The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Anybody on here do marketing to engineers?

Marketing, social media, advertising

policebaton

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Apr 3, 2017
florida
Hey guys,

I work at an engineering trade publication, and a couple of my advertising clients could reaaallly use a clean up with their marketing agencies.

Anybody do services on here that are highly converting for engineering audiences such as print/digital creative (basic stuff, banners, print insertions, etc no rich media), highly converting website design for technical audiences, trade show booth design, and whitepaper/literature writing for technical engineering audience?

Would greatly appreciate to have you as a recommended resource to some of my clients. Have a couple clients dying for this right now, and I don't have time to do all of this.

Super plus if you know lithium ion batteries and their issues right now.

Hoping to put some goodness back into the FLF community, give you guys some business :).

Let me know, reply on here or shoot me a PM and we can skype.

Thank you

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TheDillon__

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Apr 11, 2016
DFW
Anyone handling a SEM (Search Engine Marketing) account should be capable of targeting any given audience so long as there are no major restrictions - i.e. trying to market an online gun store or strip club on Google*.

It's simply a matter of:

1. What are we selling?

Say we're selling Metal Injection Molding Machines. Let's hit Google and search for
Metal Injection Molding Machines
Metal Injection Molding
Injection Molding Machines
Metal Injection Moulding

What do our competitors' ads look like? In our ad campaign, we will create two ads. Ad 1 will look similar to the ads that we have seen, whilst highlighting our USP. Ad 2 will be an ad written specifically to try and beat the former.

As for "websites" and "posters" that convert - check out these posts by @Andy Black

1. The Holy Trinity of Paid Search

2. The biggest landing page mistake

Essentially, it's incorrect to believe that your landing page can convert visitors at any consistent rate.

Keeping with out example, let's say we have a website from which we sell Metal Injection Molding Machines.

A good number of engineers who visit our page enjoy our products, and make purchases! Because of this, our landing page shows a conversion rate of 35%. Great job!

Now, let's send 100,000 11-year old girls looking for Matty B concert tickets to your landing page - will it still convert at a 35% rate? Of course not! (Unless you have some very technically inclined and ambitious 11 year olds!)

So this goes to show that what is important is not how our "landing page converts," but rather the quality of the customers that visit our landing page!

-

I forget where, but Andy (IIRC) once posted the following example:

Say you have an apple tree in your backyard and you want to catch some apples.

Using many short, vague keywords related to your business is like placing a basket on the kitchen floor and waiting for an apple or two to fall in.

What you should do is, instead, target a few highly relevant keywords that people may be searching with an intent to purchase. This places your basket right under the tree!

/Metaphor

From this, we learn that we should probably build your campaign around terms like

Buy Metal Injection Molding Machine
Metal Injection Molding Equipment Quote
Buy Metal Injection Moulding Online

etc. etc.

There is a lot to learn from posters like @Andy Black and @eliquid. I'm sure you'll find everything you need to know in there!

Or just see if any of us are up for hire, ;)

Cheers - Adure

Dillon

policebaton

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Apr 3, 2017
florida
Awesome input man much appreciated!

Though I will add, the purpose of this thread is to find a fastlaner who does all of that and is interested in an easy lead. It's not for me it's a company I know looking for these services. May have found one, but still open to hearing if anyone has experience in this and knows engineers.

TheDillon__

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Apr 11, 2016
DFW
Awesome input man much appreciated!

Though I will add, the purpose of this thread is to find a fastlaner who does all of that and is interested in an easy lead. It's not for me it's a company I know looking for these services. May have found one, but still open to hearing if anyone has experience in this and knows engineers.

Well I'm not one to turn down work.

I've been studying under our guy @Andy Black for quite some time now, and I do have a certification in Google AdWords.

I create ads with the intent of nurturing a strong ROI, and can also build Remarketing campaigns in order to convert those who don't initially make a purchase on your website.

PM me and we can talk details!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.