The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Anyone in the education industry? (K12)

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

NicholasCato

Contributor
Oct 31, 2018
Had the idea for a service that I could offer to this industry in the form of interactive media learning materials sold directly to teachers.

I’m doing reasearch now but would love to know if anyone here has any experience serving educators specifically k12.

Thanks in advance!

- Nicholas

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Supercar

Silver Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Mar 14, 2012
Michigan, Arizona
My ex would be very interested in this. She does a lot of multimedia work with schools. Tell me more, I will link you up.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 27, 2013
United States
Had the idea for a service that I could offer to this industry in the form of interactive media learning materials sold directly to teachers.

I’m doing reasearch now but would love to know if anyone here has any experience serving educators specifically k12.

Thanks in advance!

- Nicholas

Not me, but a friend who has a booming b2b business selling educational content/courses to schools.

Don't sell to teachers. Teachers have no money. (I used to be one). If they buy any materials, it's on teachers pay teachers for dirt cheap.

You need to sell to school districts and administration.

NicholasCato

Contributor
Oct 31, 2018
Not me, but a friend who has a booming b2b business selling educational content/courses to schools.

Don't sell to teachers. Teachers have no money. (I used to be one). If they buy any materials, it's on teachers pay teachers for dirt cheap.

You need to sell to school districts and administration.

Messaged!

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 3, 2014
England UK

Actually I heard a podcast a little while ago about an ex teacher selling course material directly to teachers and doing rather well at it. I guess it depends on the price (as @amp0193 indicates teaching isn't that highly paid in the US).

It was on either Pat Flynn, John Lee Dumus, or Amy Porterfield's site so you will have to do some digging but I think it would be worth a listen.

-

Arun Siva

aspiring 大君 of the bourgeoisie
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 31, 2016
NORD-TRONDELAG
the sad fact of the matter is that not all teachers are paid evenly in the US. It differs state to state. New Jersey i think boasts the highest paid teachers but take south carolina for example, quite the opposite. We dont value them enough unfortunately for them to get paid what they are worth. Totally different scenario in europe.
I agree with amp, you must talk to administrators who unfortunately have all the money in this realm.

VIVEKSINGHJADONS

VSJ
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Sep 18, 2018
India

Thanks in advance!

- Nicholas

I am in the education industry from 2011. I own an educational institute.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Hey @Lex DeVille ! Having some issues with the NOREGRETS code? Udemy thinks it has expired...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
@Fox Hi, I learned to code over the last few months, I am not the best but I am getting there, I...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Are you looking for a new, lesser-known but potentially very lucrative source of leads to your...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
I read it yesterday, looks like a nice introduction for reading TFM or Unscripted. ; ) Also...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Thanks for the reply. Whats interesting is that I have an idea that's been cooking which...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom