The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Are your parents, friends & loved ones ok with you becoming yourself?

yana nova

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Aug 6, 2015
Hey all :)

I'm Yana Nova, born in Bulgaria and 23 yrs old.

I was a ballet dancer for 10 years. When my personal trainers decided that I am good enough to make it my career, my parents thought that I should pursue their dream of me becoming a physician. So if you're raised by "true patriots", who never were outside their own country and never saw or heard something beside their stereotyped jobs and way of living life, you better not listen to them and start becoming an independent person! :)

About four years ago I moved to Germany alone (for moving to Germany- alone- 4 years ago- I am so grateful) to study medicine, barely speaking German or English and with zero experience abroad and with foreigners. I knew nobody, had no friends at the new place and in Bulgaria none of my friends wanted to talk to me anymore because for some I wasn't a patriot, for others I was too different and weird.. :D

Few weeks after I enrolled, I started suffering from different diseases, which made me slower with my studies.

My parents (who still never went outside Bulgaria) didn't believe me for two years that I couldn't attend all the lectures because I couldn't get up from my bed at some point.

Hence we skyped everyday, five to seven times a day so that they can check if I'm learning on schedule, eating on schedule, sleeping on schedule, if I am alone in my room, what I eat, what I'm gonna do that evening, who my friends are etc. I also had to take photos of the places I went to each time, as proof when I wasn't home. And of course there was never a moment when I was allowed to miss their calls.

When my health condition got worse and I couldn't move by myself, a few of my colleagues and their friends brought me to the university and back home everyday because I couldn't miss the classes and fail at anatomy.

That way I met my boyfriend, who is a "Fastlaner". At the beginning I was sceptical that other professions than medicine can bring you income and "safety". Back then I was very closed-minded, insecure and afraid to learn that there are so many things you can do with your life.

The moment I got unsure about my own life and future came with my first surgery. My mother is a physician and she didn't want me to go to the hospital, because she tought "I was okay", but I went at the end without telling my parents. So this was the moment when I thought to myself "Why can't she see that I need help?" And this was the moment when I saw my parents from a different angle. Even as a physician hers, my fathers' and brothers' health, physique and look were very very very poor. I didn't want to have any health issues and I didn't want to become like my parents.

So I started working on myself towards gaining independence.

I started listen to my boyfriend what he was telling me about entrepreneurship, money and wealth, paleo, weightlifting, meditation, reading, mastering your skills... At the end of the second year I quit medicine and started working in a call centre so that I can practice my German and finally have my own money (till that time my parents didn't allow me to work and they had all the power over me because they financed me). The other health issues I had to deal with disappeared :) I started eating and exercising the way I did before I got to Germany. (The food and the eating culture in poor countries is way better than in the richer ones.) I changed my surroundings and began to value knowledge over money and make time my ally.

In 2014 I decided to experiment with different approaches to make money on- and offline.

So I moved to Ireland 1 month ago to work a 9-5 job to save more money (in Germany the high taxes and insurance fees eat your money).

My goals in the next four weeks are:

1. To change my job and work in a gym. I hate working for bosses, (although at the moment that's the only way for me to get "secure cash") but what I hate the most is ruining my health in those offices with artificial lights and no windows, where you have to sit all day long in an uncomfortable chair and listen to the stupid conversations and complaints of your tired-from-life-colleagues.
2. To save money and pay off the debt I have. I will never ever take a loan again! As Warren Buffett once said: "If you buy things you do not need, soon you will have to sell things you need."
3. To stick to my diet and exercise routine for longer than a month. :) Have you ever heared of Dan Peña? His videos are my mantra at the moment :D He's 70 and exercises regularly despite his busy daily schedule.
4. To take the first step into online marketing & e-commerce business. A simple online shop for my simple but elegant handcrafted necklaces, which are inspired by a german designer.

I have to say I am very thankful for what happened in my life because thanks to all of that I am where I want to be, I am the person that I want to be and I am doing what I want to do.

So that being said, if you struggle with similar problems or if you don't know how to deal with their outcomes, ask for my help, I am more than happy to help someone else overcoming such issues! :)

Usually the reason behind the missunderstanding between parents and their kids or between friends is in their own upbringing as children or just communication problems.

Feel free to ask me all kinds of questions you need answers to!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Bila

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Dec 2, 2014
Ontario Canada
Hello Yana and welcome to the forum, always nice to see more women joining the forum.
I am glad to hear that you are doing fine health wise.

There are a lot of resources in the forum for e-commerce. Maybe start reading some gold threads and articles ?

I dont want to sound patronizing or anything, but i wish somebody gave me that advice when i joined another forum 2 years ago : dont share too much infos with strangers. Common sense i know, but some people are good at manipulating. And yes, i was naive and stupid :) Anyway, i made a mistake and shared my skype with a creep . You dont want the same experience trust me :)

The Irish Guy

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
251%
Aug 1, 2015
Hey all
C:\Users\maimunka\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.png
:)

I'm Yana Nova, born in Bulgaria and 23 yrs old.

I was a ballet dancer for 10 years. When my personal trainers decided that I am good enough to make it my career, my parents thought that I should pursue their dream of me becoming a physician. So if you're raised by "true patriots", who never were outside their own country and never saw or heard something beside their stereotyped jobs and way of living life, you better not listen to them and start becoming an independent person! :)

About four years ago I moved to Germany alone (for moving to Germany- alone- 4 years ago- I am so grateful) to study medicine, barely speaking German or English and with zero experience abroad and with foreigners. I knew nobody, had no friends at the new place and in Bulgaria none of my friends wanted to talk to me anymore because for some I wasn't a patriot, for others I was too different and weird.. :D

Few weeks after I enrolled, I started suffering from different diseases, which made me slower with my studies.

My parents (who still never went outside Bulgaria) didn't believe me for two years that I couldn't attend all the lectures because I couldn't get up from my bed at some point.

Hence we skyped everyday, five to seven times a day so that they can check if I'm learning on schedule, eating on schedule, sleeping on schedule, if I am alone in my room, what I eat, what I'm gonna do that evening, who my friends are etc. I also had to take photos of the places I went to each time, as proof when I wasn't home. And of course there was never a moment when I was allowed to miss their calls.

When my health condition got worse and I couldn't move by myself, a few of my colleagues and their friends brought me to the university and back home everyday because I couldn't miss the classes and fail at anatomy.

That way I met my boyfriend, who is a "Fastlaner". At the beginning I was sceptical that other professions than medicine can bring you income and "safety". Back then I was very closed-minded, insecure and afraid to learn that there are so many things you can do with your life.

The moment I got unsure about my own life and future came with my first surgery. My mother is a physician and she didn't want me to go to the hospital, because she tought "I was okay", but I went at the end without telling my parents. So this was the moment when I thought to myself "Why can't she see that I need help?" And this was the moment when I saw my parents from a different angle. Even as a physician hers, my fathers' and brothers' health, physique and look were very very very poor. I didn't want to have any health issues and I didn't want to become like my parents.

So I started working on myself towards gaining independence.

I started listen to my boyfriend what he was telling me about entrepreneurship, money and wealth, paleo, weightlifting, meditation, reading, mastering your skills... At the end of the second year I quit medicine and started working in a call centre so that I can practice my German and finally have my own money (till that time my parents didn't allow me to work and they had all the power over me because they financed me). The other health issues I had to deal with disappeared :) I started eating and exercising the way I did before I got to Germany. (The food and the eating culture in poor countries is way better than in the richer ones.) I changed my surroundings and began to value time over money.

In 2014 I decided to experiment with different approaches to make money on- and offline.

So I moved to Ireland 1 month ago to work a 9-5 job to save more money (in Germany the high taxes and insurance fees eat your money).

My goals in the next four weeks are:

1. To change my job and work in a gym. I hate working for bosses, (although at the moment that's the only way for me to get "secure cash") but what I hate the most is ruining my health in those offices with artificial lights and no windows, where you have to sit all day long in an uncomfortable chair and listen to the stupid conversations and complaints of your tired-from-life-colleagues.
2. To save money and pay off the debt I have. I will never ever take a loan again! As Warren Buffett once said: "If you buy things you do not need, soon you will have to sell things you need."
3. To stick to my diet and exercise routine for longer than a month. :) Have you ever heared of Dan Peña? His videos are my mantra at the moment :D He's 70 and exercises regularly despite his busy daily schedule.
4. To take the first step into online marketing & e-commerce business. A simple online shop for my simple but elegant handcrafted necklaces, which are inspired by a german designer.

I have to say I am very thankful for what happened in my life because thanks to all of that I am where I want to be, I am the person that I want to be and I am doing what I want to do.

So that being said, if you struggle with similar problems or if you don't know how to deal with their outcomes, ask for my help, I am more than happy to help someone else overcoming such issues! :)

Usually the reason behind the missunderstanding between parents and their kids or between friends is in their own upbringing as children or just communication problems.

Feel free to ask me all kinds of questions you need answers to!

Wow what a small world, I own a few gyms in Dublin, I'm sure I'd be able to help you, are you a qualified gym instructor? I hate to say it but a move to Ireland might have been a mistake, with only 4 million people in the whole country it makes it harder to pick a fastlane business, you must achieve magnitude because scale is very limited. I have started a new business in the United states because of the potential to scale but because I still live in Ireland it's a lot harder to overcome any obstacles (of which I've had my fair share...)

Last edited:

yana nova

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Aug 6, 2015
Wow what a small world, I own a few gyms in Dublin and have sold gym equipment to nearly every gym in the country! I'm sure I'd be able to help you, are you a qualified gym instructor? I hate to say it but a move to Ireland might have been a mistake, with only 4 million people in the whole country it makes it harder to pick a fastlane business, you must achieve magnitude because scale is very limited. I have started a new business in the United states because of the potential to scale but because I still live in Ireland it's a lot harder to overcome any obstacles (of which I've had my fair share...)
Thank you for your reply!
I have no qualifications yet, but I will enroll in a course in the next two months for my first certificate.
You're right about fastlane business in Ireland. That's why I want to open an online store withing the European market at first, if it starts well I will expand it. I also reconsider Dropshipping.
Is your business in the US online?

yana nova

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Aug 6, 2015
Hello Yana and welcome to the forum, always nice to see more women joining the forum.
I am glad to hear that you are doing fine health wise.

There are a lot of resources in the forum for e-commerce. Maybe start reading some gold threads and articles ?

I dont want to sound patronizing or anything, but i wish somebody gave me that advice when i joined another forum 2 years ago : dont share too much infos with strangers. Common sense i know, but some people are good at manipulating. And yes, i was naive and stupid :) Anyway, i made a mistake and shared my skype with a creep . You dont want the same experience trust me :)
Thank you Bila for your honest reply. I will pay more attention to my anonymity.
I am a true fan of this forum since 2014 :) a gold mine for everyone.
Let me ask you something, what happened with your journey last month wishing to go back to a 9 to 5 life?
Did you manage the "minions"? :)

juturna

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Aug 3, 2015
Well, in terms defining oneself it could be for the best or for the worst depending on what aspect it is you're coming from/looking at.

The Irish Guy

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
251%
Aug 1, 2015
Thank you for your reply!
I have no qualifications yet, but I will enroll in a course in the next two months for my first certificate.
You're right about fastlane business in Ireland. That's why I want to open an online store withing the European market at first, if it starts well I will expand it. I also reconsider Dropshipping.
Is your business in the US online?

Hi, a friend of mine owns the best training academy in Dublin, he's actually a fastlane lurker aswell so maybe he'll do you a discount considering you seem to have had a hard time.

Last edited:

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
Ah, a fellow med-school dropout! You sound like you got balls - that's the most important thing.
I hope your health is better now. Best of luck to you.

My big gym is in Greystones so it's a little far away, I also have a boxing/weightlifting gym in the city centre but it's not really the type of place that has many staff. I sell gym equipment in Ireland and saw the popularity of doorway pullup bars, the three big bodyweight exercises are pullups, dips and rows so I decided to try and modify the basic pullup bar to allow for the other two exercises. I've just got a patent approved and got set up in fulfillment warehouses on each coast so this fall I'm really going to push sales and make it happen, I really believe I can make this explode :)
Woah, that looks like an awesome machine. Is it for sale in Europe?

yana nova

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Aug 6, 2015
Well, in terms defining oneself it could be for the best or for the worst depending on what aspect it is you're coming from/looking at.
You said that very well and I agree!

yana nova

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Aug 6, 2015
Hi, a friend of mine owns the best training academy in Dublin, he's actually a fastlane lurker aswell so maybe he'll do you a discount considering you seem to have had a hard time. Sean McGarrity is his name, Elite Performance Academy in Blackrock is the business, don't take my word for it, check it out online, people who have used him and others in the city always seem to rave about Sean.

My big gym is called Go Gym but it's in Greystones so it's a little far away, I also have a boxing/weightlifting gym in the city centre but it's not really the type of place that has many staff, my business in the US is www.shamrockgym.com, as I said I sell gym equipment in Ireland and saw the popularity of doorway pullup bars, the three big bodyweight exercises are pullups, dips and rows so I decided to try and modify the basic pullup bar to allow for the other two exercises. I've just got a patent approved and got set up in fulfillment warehouses on each coast so this fall I'm really going to push sales and make it happen, I really believe I can make this explode :)
I love it, great idea! I wish you lots of orders :) and I hope I can contribute to sales too!!
Keep us on track, make a new threat if you want as this is going to be interesting!
I chose already the course I want to attend in Elite Performance Academy, I like the people there and the fees! Could I contact Sean over the web page?
About the gym in Greystones- the distance isn't a problem for me at all! My passion to work as a trainer is greater than travelling 35min!
Cheers :)

yana nova

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Aug 6, 2015
Ah, a fellow med-school dropout! You sound like you got balls - that's the most important thing.

Thank you for your message! :) Indeed most of my med-school colleagues still don't know why they're studying at all, even after the fourth year, which is scary :D So be very picky when you have to go to a doctor ;)

yana nova

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Aug 6, 2015
Welcome to the forum and welcome to Ireland!
That's so kind of you, thank you!! :)

At your age I wish you all the best! Gain as much valuable insight in this forum as you can :)

The Irish Guy

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
251%
Aug 1, 2015

Thanks Digamma, I just have stock in the Uk and Ireland for now, will start selling in the rest of europe early next year. Where are you based?

The Irish Guy

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
251%
Aug 1, 2015
I love it, great idea! I wish you lots of orders :) and I hope I can contribute to sales too!!
Keep us on track, make a new threat if you want as this is going to be interesting!
I chose already the course I want to attend in Elite Performance Academy, I like the people there and the fees! Could I contact Sean over the web page?
About the gym in Greystones- the distance isn't a problem for me at all! My passion to work as a trainer is greater than travelling 35min!
Cheers :)

I will PM you Sean's number, it looks like there are a few Irish on the board, we should have a little meet up one day for some coffee and a chat. I noticed @Andy Black is in Ireland aswell, are you in Dublin? How about you @JordanK ?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I will PM you Sean's number, it looks like there are a few Irish on the board, we should have a little meet up one day for some coffee and a chat. I noticed @Andy Black is in Ireland aswell, are you in Dublin? How about you @JordanK ?
Hi,

I live in Naas, County Kildare, and am in Dublin Mon-Thu typically on client sites. Mon off Grafton St, and Tue-Thu on Burlington Road.

Happy to meetup any lunchtime for a coffee, or some evening if we can arrange something.

Is there an Ireland meetup thread? If there isn't, does someone want to create one and tag us all?

Andy

EDIT: Ooops, where's my manners? Welcome to the forum @yana nova

The Irish Guy

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
251%
Aug 1, 2015
Last edited by a moderator:

yana nova

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Aug 6, 2015
Count me in :) ! I hope @Vigilante will reopen my first thread soon.

yana nova

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Aug 6, 2015
Hi,

I live in Naas, County Kildare, and am in Dublin Mon-Thu typically on client sites. Mon off Grafton St, and Tue-Thu on Burlington Road.

Happy to meetup any lunchtime for a coffee, or some evening if we can arrange something.

Is there an Ireland meetup thread? If there isn't, does someone want to create one and tag us all?

Andy

EDIT: Ooops, where's my manners? Welcome to the forum @yana nova
Thank you Andy :) :)
It will be nice to me you all!
Thank you for your replies!

yana nova

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Aug 6, 2015
I'm just joking, the word "vigilante" literally means a law unto themselves...
I meant from Batman to Dexter vigilantes receive Hollywood glam and approval and that's a good thing :D

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
I'm living near Galway! Unfortunately I don't go up to Dublin very often so I won't be available for a meetup. It's nice to see so many Irish on here though!

yana nova

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Aug 6, 2015
I'm living near Galway! Unfortunately I don't go up to Dublin very often so I won't be available for a meetup. It's nice to see so many Irish on here though!
We didn't schedule the meetup yet. I hope you can make it though!

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Great story so far, you seem like a go-getter :).

yana nova

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Aug 6, 2015
Great story so far, you seem like a go-getter :).
I don't want someone else to get me in his plan... So I'll do everything to realize my own plan and have an independent life, where I'm the boss.
I don't know what you're doing right now, but when you have time :) -

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.