you sold, meaning the listing went inactive, and how did it affect your sales rank when you finally restocked?

I've seen a best seller run out of stock and i know your listing drops in ranking, but right after restocking, it was back up at #1 (not sure how long it took but i'm sure it wasn't long). So does this mean you don't have to fight your way back up to the top again if you run out of inventory?

19. Denim Chicken

Rep Bank:
    $1,300
    I remember reading in one of biophase's threads he did run out for a bit and his sales rank dropped a little but came back once sales started.

20. amp0193

amp0193 Gold Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $18,396
    This has been my experience as well.

Or sometimes it comes back exactly in the same place from the get go.