The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Apartment building market tanks?

Sid23

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 9, 2007
What would the world have to look like for the apartment building market to become undesirable?

Other than sky high interest rates (which would make capital hard to obtain, however, would probably cause the number of renters to rise), what types of things does one have to be aware of?

With changing demographics, it seems that there will always be at least 1 market in the US that would make sense to invest in...

I suppose a full-out recession where people are not moving and squeezing 10 people into a unit would be a bad time...

Interested to hear people's thoughts....

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
You certainly want to hedge your bets by looking to areas that will have less impact if the economy goes into a recession. There are risks to anything. I had to hunker down during the last slowdown and did not spend as much money on the properties that needed to be spent. When the economy got better, I started spending again. Apartments were on sale during that time and I bought a bunch.

Sid23

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 9, 2007
If the following were to happen in every major market:

- Interest rates drop
- Housing inventory increases
- Housing prices collapse (related to above)
- Population decreases
- Incomes rise

then you would have the possibility of the apartment market collapsing.

JScott, you are saying "all of those things" must happen for the apartment market to crash? It would take that many things?

I had to hunker down during the last slowdown and did not spend as much money on the properties that needed to be spent. When the economy got better, I started spending again.

What did the world look like during the last apartment slowdown?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.