The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Are there rules against the topic of drugs on the forum?

juan917

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 27, 2015
Hello,

Would like to know if there is an anti-drug policy on the forums.

Thanks,
Juan

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
As long as it's a legal drug (at least in the state you create your business) it can be a good business IMO. But someone with the goal of living a life of freedom, probably wouldn't create a business selling something illegal and put himself at the risk of losing his freedom (going to jail).

juan917

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 27, 2015
As a disclaimer I am definitely NOT trying to sell drugs as a means to make money nor do I promote it.

I'm interested in a discussion about their psychological effects and trade-offs

For coffee, I only drink it when I'm tired. Doesn't seem to help too well though since there have been instances of me drinking a cup of coffee and then shortly falling asleep in my chair(barely slept the night before when this happened). I also have read studies that conclude coffee is great for mechanical tasks but don't help heavy brain power tasks and agree with it from experience.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
There isn't an explicit rule about such discussions although ultimately they will probably devolve into a sideshow debate about morals/ethics/legality/etc.

Also, there are several topics on nootropics/marijuana already here if you could search for them, assuming that's your drug topic.

If not, give your topic a go .... if the community doesn't like how it evolves, we can always lock it.

G

Guest34764

For coffee, I only drink it when I'm tired. Doesn't seem to help too well though since there have been instances of me drinking a cup of coffee and then shortly falling asleep in my chair(barely slept the night before when this happened). I also have read studies that conclude coffee is great for mechanical tasks but don't help heavy brain power tasks and agree with it from experience.

Try cocaine?It worked for Jordan Belfort! :woot:

EDIT:Sarcasm Incase no one got it.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Dwight Schrute

Ludicrous Speed
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Oct 27, 2014
where eagles dare
Same here.

You may want to try Mate de Coca, that's tea made from the leaves of the coca plant. (@Omega ;))

Coffee gives me nothing but a headache and massive diarrhea, while coca tea provides me with
a nice energetic buzz without the jitters & shitters.

G

Guest34764

Coffee gives me nothing but a headache and massive diarrhea, while coca tea provides me with
a nice energetic buzz without the jitters & shitters.

I usually drink coffee when school comes around.As I'm currently on break I cold turkey it (most days).

Some days like today I might drink a cup,makes me more talkative and awake.The jitters are what keep me up.

Prince Rain

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 29, 2012
If you haven't already you should try weed. I'm not a smoker of any kind cos I value my health too much although the occasional hit of a good joint does wonders if you know what I mean. Other than that I take coffee on a regular basis at night and had never consider it as drug. Works good for those late nights.

Mr.Donnerhuhn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Aug 2, 2015
As a disclaimer I am definitely NOT trying to sell drugs as a means to make money nor do I promote it.

I'm interested in a discussion about their psychological effects and trade-offs

Well, if you're sleep deprived, your brain is burning up precious glycogen that it needs for genuine energy & power.

http://www.jneurosci.org/content/22/13/5581.full.pdf

Yeah caffeine pushes your body into a low-grade fight or flight mode, it's a bit of a misnomer to call it "energy". That having been said, I love coffee and I drink that stuff daily lol. For anybody else out there who loves coffee, but hates the jitters & crash associated with it, I recommend adding an L-Theanine supplement somewhere in your morning. You get the same "energy" feeling of coffee, but it's a much smoother experience; and, subjectively I think adding the L-theanine adds a certain clear-headedness to the caffeine high.

http://jn.nutrition.org/content/138/8/1572S.long

Beyond that I think other stimulants (especially illegal ones) aren't really options because of the high cost & risk associated with both obtaining the drugs & with the negative effects of short and long term use.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Last edited:

Prince Rain

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 29, 2012
here's a good starting out guideline to make drugs your fastlane business

a timeless and classic foundation that can fit in today's and tomorrow's sophisticated street system
Not hating on your music video but there must be some kind of morality against this in this forum really. Condoning the sale of drugs? Common dude.

OVOvince

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Oct 18, 2014
Not hating on your music video but there must be some kind of morality against this in this forum really. Condoning the sale of drugs? Common dude.
stop_snitchin.gif

fB19z.gif

If you haven't already you should try weed. I'm not a smoker of any kind cos I value my health too much although the occasional hit of a good joint does wonders if you know what I mean. Other than that I take coffee on a regular basis at night and had never consider it as drug. Works good for those late nights.

Fv07nGR.gif

Mr.Donnerhuhn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Aug 2, 2015
So, any nerds out there wanna talk stacks?

I'm not a doctor. If you're going to take supplements to improve your brain, you should begin by USING YOUR BRAIN, and consulting with your trusted physician to talk it over first.

But, all I'm saying is:
  1. Clean Diet
  2. Exercise
  3. Meditation
  4. Vitamins/Minerals
  5. Probiotics/Digestive Enzymes
  6. Choline Bitartrate
  7. Piracetam
  8. Creatine monohydrate
  9. Caffeine (via coffee)
  10. L-Theanine

Last edited:

Dwight Schrute

Ludicrous Speed
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Oct 27, 2014
where eagles dare
  • Choline Bitartrate
  • Piracetam
+1 on those two. Low cost nootropic stack; subtle, yet effective.
Choline is needed for good brain function in general,
and piracetam is also a good preventive measurement against strokes.
  • Caffeine (via coffee)
  • L-Theanine
I'll try it the other way around, caffeine pills + L-Theanine via green tea.
Should work too :)

Prince Rain

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 29, 2012
Haha so you got me there seems preety lame guess I should have mentioned earlier. For me weed is more like a recreational drug, not cocaine or ecstasy. The point is we should be helping others and not trying to make a quick buck damaging people's lives. :)

So, any nerds out there wanna talk stacks?

I'm not a doctor. If you're going to take supplements to improve your brain, you should begin by USING YOUR BRAIN, and consulting with your trusted physician and talk it over first.

But, all I'm saying is:
  1. Clean Diet
  2. Exercise
  3. Meditation
  4. Vitamins/Minerals
  5. Probiotics/Digestive Enzymes
  6. Choline Bitartrate
  7. Piracetam
  8. Creatine monohydrate
  9. Caffeine (via coffee)
  10. L-Theanine

Nice one I'm studying to be a doctor and completely agree with this. Although I must say I find only the first two are of most importance actually. Meditation is a personal thing it may benefit you or not. The rest are optional to complement our health in modern society where we are exposed to many hazards which we won't be needing if everything is properly maintained in the first place.

Mr.Donnerhuhn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Aug 2, 2015
+1 on those two. Low cost nootropic stack; subtle, yet effective.
Choline is needed for good brain function in general,
and piracetam is also a good preventive measurement against strokes.

I'll try it the other way around, caffeine pills + L-Theanine via green tea.
Should work too :)

Yeah, for me specifically with the Choline I notice a significant boost in my general mood & motivation. I took an assessment test called the Braverman Test which indicated I may have a choline deficiency, and I've enjoyed what I've gotten out of it.

Link to the Braverman Test for those interested.

OVOvince

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Oct 18, 2014
Yeah, for me specifically with the Choline I notice a significant boost in my general mood & motivation. I took an assessment test called the Braverman Test which indicated I may have a choline deficiency, and I've enjoyed what I've gotten out of it.

Link to the Braverman Test for those interested.

No one is endorsing selling drugs. It's a joke.

Also, seems like you have good intentions but you don't have a clue. Meditation is beneficial for everyone. Navy seals use it as a base for mental toughness. New scientific research shows endless benefits in sight. Do your research before saying stuff, you can mislead people.

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
You want to talk about what's right and wrong when you have an obscene gesture in your avatar. You might as well just have a bold print "F*ck you" at the beginning of every post.

Shoot, one of the actual printed rules on the front page is 'Respect: Leave the barstool language at home'.

Don't try to be the morality police when you yourself are doing "wrong".

Prince Rain

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 29, 2012
You want to talk about what's right and wrong when you have an obscene gesture in your avatar. You might as well just have a bold print "F*ck you" at the beginning of every post.

Shoot, one of the actual printed rules on the front page is 'Respect: Leave the barstool language at home'.

Don't try to be the morality police when you yourself are doing "wrong".

Oh man thanks for making me come to the realization that I need a nice smiling avatar in order to be successful in life. Sorry that it has offended you in any way hindering your abilities with my so called barstool language.

juan917

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 27, 2015
Finally read through an old marijuana thread

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/marijuana-and-success-possible.16072/

For me, getting things done and smoking it have synonymous. As well as going off on tangents and pursuing ideas that are not my main expertise/focus. I know that smokers have a bad rep of being lazy so It's kind of funny how it's working out for me. Others would say its better to focus on one idea exclusively, I don't mind entertaining other ideas I do think its great to constantly come up with new ideas. Before I smoked I would never have any new ideas so I do think it's beneficial in that sense too.

OVOvince

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Oct 18, 2014
Finally read through an old marijuana thread

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/marijuana-and-success-possible.16072/

For me, getting things done and smoking it have synonymous. As well as going off on tangents and pursuing ideas that are not my main expertise/focus. I know that smokers have a bad rep of being lazy so It's kind of funny how it's working out for me. Others would say its better to focus on one idea exclusively, I don't mind entertaining other ideas I do think its great to constantly come up with new ideas. Before I smoked I would never have any new ideas so I do think it's beneficial in that sense too.

depending on the strain, marijuana can have benefits. im not exactly the most creative person, and weed helps me unlock that. i solve many problems in different ways when im high.

i dont go work high all day everyday, but sometimes when ive hit a brick wall, i lay back and burn to relax and get a different perspective and angle to a situation.

sometimes it also gives me a reality check. so it just depends on how you use it and how you function on it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.