• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

GOLD! Are You Driving a Fastlane ... or Riding It?

Discussion in 'General Mindset, Motivation, Beliefs' started by MJ DeMarco, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Mattie

Mattie Platinum Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $27,467
    hmm...my mind has been in the fast lane for the last year. Driving a Jaguar. The process the process. I make lots of progress. My bf laughs at my a$$ because I study all day on different topics, write on my novel, learning to build a website that probably sucks at the moment, because I don't know what the hell I'm doing, and counseling online. Listen to audio books at night until I fall asleep about leadership, and even your nice voice on you tube. lol I've been doing this wild style for the last four years. The last year has been the best because I moved to the Netherlands and got rid of all the negatives. So I found you to get me there even faster. Action! Action! Action! Umm...It's time to turn this into money...I'm a one woman army! The only support I have is this forum. lol But I have to say my consciousness is shifting and I've only been on here for a few days. I hate when that brain gets stuck between gears going lord...how messed up is this dam world. The b.s. The b.s. Then I get mad for a moment. Then focus! focus! focus! The process! I want the Jaguar now! lol Like yesterday. Like five minutes ago.

2. chipmx

chipmx Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $241
    I use to start bussiness like that, until I read some interesting stuff like this " The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don't Work and What to Do About It"

3. NerdAtCoolTable

NerdAtCoolTable New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $95
    Guess I need to find a way to sell without ebay.

Feel sick to my stomach when I see the fee invoice

sWALK90 likes this.
  4. MotiveInMotion

MotiveInMotion Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $875
    Awesome post here MJ; I've been thinking about control a lot lately!

I understand that you should really control everything in your business, the website, the customers, the list, the marketing etc.

That said, I would love to know where it would end?

If you're selling physical products, you'll need a supplier and freight, should you control the factories? You'll need marketing through big channels like Google / FB, even old school cold-calling, how could you control every aspect?

I'm just wondering how far up the chain it goes, and obviously it depends on the business model and niche of course.

Thanks for the insight

5. welshmin

welshmin Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,225
    F'in A man. Never rely on one source of income, or one that can be taken away.

This helps solidify my long-term plan - licensing to raise funds then manufacturing and selling the products myself.

It's one thing to sell an idea and collect a royalty check, it's another to manufacture and sell from start to finish. Not sure if there's any tighter form of control than that.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  6. Lori MacDougall

Lori MacDougall New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $32
    I love being able to read the bits from the book from before you wrote it. I notice some have changed very slightly but for the better. Thank you for sharing this.

SMH and MJ DeMarco like this.
  7. Holdy

Holdy New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $22
    Wow.

Thanks, MJ... This post hit me right between the eyes. Game and Life Changer!

So true and obvious at times, but amazing how a person can let himself slip back into that comfort zone "safety" coma for such long periods. Makes a guy feel ashamed

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.