The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Any wholeslers or home flippers ?

21elnegocio

WholeFlips Wholesaling Houses Virtually
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
Hi guys,
Any wholeselers or house flippers here ? What state do you flip in ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Owner2Millions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Feb 21, 2017
Chicago
I wholesale in chicago and Indiana. I'm about to start doing flips as well. It's kinda hard to balance that and try to focus on building a SAAS company

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21elnegocio

Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
I wholesale in chicago and Indiana. I'm about to start doing flips as well. It's kinda hard to balance that and try to focus on building a SAAS company

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do flips and wholesales, and yes it is very time consuming to do both. I still try to manage both though

CashFlowDepot

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
May 16, 2009
Central America
Hi guys,

For 20+ years I did wholesaling and flipping in Texas. But I moved to Panama about 6 years ago. In Panama i focus on buying with seller financing, master leasing, and building houses (<$30sf). It is cheaper to build houses in Panama than it would be to buy, fix and flip.

I'm glad to answer your questions about wholesaling and flipping, etc

Ron Tester

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
May 2, 2015
Texas
For 20+ years I did wholesaling and flipping in Texas. But I moved to Panama about 6 years ago. In Panama i focus on buying with seller financing, master leasing, and building houses (<$30sf). It is cheaper to build houses in Panama than it would be to buy, fix and flip.

I'm in Texas and just learning about wholesaling. Any resources you would recommend to a newbie?

Thanks,

Ron

21elnegocio

Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ

Awesome, I have been in real estate for 3 years so far. Wholesaling 1.5 years and it is going very well ! A lot of leg work but worth it. Why Panama !? What made you go out there ?

21elnegocio

Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ

Good stuff @CashFlowDepot How much do houses sell after they are built ? How much per square foot ?

Owner2Millions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Feb 21, 2017
Chicago
I'm in Texas and just learning about wholesaling. Any resources you would recommend to a newbie?

Thanks,

Ron
Marketing is key to finding houses and buyers. Just like in any business....without customers you have no business.Also get to know rehabs really really well especially if your planning on moving into Flips....even buying rentals.

My personal goals are to dominate the real estate and technology industry....well be extremely well heard.

21elnegocio

Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
Marketing is key to finding houses and buyers. Just like in any business....without customers you have no business.Also get to know rehabs really really well especially if your planning on moving into Flips....even buying rentals.

My personal goals are to dominate the real estate and technology industry....well be extremely well heard.

What state do you perform real estate services in @Elbert Dockery ?

CashFlowDepot

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
May 16, 2009
Central America
Good stuff @CashFlowDepot How much do houses sell after they are built ? How much per square foot ?

I moved to Panama about 7 years ago - for any reasons but my #1 objective was to live in a place where I'd never need an air conditioner or heater again. I live in the mountains where it is spring like weather every day with really fresh air so no need for an air conditioner. I love living in a country with very few regulations, a very strong economy, a stable government and no political tensions.

Some areas of Panama still have very affordable land. You can build a house for $30sf. There are NO property taxes for the first TWENTY years. Houses under $120,000 never have property taxes. Above $120k property taxes are only 1/2%. House insurance is super cheap too - less than $200 a year.

And because I live outside the US full time, I can take advantage of the foreign earned income exclusion - which means the first $103,000 of my income is tax free. Talk about FAST TRACK! When you don't have to pay so much in property taxes, insurance and income taxes but can instead re-invest your money in your business, you can achieve your objectives much faster.

I can still buy houses with seller financing ( usually 0%), do master leasing, wholesaling, flipping, etc.

I recently bought a 4 bedroom 2 bath house on 2.5 acreas next to the pacific ocean for $60,000 - with $6,000 down and $500 a month. There are many areas where you can buy a 1/2 acre ocean front lot for under $25k.

I've been leasing houses long term with super low monthly payments, then sub-leasing them as vacation rentals too.

Life is easier in Panama. If you have any other questions feel free to email me at jackie@cashflowdepot.com

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Hi guys,
Why do you wanna know? Are you thinking about it? I was flipping in the ghetto in Los Angeles when we still called it equity purchasing. Now it's a crowded field with very few good operators and very little profits. If you stick your toe in the pool, you need a lot of knowledge and a pocket of money to make it work.

Owner2Millions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Feb 21, 2017
Chicago
What state do you perform real estate services in @Elbert Dockery ?
I do the Chicago and Indiana markets. As @WJK mentioned it definitely is getting more and more crowded. Thanks to the gurus that market this to people. But the thing is many of them go about it wrong. Everyone should walk away from the table happy. Seller because they received funds for selling their house and the end buyer because they received a great cash flowing rental with 10% or better or a 20% for the ROI on a flip. Its been times where I had to lower my commission to make the deal go through, so the profits on each property is getting lower compared to what they use to be. Its not easy at all. Very tedious work, especially if the end buyer is out of town. That means you have to get involved with the rehab process.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.