The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Anybody operating in clothing/textile industry?

rsant

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jan 19, 2008
New York
e-commerce, b&m, wholesale and/or retailers, I would like to start a support thread for sales strategies, approaching buyers/distributors, tradeshows.

Any input is appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
at what level are you talking here? you have to be more specific and atleast have questions or knowlaedge, simply saying i would like to start a thread makes no sense.

Jill

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 26, 2008
Frisco, TX (Dallas)
e-commerce, b&m, wholesale and/or retailers, I would like to start a support thread for sales strategies, approaching buyers/distributors, tradeshows.

Any input is appreciated.
I have in the past. Would be happy to help you in any way I can.

scottwholesale

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Mar 5, 2008
at what level are you talking here? you have to be more specific.

I am very familar with the entire process from designing the clothes to sourcing maunfacturers and getting the product to market.

I also know the very best trade shows on each continent which can launch a lable/designer to great sucess.

Each step is very detailed so if you are more detailed with you are looking for im sure i can help you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Dan-O

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 9, 2008
+1. I'm trying to break into the clothing biz as well.

NoMoneyDown

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Aug 28, 2007
Round Rock, TX
Same here. I have an idea for a hat that I think will be a success, but not sure where to begin, either, and could use some guidance. I've done some initial research and haven't found anything comparable (as far as possible patent infringement). I've nailed down my target audience, too. I still need to come up with a prototype, but not sure what to do next. There seems to be a hoard of companies that target engineering concepts, but I haven't found anything WRT clothing apparel concepts. Please PM me if you can help!

Edit: BTW, I would even consider selling the idea to a bona-fide manufacturer, but not even sure what I need to do in that arena as well (i.e., who to approach, how to approach them, how to protect my interests).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.