The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Anybody using GreenGeeks webhosting?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
Getting ready to set up a webhost. Lots of folks here like Liquidweb. I've also seen positive comments on HostGator. My research came up with Siteground and GreenGeeks as other fast, reliable alternatives. What say you forum?

I'm planning a site with both free and paid membership (password protected) with searching.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

George Appiah

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Aug 16, 2018
Accra, Ghana
Unless you're setting out to sell something from day one and pushing a shitload of paid traffic to it, just about any hosting service will do if you're just starting out. I find people get hung up on this too much.

Just make sure to get your domain name and hosting from different vendors, and don't lock yourself into a multi-year hosting deal. Chances a) you're going to outgrow your current plan very quickly, b) the higher plans may not be attractive and c) you'll discover cracks in your provider and may want to move to a different host.

As for the companies you mentioned... I've personally hosted with all of them over the years, and I have clients now hosting with all of them.

LiquidWeb is pretty much the Lamborghini of the hosting industry: you'll get fast and highly reliable hosting, and their support is the best I've seen in the industry. And I don't mean a quick response that does not even attempt to address your issue, as is so typical with companies that boast of how quickly they respond to tickets. As big as they are, you'll find very few negative reviews of LiquidWeb online, and most are likely to have popped out in 2017 when they purchased WiredTree and (in my view) botched the migration in a big way. But you'll pay accordingly for this red carpet treatment.

Siteground is a safe middle ground: fast, reliable with good support... and comparatively very cheap. If you signup today, you're going to be on their new platform... and not the traditional cPanel/WHM platform. The new totally homegrown platform is awesome, with advanced features that you typically only see with expensive "managed" providers. (GreenGeeks is also in this space, but Siteground's new platform and infrastructure puts them way ahead of GreenGeeks, in my not so humble opinion)

I place Hostgator (and most of the EIG brands, including Bluehost, JustHost, Hostmonster, etc) at the bottom of the pyramid. Very cheap to get started, and most people can be with these hosts for years without experiencing any problem. That's because most sites get little to no traffic, thus they never hit the draconian "anti-abuse" restrictions at play at these hosts that promise "unlimited" storage and traffic with rock-bottom pricing. But start to get a little activity on your site... or build a site that requires a little more server resource than your typical WordPress blog... and you'll begin to experience all sorts of problems necessitating expensive upgrades. It's only at this point that you come to understand and appreciate why those "crazy" people told you to "Stay away from all EIG brands".

Last edited:

NursingTn

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 30, 2019
+1 what George said.

Don't worry too much about your hosts.

Rather, focus on ensuring you have the skill or able to outsource the skill to make your website secure and have back ups for when crap hits the fan.

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
Unless you're setting out to sell something from day one and pushing a shitload of paid traffic to it, just about any hosting service will do if you're just starting out. I find people get hung up on this too much.

Just make sure to get your domain name and hosting from different vendors, and don't lock yourself into a multi-year hosting deal. Chances a) you're going to outgrow your current plan very quickly, b) the higher plans may not be attractive and c) you'll discover cracks in your provider and may want to move to a different host.

As for the companies you mentioned... I've personally hosted with all of them over the years, and I have clients now hosting with all of them.

LiquidWeb is pretty much the Lamborghini of the hosting industry: you'll get fast and highly reliable hosting, and their support is the best I've seen in the industry. And I don't mean a quick response that does not even attempt to address your issue, as is so typical with companies that boast of how quickly they respond to tickets. As big as they are, you'll find very few negative reviews of LiquidWeb online, and most are likely to have popped out in 2017 when they purchased WiredTree and (in my view) botched the migration in a big way. But you'll pay accordingly for this red carpet treatment.

Siteground is a safe middle ground: fast, reliable with good support... and comparatively very cheap. If you signup today, you're going to be on their new platform... and not the traditional cPanel/WHM platform. The new totally homegrown platform is awesome, with advanced features that you typically only see with expensive "managed" providers. (GreenGeeks is also in this space, but Siteground's new platform and infrastructure puts them way ahead of GreenGeeks, in my not so humble opinion)

I place Hostgator (and most of the EIG brands, including Bluehost, JustHost, Hostmonster, etc) at the bottom of the pyramid. Very cheap to get started, and most people can be with these hosts for years without experiencing any problem. That's because most sites get little to no traffic, thus they never hit the draconian "anti-abuse" restrictions at play at these hosts that promise "unlimited" storage and traffic with rock-bottom pricing. But start to get a little activity on your site... or build a site that requires a little more server resource than your typical WordPress blog... and you'll begin to experience all sorts of problems necessitating expensive upgrades. It's only at this point that you come to understand and appreciate why those "crazy" people told you to "Stay away from all EIG brands".
thank you

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rdube123

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 19, 2019
Getting ready to set up a webhost. Lots of folks here like Liquidweb. I've also seen positive comments on HostGator. My research came up with Siteground and GreenGeeks as other fast, reliable alternatives. What say you forum?

I'm planning a site with both free and paid membership (password protected) with searching.
Suggest me some options for hosting or server for app. I am thinking about a dedicated server hosting should I go for it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.