The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

O/T: HEALTH Apple cider vinegar?

kamy40

New Contributor
Oct 19, 2018
I've heared taking a couple tablespoons of ACV a day helps you lose weight quick.... I went out and bought some today.
Has anyone tried this?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Ryan Howard

New Contributor
Mar 10, 2015
Did you get the acv with “the mother”? If so good if not I would get it. I believe the brand I use is braggs. I’m not to sure about acv by itself but I moved to Las Vegas early August and once I moved I started Keto combined with 1tbsp acv when I wake up and before I go to sleep. I’ve lost over 30 lbs from then until now and I haven’t even started working out yet.

Darius

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
Apr 8, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
I'm not a big fan of ACV or any vinegar really.

It wouldn't be available to us in nature without processing - and is a relatively new food-item for human consumption (it's been around for a few thousand years compared to the millions of years humans have been around).

It may have certain applications but as far as weight loss is concerned, you'd be better off fixing the source of your metabolic issues that caused the weight gain in the first place.

masterneme

Silver Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Apr 13, 2015
Just add it to your salad with some olive oil.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Wait, you're only supposed to take a tablespoon at a time? I was doing shot glasses lol. No wonder it upset my stomach.

Ryan Howard

New Contributor
Mar 10, 2015
Wait, you're only supposed to take a tablespoon at a time? I was doing shot glasses lol. No wonder it upset my stomach.
You’re good to take a shot glass worth. Just dilute it in a glass of water! Also brush your tealth after every time you take it.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
ACV is just another made up "super food" by bloggers to sell ads.

Any benefit that has actually been proven through studies is so minuscule, its almost undetectable.

But to answer your questions, no, simply adding ACV to your body will not do anything to cause you to lose weight.

Hester

New Contributor
Dec 19, 2018
Switzerland
Well, it might help a bit but if I were you, I would take a look at why you're overweight in the first place (or if you have difficulties losing weight ).
Your reality is a result of your actions and those are the results of your thoughts and emotions. (and those are the result of your programming).
So in order to change the outcome you will have to change your actions (and thus your thought and emotions around food, why you eat what you eat, fitness, excercise etc.). Apple cider vinegar will not adress these issues...

ZF Lee

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
ACV is just another made up "super food" by bloggers to sell ads.

Any benefit that has actually been proven through studies is so minuscule, its almost undetectable.

But to answer your questions, no, simply adding ACV to your body will not do anything to cause you to lose weight.
Made up super foods?

I worry a bit on this when doing copywriting for health foods. More often than not, I run into folks who run a home business and have not had as many customers to try out their stuff for a long enough time period to see better, guaranteed results to use as promotional material or validation.

I have drunk apple cider vinegar myself. It's worked for me to get rid of bad coughs and even as a cleaning agent.

But weight loss? It doesn't exactly compute to me that a weak sour vitamin drink can eat through fat like a voracious worm...

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Made up super foods?

I worry a bit on this when doing copywriting for health foods.
That’s one of the big things I Battle with my company. There are so many snake oil salesmen on the Internet.

When in doubt, ask for peer reviewed studies with statistical significance.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
intermittent fasting will help you lose weight.

andyhaus44

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 17, 2017
St. Charles, MO
intermittent fasting will help you lose weight.
I had an absolutely miserable, painful stomach and did extensive research. ACV with “the mother” cured it and I also lost a few pounds when I took it so now I take a little everyday. It’s inexpensive and very effective for bloating, too

jon.M

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 4, 2016
Sweden
Watch out so you don't end up like Jordan Peterson when he consumed apple cider vinegar and couldn't sleep at all for 25 days.

Made up super foods?

I worry a bit on this when doing copywriting for health foods. More often than not, I run into folks who run a home business and have not had as many customers to try out their stuff for a long enough time period to see better, guaranteed results to use as promotional material or validation.

I have drunk apple cider vinegar myself. It's worked for me to get rid of bad coughs and even as a cleaning agent.

But weight loss? It doesn't exactly compute to me that a weak sour vitamin drink can eat through fat like a voracious worm...
On a more serious note, I think the premise behind the claim that apple cider vinegar increases fat loss, is that it improves insulin sensitivity. At least in insulin resistent individuals or people with type 2 diabetes, when consumed before meals.

