The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Any recommendations for business operating software?

Tara430

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Aug 7, 2007
NJ
I've been looking around for software to run a business i.e. inventory, invoices, receipts, accounting. Any ideas for the best easiest to use? Anything other than Quickbooks?

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Corrado79

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Sep 24, 2007
Santa Monica, CA
I've been looking around for software to run a business i.e. inventory, invoices, receipts, accounting. Any ideas for the best easiest to use? Anything other than Quickbooks?

Thanks!

Why not Quickbooks? I've heard it's good. You might to try Quicken as well.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I use quickbooks, I can't recommend anything else.

phlgirl

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 29, 2007
Philadelphia
What type of business? I use Quickbooks to run a real estate investment company -although not necessarily meant for this specific business type, once you tweak a few of the tools it is effective. Produces some good reports and makes my CPA's life easier. It is a good all-purpose solution for many business types. I would recommend some type of training before start-up. I have an accounting/software background and thought I could just figure it out, as I went along..... ended up rebuilding the company in my second year, due to the mess I created :)

Tara430

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Aug 7, 2007
NJ
Ok thanks guys! I was just wondering what else there is other than Quickbooks but it seems to be the choice of many.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
Peachtree seems to be another choice. I have used both Peachtree and Quickbooks. I definately prefer QB - but have known others that really like peachtree.

There are also "industry specific" programs.... For example - Symbio or Sitekey for Self-Storage. I'm sure there are software programs for other industries as well. I have used QB for years and I am now learning a self-storage software program. I HATE IT!!!! But I'm sure that 99% of that is just due to me having to learn a new program. (I am used to finding my way around efficiently)

Check with a trade association in your industry...

nomadjanet

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 28, 2007
TX
If you look at quickbooks there are many industry specific add on's you can buy that link with quickbooks. There are many qucikbooks certified people all over the country when you have problems. I have used peachtree & dackeasy, i like quickbooks better. I have also used a 15k industry specific stand alone program. i like quickbooks with a 3k add on better. easier to use & easier to customize.
Janet

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Tara You can also look up MS Dynamic GP (great planes) or Solomon. They are a little higher end

randallg99

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
I agree with Phlgirl. QB produces a nice and easy report that my accountant appreciates...I get to save some money, my cpa set up chart of accounts and they dont have to break down the reports

its left to tara430 to tell us what kind of business she needs the software for. Two of my businesses use very industry specific software and there is a big difference in needs if someone is managing 50 apartments or a 5mil per yr biz...

Tara430

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Aug 7, 2007
NJ
It's for the auto industry. I am opening up a performance shop along with selling the performance parts. After looking at QB more it looks like the best choice for me.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.