The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ashton Kutcher Gives Life Advice at Teen Choice Awards

Anything related to matters of the mind

FreeMan

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Nov 26, 2012
NSW, Australia
Interesting platform for his speech. Hopefully it will inspire some teens to take his advice.

Ashton Kutcher gives life advice at Teen Choice Awards - CBS News

Some quotes:

• "I believe that opportunity looks a lot like work,"
  • "I never had a job in my life that I was better than. I was always just lucky to have a job. Every job I had was a stepping stone to my next job and I never quit my job before I had my next job."
  • "The sexiest thing in the entire world is being really smart. And being thoughtful and being generous. Everything else is crap. I promise you. It's just crap that people try to sell to you to make you feel like less. So don't buy it. Be smart. Be thoughtful and be generous."
  • "Everything around us that we call life was made up of people that are no smarter than you. And you can build your own things and you can build your own life that other people can live in. So build a life, don't live one, find your opportunities and always be sexy."

Here's the video. You can skip intro to 1:40.
[video=youtube_share;2fepUlDbx5Y]http://youtu.be/2fepUlDbx5Y[/video]

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
He just played Steve Jobs in a movie so it's somewhat of a spinoff of his commencement speech.

Nonetheless, it's great advice.

Unfortunately, the self-entitled brats in the audience probably don't get it -- when he said "opportunity is hard work" (and all the crappy jobs he had to do) all you hear is crickets.

Boyd

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Apr 2, 2011
Florida
I think the video was removed from Youtube,

The one provided by FreeMan seems to have been removed. If you go to YouTube and search for "Ashton Kutcher Kids Choice 2013" you should be able to find a few while they're still available.

Michael Raphael

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jul 22, 2013
New York & Florida
Damn that is definitely something inspirational I never thought would be on a nickelodeon network, yet alone a choice award that regards Justin Beiber and Taylor Swift as the best celebrity/singers and the Twilight movie with best acting or what ever they are into today...

GreenBricks

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Aug 4, 2013
Atlanta, GA
I think it's great that he set his speech up like that. More kids should be told that their potential is limitless. Props to Ashton Kutcher

Breaking Free

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Aug 4, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I now have a bit of respect for Ashton Kutcher. Didn't think that would happen. But that's some good stuff, hopefully because he has influence over youth that they listen to him.

Last edited:

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Great that he said this.

Just came to post it here. Glad to see it's here already.

-Russ H.

Will B. Rich

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Jun 25, 2013
Upstate NY
I think he did something similar a few years back warning about the dangers of credit card debt too.

Pretty refreshing remarks from the usual award ceremony speeches!

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
Only way it could have been better is if he snapped told the screaming girls to shut up and not screech the entire time

I too saw the parallels to Steve Jobs Stanford Commencement in his speech, when he said "three things" thats when it really hit me

Boyd

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Apr 2, 2011
Florida
Wow. I just finished watching his speech it was incredible. Thanks for sharing.

I also believe that he was somehow channeling Steve Jobs but that's not meant to take anything away from Ashton. I give him major respect for saying what he said. Sadly, I also believe that his words were falling on deaf ears. Most of the cheers from the crowd were for the "sexy" comments.

My favorite part was definitely his closing remarks:

"Everything around us that we call 'life' was made up by people that are no smarter than you. And you can build your own thing; you can build your own life that other people can live in. So build a life. Don't live one, build one. Find your opportunities and always be sexy."

Mexidan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Mar 28, 2012
EDIT - Ups, missed that MJ basically said the same thing already.. can be deleted.

goodfella

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Apr 4, 2013
Already saw the Steve Jobs documentary he pretty much said the exact same thing but I doubt the lg's got the message since they were probably too busy screaming

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.