The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Are these niches profitable for a web designer?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
If you don't know your niche, don't choose one. No one can tell you the best niche for you.

You are worried about the "most" profitable. But that is stopping you from being "first profitable".

Go out and sell your web design service to anyone who will listen. Get one customer. Then get another. And another.

In time you'll find a niche that works for you.

Ayo Deji

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Jan 25, 2019
If you don't know your niche, don't choose one. No one can tell you the best niche for you.

You are worried about the "most" profitable. But that is stopping you from being "first profitable".

Go out and sell your web design service to anyone who will listen. Get one customer. Then get another. And another.

In time you'll find a niche that works for you.
Thanks @BizyDad . I appreciate.

Ayo Deji

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Jan 25, 2019
I am a newbie in digital marketing (4 years+) doing all sorts of works. But now ready to niche down both by service and industry.

By service, I chose web designing with WordPress (expertise here) as a focus.

By industry, I am terrified - don't know what to do.

Recently, the choices on my mind have been the coaching industry, personal branding, or small businesses.

But then, below are data gotten from each industry.

For coaches -They hardly use their website (It's shown even in the date at their website footer).

For personal branding - Felt it's too broad and so will make me a generalist and then priced low.

For small businesses - Afraid they don't have the money to pay, especially the recurring fees that come with web designing.

Please, what's your opinion? And what other suggestions will you give to one just starting out?

Note: I don't mind using three months to learning about any industry, so I become an expert in it - provided the industry is profitable.

Thank you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
I don't see why you need 3 years to learn about an industry. When I've marketed to niches, I just send 1-2 messages (through some medium) to people in that niche. Some don't respond. Others do. I pursue the ones that do. Usually it's because you understand the needs of the ones that respond. This is not specific to web design, and I don't sell web design services (though I did, for a short time, years ago), but it is basic to marketing.

Ayo Deji

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Jan 25, 2019
I don't see why you need 3 years to learn about an industry. When I've marketed to niches, I just send 1-2 messages (through some medium) to people in that niche. Some don't respond. Others do. I pursue the ones that do. Usually it's because you understand the needs of the ones that respond. This is not specific to web design, and I don't sell web design services (though I did, for a short time, years ago), but it is basic to marketing.
Thanks @Rabby
The issue now is I don't which is most profitable among the above-mentioned niches.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Oh, I misread your post too. You said 3 months, and I thought it was 3 years.

Anyway, you can test them for price resistance. I don't know what small businesses are like in your area, but they seem more likely to pay than coaches or "personal branding." Thing is, small business is more than a niche. There are millions of small businesses. You can niche down to only mortgage brokers, or you can try to cover all financial services, or you can try to cover all small businesses.

I tend to test people for interest. If they're interested and not price sensitive, I've found a good niche, or at least a suspected good niche. Can you find people in any of these niches to talk to? Can you send anyone in these niches a message asking them if they're interested? Can you make a small improvement to the site of someone in a niche for a small fee to see if they pull out the credit card?

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
How are you going to become an expert in an industry within 3 months, when you are still a newbie at digital marketing after 4 years? You should chose whichever one you are able to provide the most value in. You might also want to read The Millionaire Fastlane book.

Ayo Deji

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Jan 25, 2019
How are you going to become an expert in an industry within 3 months, when you are still a newbie at digital marketing after 4 years? You should chose whichever one you are able to provide the most value in. You might also want to read The Millionaire Fastlane book.
Thanks @loop101

Newbie in this sense means am a lifelong student.

I have read The Fastlane Millionaire and The Unscripted .

Your advice will be much appreciated.

Ayo Deji

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Jan 25, 2019
Oh, I misread your post too. You said 3 months, and I thought it was 3 years.

Anyway, you can test them for price resistance. I don't know what small businesses are like in your area, but they seem more likely to pay than coaches or "personal branding." Thing is, small business is more than a niche. There are millions of small businesses. You can niche down to only mortgage brokers, or you can try to cover all financial services, or you can try to cover all small businesses.

I tend to test people for interest. If they're interested and not price sensitive, I've found a good niche, or at least a suspected good niche. Can you find people in any of these niches to talk to? Can you send anyone in these niches a message asking them if they're interested? Can you make a small improvement to the site of someone in a niche for a small fee to see if they pull out the credit card?
Great reply @Rabby

Under small business, considering consulting agencies

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.