The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Any tips on how to validate a mobile app service idea?

Idea threads

AgonI

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Jul 9, 2012
Saint Louis
Hi all,

I've been working on a mobile app for the past month but I haven't validated the idea yet. I believe it is a good idea and it will be a useful service but I want to validate it before I literally go all in and spend 24/7 hours to develop it.
I created "focus group"on Facebook where I've added few people who have same profile as my potential users.
Basically this is how I got them in the group:
1. Post in other FB groups/pages telling them if they can provide me feedback, I'll let them download and use the app/service free forever
2. Those who showed interest(about 5 people) were added in my group, and I asked them to review a list of features the app will have

Out of all those 5 people, none has responded with feedback yet. I am not sure why is this, I'm thinking it's because of the long description so they were too lazy and did not care to read it, or ..?

Do you have any other tips on how to validate my app ideas?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

healthstatus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 11, 2011
Indianapolis, IN USA
Buy some traffic and send it to a survey.

ask people what they would want in an app that ________________

why they want it, if they have tried anything, if they have what did they like an not like

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.