The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Anybody here a Freemason?

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I've always wanted join, was wondering if anyone on the Fastlane was a Mason and could possibly share their experience

This is how you get initiated...A writing from my journal two years ago on the night of my entry...

January 2015 - Somewhere in the suburbs of Miami, Florida

Tonight is my formal initiation.

I am getting initiated into the secret society.

It’s well past sundown and the lodge was located through twists and turns in the industrial part of town. Nothing but dimly lit roads with the occasional flickering of a streetlamp.

I was sworn to secrecy and blindfolded as we got close to the lodge. The only thing that entered my senses was the crumbling of gavel under the white Cadillac Escalade that was taking me to the ceremony.

The car comes to a stop and the driver gets out.

Next, I hear the sound of the garage door to the warehouse get pulled open before we make our way inside.

The driver grabs me by the arm and ushers me through a dimly lit gathering, with a few whispers echoing off the walls, until we reach a room in the back where I can see nothing but the lights of candles radiating off the ceiling.

I stand in the front of the room blindfolded as we wait for the millionaires and billionaires to arrive for the ceremony.

The echoes of Ferraris, Lamborghinis and Bugatti’s flood the warehouse as they pull in one by one. I can’t see the faces through my blindfold, but through the bottom, I can see these wealthy millionaires dressed in the nicest suits and wearing $100,000 gold watches.

As they hang their jackets on the wall, they began putting on black robes, to make way for the ceremony.

The sacrificial lamb hangs upside down by chains from the rafters in front of me.

I can’t tell you what happened in that room this night, as we were sworn to secrecy, only allowed to release the information with others who carry the mark, tattooed on their ankle, and those who deliver the secret handshake.

But what I can tell you is this...

At least one person reading this story thinks this actually happened. Back to more productive uses of my creative writing...

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
He is. I've seen him do this handshake.

attachment.php

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
The problem with the whole Freemason thing, at least from the outside looking in, is that they have viewpoints that that may turn people off. Im not saying if they turn me off or not, but it is not some one size fits all bad a$$ glove either. Not a single millionaire I know is a member... Or are they?

On the other hand, y'all have all known I am a strong advocate for 2 things. I have been extremely consistent in both of them.

The first one is, as I'm sure you know, The Wall Street Journal. Not much of a networking opportunity.

The second one is PRIVATE CLUBS. Join a country club with LOTS of reciprocity with other clubs around town. City clubs are also bad a$$.

I am a member of one of them with reciprocity all over the US.

Private clubs are excellent for meeting people of higher net worth and intelligence.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
I am not. But, Mrs jon had family members that were and she wanted me to join.
I never felt the need because I'm already a member of a far more exclusive brotherhood.

However, based on my humble opinion I'd recommend it.
I think their motto is something like, "we make good men better." I believe it.

To join just find one and ask.

Last edited:

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016

mrarcher

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jan 26, 2016
Scotland
I am not. But, Mrs jon had family members that where and she wanted me to join.
I never felt the need because I'm already a member of a far more exclusive brotherhood.

However, based on my humble opinion I'd recommend it.
I think their motto is something like, "we make good men better." I believe it.

To join just find one and ask.
What he said. If you don't know one personally email a local lodge, most of them have websites. But if you expect an illuminati type thing where everyone helps each other make money then you will be bitterly disappointed.

thinkandgrowrich

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Nov 29, 2016
What he said. If you don't know one personally email a local lodge, most of them have websites. But if you expect an illuminati type thing where everyone helps each other make money then you will be bitterly disappointed.
That's what all my friends think lol, that it's some sort of crazy satanic organization that has a secret agenda.

I just want to become a better man in every area of life, and I think this Brotherhood will help me in the process.

Plus most of the Masons I've come across were genuinely good people.

Thanks

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
exactly. I hate the misinterpretations of the sheeple when it comes to this. As a shriner, I am proud to be part of an organization that does what the inept and retarded american government cant do and provide the top most quality health care for adolescents basically in many cases for free through our fundraising etc.

There's both a Shrine and Masonic Lodge in my town. Fairly prominent buildings, with the Lodge being one of the biggest downtown. Aside from a couple of skyscrapers.

upload_2018-9-5_11-28-37.png

From their social media and other publishings they seem to be a bunch of accomplished and experienced gentlemen who want something to do at "retirement." Not all of them are seniors, but a significant number are.

