The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

As an Englishman this...

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
...will be brief.

Thank you.

Dan

Oh I see. I should write a bit more. So...

I am 45 years old and like many people wonder how this happened. All those ideas I will start tomorrow!

'Best laid plans of mice and men' as that Scottish chap once wrote.

The problem is that I have a sales job selling a product I like for a company I like and have no mortgage or debt and enough money to last me for quite some time.

So why is that a problem?

Comfort.

Nothing in my life or background has made me sit up and say 'I need to change this'

Until last week.

I was on the train from Waterloo to Reading and someone had left a book behind.

Unscripted .

Forget school, parents etc unwittingly sending you down a scripted path; my sales job is literally a script. I am not kidding. And I have spent 10 years saying those exact same words with no deviation.

So for the first time in all those years I asked myself the question 'What the devil am I doing?'

And here I am. I feel the need to finally do my own thing.

I Googled the author @MJ DeMarco and found this Forum. After a weekend of reading some of the threads and contributions by @Andy Black @SinisterLex @Fox @AllenCrawley and many others I figured out that this is the most pragmatic forum there is.

People get to the point.

I have no real Entrepreneurial bone in my body, I believe you are born this way but I can learn business skills and this Forum is chock full of sterling advice from people old and young, male and female across the world it seems.

John Ruskin wrote 'To know anything well involves a profound sensation of ignorance.'

I am happy to be ignorant and learn from you all.

Thank you once again.

Dan

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
Thank you guys.

The answer to all three of your points is Yes, Yes and Yes.

As this is an intro thread I will use another thread in the future to thrash out some ideas.

In the meantime I will chip in now and then on other peoples threads until I have done a lot of reading to make sure I do not ask previously asked questions.

Regards

Dan

Last edited:

Contrarian

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
583%
Nov 13, 2014
Jalisco, Mexico
...will be brief.

Thank you.

Dan

Oh I see. I should write a bit more. So...

I am 45 years old and like many people wonder how this happened. All those ideas I will start tomorrow!

'Best laid plans of mice and men' as that Scottish chap once wrote.

The problem is that I have a sales job selling a product I like for a company I like and have no mortgage or debt and enough money to last me for quite some time.

So why is that a problem?

Comfort.

Nothing in my life or background has made me sit up and say 'I need to change this'

Until last week.

I was on the train from Waterloo to Reading and someone had left a book behind.

Unscripted .

Forget school, parents etc unwittingly sending you down a scripted path; my sales job is literally a script. I am not kidding. And I have spent 10 years saying those exact same words with no deviation.

So for the first time in all those years I asked myself the question 'What the devil am I doing?'

And here I am. I feel the need to finally do my own thing.

I Googled the author @MJ DeMarco and found this Forum. After a weekend of reading some of the threads and contributions by @Andy Black @SinisterLex @Fox @AllenCrawley and many others I figured out that this is the most pragmatic forum there is.

People get to the point.

I have no real Entrepreneurial bone in my body, I believe you are born this way but I can learn business skills and this Forum is chock full of sterling advice from people old and young, male and female across the world it seems.

John Ruskin wrote 'To know anything well involves a profound sensation of ignorance.'

I am happy to be ignorant and learn from you all.

Thank you once again.

Dan

From one English salesman to another, welcome!

That's a pretty awesome find. I wonder if a mysterious stranger will pop in this thread later and ask for their book back. :D

Have you considered that you could instead be selling your product that you like for your company that you like?

p0stscript

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Feb 7, 2018
UK
@Stargazer
From one English salesman to another, welcome!
Seconded.
You do realise now you've read UNSCRIPTED life will never be the same,
you'll start seeing opportunities and begin offering solutions.
Enjoy your journey along the fastlane

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Welcome, from yet another Englishman.

Bet you have more entrepreneurial bones in your body than you think.

It’s also a lot easier to start than most think. You’ll notice this is a common theme in threads in here...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RobD88

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Nov 20, 2017
Missouri
Welcome from a 47 year old yank who wishes he had a really cool English accent. Fortune smiled upon you my friend. Finding a copy of Unscripted is gold. You will never look at things the same way after reading it.

Do you have entrepreneurial aspirations now? You're definitely reading posts from the right people. I hope you get inspired and do great things. Cheers!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...