The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Anyone here a subscriber of "Empire Financial Research" led by Whitney Tilson?

Anything related to investing, including crypto

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 21, 2019
What do you think of it?

Is it legit?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 21, 2019
I have sooo many ideas floating around my head is going to burst. I want to take advantage of the recession and invest some money effectively, since the cosmetic industry is so unstable and my active income source is unstable.

Once I have enough passive income coming in, I have the option of just quitting or not having to worry about my primary income stream at all.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
I have sooo many ideas floating around my head is going to burst. I want to take advantage of the recession and invest some money effectively, since the cosmetic industry is so unstable and my active income source is unstable.

Once I have enough passive income coming in, I have the option of just quitting or not having to worry about my primary income stream at all.
just dump all your ideas into the dustbin.

I am also an Idea guy, but you know what

only execution matters.

focus on 3-5 niche(select those niches strategically), or just use Icecremkid's method. do the survey, get to know their problem, know how much their problem is worth, select what you like from the idea bucket which has paying customers.

now you have a customer and their demographic and psychographics( the hardest work is done), now you will have customers from day 1.

I would suggest starting a youtube channel in the field you are interested in(don't bring entrepreneurship into the mix, you are not one yet), bring on some experts even if you have to pay from them(builds credibility). get your viewers to fill surveys(recommend Ask book), now you can pinpoint the customers and get even deeper.
know their problem and how much it's worth for them to get it fixed.

now that you have and know your customer, just build a product.

Please note:
this is my learning reading several books, podcasts, threads, talks, ideas borrowed from multiple domains. but I have not applied it yet, doing it now. so do your own due diligence.

you must read about shiny object syndrome, most entrepreneurs struggle with this and learn how to avoid this.

also, this would be my last post on your action faking posts.

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 21, 2019
man the title wasn't even about action faking, just want to know how to better invest my current money, heh.

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
I know, but don't I have a point?
Sharp as a tack.
I have sooo many ideas floating around my head
Your best idea was to be someone's apprentice. Get you actually doing stuff.

@Hadrian how come you didn't take her on?
Whip her into shape, so to speak.
Did you foresee she'd be a nightmare to work with?
Akin to flogging a dead horse?

Hadrian

QUEST MASTER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
Sharp as a tack.

Your best idea was to be someone's apprentice. Get you actually doing stuff.

@Hadrian how come you didn't take her on?
Whip her into shape, so to speak.
Did you foresee she'd be a nightmare to work with?
Akin to flogging a dead horse?

Haha one wannabe Entrepreneur with Tekels and Shiny Object Syndrome on the team is enough.... :happy:

I do have a winning formula for a dating app that doesn't feel like a dating app.... waiting to see how committed Fastlanedoll is first before I share! :p

Beerbread

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Dec 2, 2019
New Jersey

Girl, I think you're way too comfortable where you are right now. You gotta light a fire under you otherwise all your ideas mean nothing. Just do ANYTHING just so you get in the groove of just doing it!! You can perform miracles for less than $500, just get on it! You got this.

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 21, 2019
Haha one wannabe Entrepreneur with Tekels and Shiny Object Syndrome on the team is enough.... :happy:

I do have a winning formula for a dating app that doesn't feel like a dating app.... waiting to see how committed Fastlanedoll is first before I share! :p

You did tell me about it... and... I told you what I thought :p

I've been watching Gretta van Riel and want to do something similar. Really wish could be an apprentice to someone like her.

I'm not a nightmare to work with PROMISE. I think too much and see too many problems with an idea before I even start. Really, really bad I know.

But like I said, I was interested in health, but. Tea & supplements could be a nice side to it as well.

p.s. I'm still on board with the app idea.. maybe uh.. we can.... refine it a little, haha. Really grateful for any chance of apprenticeship.

p.p.s. I just PM'ed you.. twice

Last edited:

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
man the title wasn't even about action faking, just want to know how to better invest my current money, heh.
Action faking or not, I started putting some money into stocks in my local market a few months ago.
To be honest, it's a lot of work reading all the reports, the market sentiment and the charts.

For myself, I'm fortunate to have studied finance in college, so I'm used to thumbing through the charts and reports for hours. But not everyone can do that...

Given stuff out of our control like INSIDERS moves and irrational sentiment (see GameStop's current fiasco), I'm beginning to feel dabbling in the stock market has to take on more of a trading approach, rather than an investment.

Which means typically I'd hold a stock for 8 weeks or so, check for pullbacks, oversold/overbought conditions and then decide whether to sell or top-up or let it sit there.

Very active, and could very much delay your Fastlane work if you aren't accustomed to the active work of keeping the portfolio up-to-date.

As for research in general, such as Empire, I remind myself that any report only gives me a piece of the puzzle in deciding whether a company is legit. That is, no research report will be 100% on the mark, and you have to do your homework to investigate the facts.

But it's not a bad idea to practice MJ's Paycheck Pot plan, which is closer to dividend investing.
Here's a thread on that:

EDIT: For my own trading style, I use Wiliam O'Neil's CAN-SLIM framework (I've heard of some updated frameworks that borrowed into that so check that out).

If I have some time, I might start a new thread detailing how I do my stocks, my decision-process, but they'll be mostly on my local stocks

Last edited:

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 21, 2019
Action faking or not, I started putting some money into stocks in my local market a few months ago.
To be honest, it's a lot of work reading all the reports, the market sentiment and the charts.

For myself, I'm fortunate to have studied finance in college, so I'm used to thumbing through the charts and reports for hours. But not everyone can do that...

Given stuff out of our control like INSIDERS moves and irrational sentiment (see GameStop's current fiasco), I'm beginning to feel dabbling in the stock market has to take on more of a trading approach, rather than an investment.

Which means typically I'd hold a stock for 8 weeks or so, check for pullbacks, oversold/overbought conditions and then decide whether to sell or top-up or let it sit there.

Very active, and could very much delay your Fastlane work if you aren't accustomed to the active work of keeping the portfolio up-to-date.

As for research in general, such as Empire, I remind myself that any report only gives me a piece of the puzzle in deciding whether a company is legit. That is, no research report will be 100% on the mark, and you have to do your homework to investigate the facts.

But it's not a bad idea to practice MJ's Paycheck Pot plan, which is closer to dividend investing.
Here's a thread on that:

Thank you!!

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 21, 2019

Here's a thread on that:

EDIT: For my own trading style, I use Wiliam O'Neil's CAN-SLIM framework (I've heard of some updated frameworks that borrowed into that so check that out).

If I have some time, I might start a new thread detailing how I do my stocks, my decision-process, but they'll be mostly on my local stocks

Do a youtube channel on it instead ;)

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Do a youtube channel on it instead ;)
Nah...I don't intend to do financial products.
This stock trading thing is more of a side project anyways.

Besides, the editing work kills me...I've tried before.
I'm more of a text-guy.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.