IMO it's a bullcrap fat loss superfood but you wondered how it could have an effect on that kinda stuff

Xavier X

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
People will do everything to lose weight, except the one thing that nearly guarantees weight loss - eating to moderation. Take in less than your body metabolizes. Overeating combined with a sedentary lifestyle is the recipe for being overweight.

Anything else is secondary (genetics, metabolism etc), and plays a smaller role that can be countered by good eating habits/diets. I'm not even talking about some trending diet with a fancy name (keto, paleo etc).

It's like driving a car and needing to stop. Why jam all kinds of objects from the car into the pavement, hoping they will stop the car, when you can hit the brakes? Or at least learn how the brakes work?
If food addiction is the root cause, for instance, swimming in a pool of ACV and taking huge gulps won't solve the problem.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
I had an absolutely miserable, painful stomach and did extensive research. ACV with “the mother” cured it and I also lost a few pounds when I took it so now I take a little everyday. It’s inexpensive and very effective for bloating, too
whatever works i guess

masterneme

Silver Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Apr 13, 2015
Watch out so you don't end up like Jordan Peterson when he consumed apple cider vinegar and couldn't sleep at all for 25 days.

On a more serious note, I think the premise behind the claim that apple cider vinegar increases fat loss, is that it improves insulin sensitivity. At least in insulin resistent individuals or people with type 2 diabetes, when consumed before meals.

IMO it's a bullcrap fat loss superfood but you wondered how it could have an effect on that kinda stuff
You'd get the same effect by eating low Glycemic Index food before meals or by fasting intelligently, vinegar is just another "food" usually used to dress salads.

For some reason people are using it as a supplement or medicine instead of doing the actual work, which is eating better overall and being more active, but people don't want to give up pizzas or icecreams.

MTEE1985

Gold Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 12, 2018
Arizona
It absolutely will make people lose weight*

*must be paired with proper diet and exercise to actually work

Sheens

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 13, 2018
USA
Also brush your tealth after every time you take it.

Wait! Acidic food and drinks naturally bring down the pH in your mouth. Drinking or rinsing with water, eating or drinking unsweetened dairy, and giving time (even 30 minutes) for your mouth to raise to a more neutral pH would be better than immediate brushing.

This is also why you may know not to brush immediately after vomiting.

Erosion and abrasion can both be seen as signs of wear on teeth.

Ryan Howard

New Contributor
Mar 10, 2015
Wait! Acidic food and drinks naturally bring down the pH in your mouth. Drinking or rinsing with water, eating or drinking unsweetened dairy, and giving time (even 30 minutes) for your mouth to raise to a more neutral pH would be better than immediate brushing.

This is also why you may know not to brush immediately after vomiting.

Erosion and abrasion can both be seen as signs of wear on teeth.
Thanks for the tip!!

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 24, 2017
New York City
It is great for electrolytes!
Also a great antibacterial whenever I have a sore throat

robin3989

PARKED
Aug 20, 2018
Kochi, Kerala
I've heared taking a couple tablespoons of ACV a day helps you lose weight quick.... I went out and bought some today.
Has anyone tried this?
There are no shortcuts. Overweight doesn't happen all of a sudden, neither weight loss does. Your actions and lifestyle that you continued to practice for a long period of time is the actual cause and a quick fix is temporary and does not last long.

Prepare a diet plan and stick to it. Schedule gym so you work out regularly at the correct time. It's important to accept that it's difficult to be consistent, but that's human nature. So, force yourself to follow, by eliminating the triggers that causes you to overeat or stops you from following the diet plan. Similarly punish yourself if you miss out the gym. Don't forget to reward as well, if things work out as you want!

Good luck [emoji4]

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

jon.M

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 4, 2016
Sweden
It is great for electrolytes!
Also a great antibacterial whenever I have a sore throat
Agreed. Great for killing bacteria. For that purpose I also down a few mouths of this in the morning:

PinPointing

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Jan 10, 2014
I do intermittent fasting, one meal a day (omad), and take a mouthful of acv 30 mins before I eat and chase it with a greens drink powder. I've noticed it helps with digestion.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Very interesting, I like your style, I check it right now! Thanks @Lenin looking forward to it. :)
Replies
Views
Top Bottom