They do a lot of work for the vets, and they help each other out during tough times. Like it was mentioned earlier, not all of them are millionaires with an agenda. Though, I don't completely buy the notion that they don't have influence in the city.

Not knocking them, from a conspiratorial pov. Just an observation once you start seeing the symbols on other buildings, and on luxury cars driving around.

Now that I think about it, a couple of years back I attended a few SCORE meetings, and pretty sure one of the guys there was wearing a ring. Thought my memory on the details are fuzzy.

@GMSI7D

While it's true you can build your own pyramid these days. Especially with the internet. That doesn't mean they wouldn't be a potential channel to ascend through.

A lot, if not all, of the Masonic teachings are published online, so there's not much of a "secret," anymore.

However, taking their Making Good Men Better slogan. Well I think there is some truth in that. You take a concentration of success-minded people. Using that definition loosely. And by osmosis, you're bound to acquire some useful info.

Though, you could achieve similar, if not better, results by joining a mastermind in your industry.

So they don't have an image problem, as they've been claiming for the past 2 decades. That they're "too old," and not appealing to new recruits. Making Good Men Better speaks to many people, myself included. But there's not clear definition of what that means.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
Making Good Men Better

this is a good slogan. furthermore, its about the principles and the morals being passed down. something that is slowly becoming nonexistent in every facet of society.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
it is better to be a self taught Master than to be part of any game.

by the way google is your friend to find freemason material.

i prefer to be independent than to be played in order to hope for a better future

"Law 20 Do Not Commit to Anyone
It is the fool who always rushes to take sides. Do not commit to any side or cause but yourself. By maintaining your independence, you become the master of others – playing people against one another, making them pursue you"

the 48 laws of power

"See, there were these two guys in a lunatic asylum... and one night, one night they decide they don't like living in an asylum any more. They decide they're going to escape! So, like, they get up onto the roof, and there, just across this narrow gap, they see the rooftops of the town, stretching away in the moon light... stretching away to freedom. Now, the first guy, he jumps right across with no problem. But his friend, his friend didn't dare make the leap. Y'see... Y'see, he's afraid of falling. So then, the first guy has an idea... He says "Hey! I have my flashlight with me! I'll shine it across the gap between the buildings. You can walk along the beam and join me!" B-but the second guy just shakes his head. He suh-says... He says "Wh-what do you think I am? Crazy? You'd turn it off when I was half way across!" Alan Moore

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
the philosophy of freemasons is really simple : making sense of the absurb world in wich we live

they want foundations that are solid : cause ---> effect and not chance or accident

for example : winning the lottery is a stupid thing according to mathematics and freemasons hate stupidity

winning the lottery is an insult to freemasons philosophy that's why they have gathered knowledge accross the centuries to fight such stupidity : life 's absurdity

the word freemason comes from the french word " franc maçon "

the word "maçon " means mason in english : someone who builds on solid foundations : knowledge and reason

this is why freemason symbols include trowels, square and so on

Symbole-Maconnique-Soleil-Lune-Compas-Equerre.jpg

though centuries , they have gathered knowledge to live the good and right life

but this knowledge is kept hidden because most people are not rational

remember this sentence by eben pagan :

" customers are irrational "

you can't give knowledge to people because they will do stupid things with it.

Last edited:

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
Freemasons are benign and compassionate, established members of society. They are so secretive because they don't want the reputation of their name and membership to be tarnished by outsiders. Ironically, this invites conspiracy theorists/theories. Nothing malicious goes on; on the contrary in fact. To become one, ask one.
exactly. I hate the misinterpretations of the sheeple when it comes to this. As a shriner, I am proud to be part of an organization that does what the inept and retarded american government cant do and provide the top most quality health care for adolescents basically in many cases for free through our fundraising etc.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
Wow I actually understood everything you said

and I’m not sure that’s a good thing lol

the point is not my english skills . my english is good enough to make the point.

the point is your future

you have to understand that secret societies control everything on earth.

yes most people don't care . they wake up, go to the office, go back home, eat, have sex, sleep for 40 years. then they retire and they die

this is an animal life. not a human one

it has no meanings. any animal can do the same thing : eating, having sex, honoring stupidity

Freemasons are people who think that humans are above the animal level.

py.png

so what will masters do with people who don't care about intelligence ?

they will say : " wait a minute, most people don't care about the truth or a superior life

they live on the animal level : eating , doing absurd things , etc

"maybe , we should use this energy ( people wandering all the day ) fo superiors meanings "

so this was the start of the management of society behind the scenes

so here is a quote

edward-bernays-quote1.jpg

to make sure that you really understand it, i will yell it out loud

THE CONSCIOUS INTELLIGENT MANIPULATION OF THE ORGANIZED OPINIONS AND
HABITS OF THE MASSES IS AN IMPORTANT ELEMENT IN A DEMOCRATIC SOCIETY

THOSE WHO MANIPULATE THIS UNSEEN MECHANISM OF SOCIETY CONSTITUTE AN INViSIBLE GOUVERNMENT WICH IS THE TRUE RULING POWER IN OUR SOCIETY

Edward Bernays ( 1891-1995)

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
That's what all my friends think lol, that it's some sort of crazy satanic organization that has a secret agenda.

I just want to become a better man in every area of life, and I think this Brotherhood will help me in the process.

Thanks

it is better to be a self taught Master than to be part of any game.

by the way google is your friend to find freemason material.

i prefer to be independent than to be played in order to hope for a better future

"Law 20 Do Not Commit to Anyone
It is the fool who always rushes to take sides. Do not commit to any side or cause but yourself. By maintaining your independence, you become the master of others – playing people against one another, making them pursue you"

the 48 laws of power

mrarcher

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jan 26, 2016
Scotland
this right here is the reason i joined. i was blue collar at one point and the fact that i could be on an even medium with someone who happened to be established and in the 1% echelon
here is just what the craft is all about. how many millionaires and multi millionaires you know that would stop and help a brother on the highway if he were stranded?? it happened to me. really powerful brotherhood am grateful i am a part of the camaraderie and fellowship

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well there's the beauty of it. It doesn't matter if you are the former king or Britain, or a bin man. All me are equal and you speak to each other as such. I have made many great friends through masonry and I know any one of them would give me their last dollar if I needed it. It also gives some people purpose in life. You'll notice a lot of older men whose wife has passed away and without the masons they would be very alone, but instead of sitting home miserable on a weeknight they get to go to a place where people genuinely want to know them and are genuinely happy to be in their company. The reason people are suspicious of it is because yes, there are secrets. But if we are honest they aren't that interesting to be a member just to find them out. There are many masons in high places sure but that is more because it is so big and diverse it attracts members from all walks of life. If it was to benefit members then most of the charitable things wouldn't happen. The grand lodge of Scotland has just recently managed to raise more than £300,000 for prostate cancer by doing a whip round of its members. Now that is something I am proud to say I'm a part of. Now if it were a kind of illuminati where it only benefits its members, or just a selfish organisation like some of the crap you read on google, I for one wouldn't be a member.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
well stated brother

also freemasonry strives to make men grow to be not only leaders but upstanding and productive members of society as in yesteryear the finest and most suitable (not only able bodied men) where selected to help build monuments temples structures etc.... always learning always seeking light and wisdom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks

anyway, these people are not on earth to waste their time.

that's why they are detached from the masses

have you ever wonder why the top of the pyramid is detached from the base on the dollar bill ?

really simple :

rational people have nothing to do with the irrational masses

pyramid-dollar-.jpg

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
@GMSI7D Dude, didn't you sign off like two months ago and say we'd never see you again? What happened to that?

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
The first one is, as I'm sure you know, The Wall Street Journal. Not much of a networking opportunity.

The second one is PRIVATE CLUBS. Join a country club with LOTS of reciprocity with other clubs around town. City clubs are also bad a$$.
Another one I would personally add to this list is volunteering.

Wealthy people are very generous with their time, energy and money.

Many volunteering opportunities are literally the 'who’s who’ of your town/city.

If you want to rub elbows with the movers and shakers in your town, volunteer. Usually only the most affluent are in a position to donate a lot of money or time.

The volunteer groups I’ve worked with are full-blown clusterfucks of the movers and shakers in town.

jrfkelly

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Dec 20, 2016
Farnborough UK
I'm a Freemason under the jurisdiction of the United Grand Lodge of England - and very proud.
I'm happy to answer any questions you have, there's not much we're forbidden to discuss in public.
If you want to join, find the website for the Sovereign Grand Lodge that covers your home, and follow the links there. That's how I became a member!

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

mrarcher

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jan 26, 2016
Scotland
to be short, freemason are people who think instead of being reactive

95 % of people don't think at all.

they react to the outside, to TV news, to medias, to the weather, to small talks, to absurdities.

from freemason's point of view, this is insanity

freemasons are pro active : they create the outside instead of reacting to it.

they seek wisdom, power, the good life

cause---> effect

while people are : stimuli---> reaction

so this is why there is initiation in secret societies

because you have to prove that you are not a circus monkey reacting to the outside

but a master or yourself and then a master of others and life
You are so full of crap it hurts to read sometimes.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
No Freemason I've ever met has described their fraternity in the way you just did lol

what are you talking about

Same guy that equated people who watch Tai Lopez videos with the people that immigrated to America during the industrial revolution.

Let it go.

Lemme go tell great great great grandpa that when I jerk off to motivational YouTube videos I'm doing the same thing he did when he spent 12 weeks on a boat from the mother country with $3 in his pocket.

Drive2Riches

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jul 18, 2014
Washington

Thanks

My gig was once scouting for secondhand books. The reason it was so fascinating is because I learned so much about the private lives of people who kept a library of sometimes unique books in their private collections.

That's how I came across these two beginning Freemason books, which had been passed down from father or grandfather to a third grade boy in rural Washington.

upload_2017-5-17_16-21-55.png
(6 inches tall, 1/4 inch thick)

Inside -
upload_2017-5-17_16-25-49.png

I was a Cub Scout as a 3rd grader and this sounds way cooler.

Fast forward through the boy's life as a Freemason, and he may eventually have been given this book, called "Morals and Dogma" --

upload_2017-5-17_16-34-27.pngupload_2017-5-17_16-35-40.png

Inside --
upload_2017-5-17_16-36-40.png
(over 900 pages and heavy)

Contents --
upload_2017-5-17_16-38-6.pngupload_2017-5-17_16-41-25.png
upload_2017-5-17_17-12-16.png

I came across many more books as fascinating as this one during the time I had my eBay store.

I have since sold and donated all but a shelf or two of my secondhand books. I think my only regret is having sold this book and others like it. But the price for the "Dogma" book was over 5000% my cost getting it from the estate sale ($3). Hard not to take the cash on that.

If you ask me now, I'd forfeit any profit to still have that book.

Scouting for secondhand books is one of those activities that I would really like to pick up again -- it's what I love to do -- so Fastlane will buy the time I need to do it.

~

garyfritz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 16, 2011
Colorado
A bit of humor around this subject:

Freemasons are benign and compassionate, established members of society. They are so secretive because they don't want the reputation of their name and membership to be tarnished by outsiders.
There is a masonic symbol on the capstone of the time capsule in Denver International Airport:

cd20diaconspiracy_ac22865.jpg

That (and the "New World Airport Commission," obvs a reference to the New World Order, and probably other things) has triggered a bunch of wild conspiracy theories.

Fortunately the DIA management has a sense of humor. Check out the Twitter posts in this article to see some of the hilarious signs they placed on construction walls in the airport!

Denver International Airport ~knows~ about the conspiracy theories and is trolling us all

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
I am a brother of the greatest fraternity of the world. I am traveling and seeking further light. you will meet some great individuals that may help you. Freemasonry has taken a hit due to the media and the naysayers and societal values at an all time low, however there is a healthy sustaining number of youth (such as myself) that want to be above and beyond the average men and have enjoyed the journey. Masonry is very diverse and has many factions; the saying 2B1ASK1 remains true and your local lodge will be glad to explain to you the intricacies of our brotherhood.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
I've always wondered exactly how this works, I have seen freemason symbols outside of hotels and large houses and stand alone buildings and wondering what actually goes on, google tells me they are plotting a new world order. Freemasons please tell us more. Your secret is safe on the internet.

they react to the outside, to TV news, to medias, to the weather, to small talks, to absurdities.

cause---> effect

because you have to prove that you are not a circus monkey reacting to the outside

thinkandgrowrich

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Nov 29, 2016

cause---> effect

No Freemason I've ever met has described their fraternity in the way you just did lol

what are you talking about

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.