The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Anybody ever opened an LLC in Hong Kong?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 21, 2019
May I know whether you went through the whole process manually through the gov e-registry or did you use one of those online platforms that claim to do everything for you for a single fee?

Can I trust those platforms?
Is there a chance I won't be able to get a corporate bank account? If so, why?

First-timer here, thanks a million!! :D

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 21, 2019
Low tax.

I want to put my YouTube channel under it, and also any businesses associated with it.

:D

The Racing Driver

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Apr 20, 2015
Goa
May I know whether you went through the whole process manually through the gov e-registry or did you use one of those online platforms that claim to do everything for you for a single fee?

Can I trust those platforms?
Is there a chance I won't be able to get a corporate bank account? If so, why?

First-timer here, thanks a million!! :D

Yes I've opened one few years ago. You'll almost surely have to get a company secretary to help you open your company, because a Limited Company here requires that you have a company secretary and registered office address.

The online platforms you're talking about are simply companies who provide company secretarial services for a yearly fee. I opened mine through one of them. The reputable ones will definitely not be scams.

I'm assuming you're trying to set up an offshore company. In that case I have to say, there's a huge chance you will not be able to open up a business bank account here.

As someone who lives here, the banks have already started asking for tons of KYC information every year. For them, unless you're a huge offshore company they don't even bother entertaining anyone else. I've even heard stories about local business's bank accounts being closed down with no good explanation.

Feel free to drop me a message if you want to know about any specifics of setting up a company here.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 1, 2016
Low tax.

I want to put my YouTube channel under it, and also any businesses associated with it.

:D
Ok,i'll throw this just in case:
Most of the time you will be taxed at the place of doing business really and not where the business is registered (it means money you pay to yourself from business - salary or dividends).
"You" as in "person", so for example, if live USA and get paid from HK company to yourself, you'll get taxed by US.
You can keep money in HK company's bank account, pay HK corporate tax, and then move somewhere where tax is low and withdraw it there (idk, Cook Islands).

Be sure to read about that.

Sponsored Offers

FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Hi Mj, I just bought it. And reading it. I think is a great idea to write using the stories to...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
Great post @Fox, very much appreciated! How can I reach out to you? I sent you a PM a while...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Hey @Lex DeVille ! Having some issues with the NOREGRETS code? Udemy thinks it has expired...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Are you looking for a new, lesser-known but potentially very lucrative source of leads to your...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Thanks for the reply. Whats interesting is that I have an idea that's been cooking which...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom