The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Ashton Kutcher Gives Life Advice at Teen Choice Awards

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

FreeMan

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Nov 26, 2012
NSW, Australia
Interesting platform for his speech. Hopefully it will inspire some teens to take his advice.

Ashton Kutcher gives life advice at Teen Choice Awards - CBS News

Some quotes:

• "I believe that opportunity looks a lot like work,"
  • "I never had a job in my life that I was better than. I was always just lucky to have a job. Every job I had was a stepping stone to my next job and I never quit my job before I had my next job."
  • "The sexiest thing in the entire world is being really smart. And being thoughtful and being generous. Everything else is crap. I promise you. It's just crap that people try to sell to you to make you feel like less. So don't buy it. Be smart. Be thoughtful and be generous."
  • "Everything around us that we call life was made up of people that are no smarter than you. And you can build your own things and you can build your own life that other people can live in. So build a life, don't live one, find your opportunities and always be sexy."

Here's the video. You can skip intro to 1:40.
[video=youtube_share;2fepUlDbx5Y]http://youtu.be/2fepUlDbx5Y[/video]

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Michael Raphael

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 22, 2013
New York & Florida
Damn that is definitely something inspirational I never thought would be on a nickelodeon network, yet alone a choice award that regards Justin Beiber and Taylor Swift as the best celebrity/singers and the Twilight movie with best acting or what ever they are into today...

Breaking Free

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 4, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I now have a bit of respect for Ashton Kutcher. Didn't think that would happen. But that's some good stuff, hopefully because he has influence over youth that they listen to him.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
He just played Steve Jobs in a movie so it's somewhat of a spinoff of his commencement speech.

Nonetheless, it's great advice.

Unfortunately, the self-entitled brats in the audience probably don't get it -- when he said "opportunity is hard work" (and all the crappy jobs he had to do) all you hear is crickets.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Great that he said this.

Just came to post it here. Glad to see it's here already.

-Russ H.

Will B. Rich

New Contributor
Jun 25, 2013
Upstate NY
I think he did something similar a few years back warning about the dangers of credit card debt too.

Pretty refreshing remarks from the usual award ceremony speeches!

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
Only way it could have been better is if he snapped told the screaming girls to shut up and not screech the entire time

I too saw the parallels to Steve Jobs Stanford Commencement in his speech, when he said "three things" thats when it really hit me

Boyd

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Apr 2, 2011
Florida
Wow. I just finished watching his speech it was incredible. Thanks for sharing.

I also believe that he was somehow channeling Steve Jobs but that's not meant to take anything away from Ashton. I give him major respect for saying what he said. Sadly, I also believe that his words were falling on deaf ears. Most of the cheers from the crowd were for the "sexy" comments.

My favorite part was definitely his closing remarks:

"Everything around us that we call 'life' was made up by people that are no smarter than you. And you can build your own thing; you can build your own life that other people can live in. So build a life. Don't live one, build one. Find your opportunities and always be sexy."

Boyd

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Apr 2, 2011
Florida
I think the video was removed from Youtube,

The one provided by FreeMan seems to have been removed. If you go to YouTube and search for "Ashton Kutcher Kids Choice 2013" you should be able to find a few while they're still available.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

goodfella

Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Already saw the Steve Jobs documentary he pretty much said the exact same thing but I doubt the lg's got the message since they were probably too busy screaming

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
I am going to test this for a month and see how it goes... If anyone wants to join using Crypto...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
If you are in IDEA mode, text "IDEA" to the above number. If you are in LAUNCH/START mode, text...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
I have a long weekend off work.. bought your "Start a Freelance Business: Take Back Your...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
If there’s one thread I see repeated over and over again on the forum, it goes like this: “I...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Thanks for clearing that up. What do you recommend for those who are still in the process of...

Forum Sponsor

Over 100 Fastlane Students
More Details...

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom