The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Are we getting fooled by GOOGLE?

Marketing, social media, advertising

andrewthomas

New Contributor
Jan 15, 2018
United States
Are we really getting fooled by google? Even though we're ranking at first position and keywords has good search volume, Why we still don't get traffic?

According to a survey by chitika, the website ranking 1st gets 33% of traffic followed by 2nd with 18% of traffic and 3rd gets 12% but as per today's result pages the first 4 position used to be occupied by Google Ads and the website ranking 1st SEO actually ranks at 5th position which means he's getting only 2.5% - 5% Off total keyword traffic.

share your opinions please and correct me if I'm wrong!
#search engine optimization #fooled #google

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PippoW

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Dec 22, 2016
Hi,
I run at the moment 5 websites and rank on the first positions.And I have actually more than 5% CTR (websites are for germany).
People watch the first positions,but they scroll often down to the organic search.
Yes the CTR is lower with lots of adwords.But the people are scrolling for organic results,because the adword positions are often not the results they are looking for.

My bigger fear is,that google release a new update and all my websites loosing their serp...

Hope I could help you

shubham525

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jul 16, 2015
India
For high ranking keywords , I often see 3-4 ads at top and 1-2 ads at bottom. The headings of Ads can change accordingly the keyword user search for. But the people do tend to avoid ads and scroll down to organic results.

• Banned

andrewthomas

New Contributor
Jan 15, 2018
United States
Hi,
I run at the moment 5 websites and rank on the first positions.And I have actually more than 5% CTR (websites are for germany).
People watch the first positions,but they scroll often down to the organic search.
Yes the CTR is lower with lots of adwords.But the people are scrolling for organic results,because the adword positions are often not the results they are looking for.

My bigger fear is,that google release a new update and all my websites loosing their serp...

Hope I could help you
Thanks

ruzara5

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
May 1, 2011
Currently in Washington State
your opinions please and correct me if I'm wrong!
Post is moving in a direction. For search engines the website that is in the top 10 searches on the first page. These get most of the traffic. It is generally been that way for awhile. That is why should seek to rank with variety of outlets when promoting a product or service with CENTS in mind and value and input from real customer response and input. This can overcome any search engine algorithms and with marginal skill other digital obstacle courses of the present and future. Cheers.

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016
It is next to impossible for a 1st SERP ranking website on a high volume search term to not generate any impressions at all unless the website is down, or some other issue on your end.

Do you have Google Analytics or some sort of heatmap installed? If you aren't tracking these things you would have no idea whether you are getting traffics or not. Don't rely on conversion/sales count, as that is dependant on many other factors other than # of site visitors.

• Banned

andrewthomas

New Contributor
Jan 15, 2018
United States
It is next to impossible for a 1st SERP ranking website on a high volume search term to not generate any impressions at all unless the website is down, or some other issue on your end.

Do you have Google Analytics or some sort of heatmap installed? If you aren't tracking these things you would have no idea whether you are getting traffics or not. Don't rely on conversion/sales count, as that is dependant on many other factors other than # of site visitors.
thanks

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.