The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Anyone hired a VA to build you a "cold" local prospect list?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Paul Thomas

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jul 9, 2013
As in building a list of 100+ companies that fit a certain criteria + decision makers name + phone number + email (and whatever notes), so that you can focus on the calling/selling and delivering the service instead of spending hours just building a list. This would be a completely "cold" list.

If so - where have you seen good results?

And I know this is overly paranoid - but are you "nervous" with putting prospecting in an outside party's hands?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
As in building a list of 100+ companies that fit a certain criteria + decision makers name + phone number + email (and whatever notes), so that you can focus on the calling/selling and delivering the service instead of spending hours just building a list. This would be a completely "cold" list.

If so - where have you seen good results?

And I know this is overly paranoid - but are you "nervous" with putting prospecting in an outside party's hands?

Your gonna need a lot more than 100. At a minimum look to build a list of 5,000. I would also avoid buying lists from a list company, having a VA do all the data mining is a much better solution.

Paul Thomas

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jul 9, 2013
Your gonna need a lot more than 100. At a minimum look to build a list of 5,000. I would also avoid buying lists from list companies, having a VA do all the data mining is a much better solution.

Yeah apologies - I used 100 as an example.

For data mining you mean just pulling the fields you need into an excel doc... have you just used Upwork?

domefs

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Sep 4, 2016
Germany
Yes, i have a team of Filipino's that compile my lists on a weekly basis. Typically we go through a list of 2,500 - 3,500 each week.

Could you go share a bit more details? I would really appreciate it and think more people need some advice on this.
So you focus on cold calls while your list gets refreshed from your VAs? :)

thecza

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Oct 17, 2016
Yes, i have a team of Filipino's that compile my lists on a weekly basis. Typically we go through a list of 2,500 - 3,500 each week.

That's interesting. Would you mind sharing a bit of the criteria your VAs use in generating the list?

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
My guess is that's part of the "secret sauce" to finding good prospects.

My data is industry specific so it wouldn't be any use to anyone on here but I can explain the weekly process the VAs use.

What I did was create a system where they follow specific instructions each week for various websites where we extract our data. This is setup in word and excel and split up between multiple VAs.

All the data is extracted into excel and then sent to the phone number fairy. Once it comes back with numbers it goes into our dialer for calling.

Last edited:

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Forgot to mention one key point. Since your VAs will be overseas and accessing US websites, their IP may be blocked on many sites. For those we use a local server with windows that they login to through Teamviewer and are able to access websites that way.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.