The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Are you too old to found a startup? NO, you AREN'T!

Cruze

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 6, 2016
I see often thread´s like "Am I to old for this one or this one?" and the simple answer is: you AREN'T too old for something, NEVER!

You dont´t trust me? You can, let´s see this infographic:

[GALLERY=media, 158]Never-to-late by Cruze posted May 11, 2018 at 11:47 AM[/GALLERY]

Looking at the biographies of top 100 founders on the Forbes List shows that 35 is the most common age to start one of the top companies in the world.

Credits: Too Late To Start? Life Crisis and Late Bloomers - Infographic

More examples needed?

Charles Ranlett Flint launched IBM at 61
Robert Noyce co-founded Intel at 41
Bill Porter started E*Trade at 54

So, dont think to much about your unimportant age and more about your important ideas and most important: your execution!!

Greez Cruze

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I see often thread´s like "Am I to old for this one or this one?" and the simple answer is: you AREN'T too old for something, NEVER!

You dont´t trust me? You can, let´s see this infographic:

[GALLERY=media, 158]Never-to-late by Cruze posted May 11, 2018 at 11:47 AM[/GALLERY]

Looking at the biographies of top 100 founders on the Forbes List shows that 35 is the most common age to start one of the top companies in the world.

Credits: Too Late To Start? Life Crisis and Late Bloomers - Infographic

More examples needed?

Charles Ranlett Flint launched IBM at 61
Robert Noyce co-founded Intel at 41
Bill Porter started E*Trade at 54

So, dont think to much about your unimportant age and more about your important ideas and most important: your execution!!

Greez Cruze

I believe you. Seems the older you are, the more experience you have, you take things more seriously, you're more driven to succeed, you have a better idea of where you want to go in life. You have wisdom, knowledge, and insight.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I believe you. Seems the older you are, the more experience you have, you take things more seriously, you're more driven to succeed, you have a better idea of where you want to go in life. You have wisdom, knowledge, and insight.
On a slight derail (and toeing the political redline), here's what happened to my country recently:

Malaysian PM sworn in after shock win

From Churchill to Mahathir - political second acts

Sparknotes version:
- ex-Prime Minister of my country, Malaysia, Tun Dr Mahathir (yes, we used to have a DOCTOR as a leader) who was instrumental in developing the country, goes back to politics after growing public discontentment of the current government
- Gets re-elected despite being 90+ YEARS OLD and allegations of electoral fraud to hamper his progress

So yes, @Mattie, I can vouch for that.

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
It doesn't matter. Youth has time and age has experience.

I am friends with a 70+ entrepreneur and he could start a new business and take it to millions before I could walk back to my truck...

CPisHere

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Sep 17, 2011
Louisiana
It isn't popular and doesn't make you feel good, but the older you get the less capable you become of developing new skills, the more rooted you are in your comfortable life, the higher your obligations/standards for minimum income, the less time & ability you have for a steep learning curve, the lower your risk tolerance, the higher the costs of failure, etc etc.

As an Individual, if you want it bad enough - you can overcome all of this. But as a broad generalization, it's best to get started YOUNG.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.