The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Any marketing tips for my english learning e-book

Marketing, social media, advertising

Anthony Mathapo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Jan 12, 2015
South Africa
Last year I introduced an e-book focusing on the beginning stages of helping non English speakers navigate through the phases and elements needed to start and effectively learn the English language. My target is Portuguese and Spanish native tongue speakers.

The book is on my site and has not really been marketed enough. I am a self publisher looking for ideas on how I can further my exposure so I can start seeing sales. I am very new at this and sense that I am missing a few tools. I also think that I should cut the pricing and opt for something affordable.

THIS IS THE LANDING PAGE FOR MY E-BOOK http://travelindustryenglish.com/e-books/english-for-beginners-the-english-learning-starter-pack/

advice would really help a lot

best, Anthony

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

EricZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 18, 2014
Germany & California
Hi Anthony,
1.) You have no way of collecting emails on your website, in the beginning you should make email your number ONE focus.
Check out http://okdork.com/2014/03/11/get-first-100-email-subscribers/
2.) Reader magnets by Nick Stephenson - another great way of growing your platform to reach your "1000 true fans"
www.noorosha.com
3.) And then of course there's my stuff www.zbooks.co, I am more involved in getting beginners books on amazon, i.e. formatting etc.

For Ebook marketing look no further than:
1.Nick Stephenson
2.John Locke
3. Bart Baggett
4.Noah Kagan

Hope this helps,

Hicks

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Aug 28, 2013
UK
Hi, at the risk of sounding arrogant....I know quite a lot about this subject. you can pm me if you like....

but the main problem with your site is that.....
....it's in English! You need to get the site up in the target language.
I think Spanish and Portuguese are ok...For dealing with the hospitality trade I've noticed that Brazil is pretty good. But the big market is Germany....you really need to take a look at that.

A few other things is that it's not consistent... most of the site is in English but the about me is in Spanish. I spotted one page that was in English but had a Spanish title in the address bar. You really need to go through this with a fine tooth comb and get it sorted.

Anthony Mathapo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Jan 12, 2015
South Africa
Thanks a lot for the advice, I'll start working on the site and e-book strategies. Being new at this and having to make those decisions was a bit nerve wrecking.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I recently recommended a book to @Red on Guerilla Marketing for Authors. If she has had a chance to read it yet, maybe she can give you a few pointers or a thumbs up/down recommendation on the book.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
I agree with what has already been said.

1) If you are targeting Portuguese speaking market, your lander should be in Portuguese !

2) Instead of selling something to people, offer VALUE upfront at no cost. i.e Offer people a FREE 7 Day Crash Course In English that touches up on some of the things you cover in your ebook - provide them with lots of useful info & content - for 7 days straight (not trying to sell to them at all). Then on Day 7 mention about your ebook that you have a ebook that is goes into MORE detail and provides ever MORE VALUE than what they've already gotten and it will make them be able to converse and write in English in x weeks or what ever.

3) Your landing page SUCKS. Outsource that shit if you don't know how to make landing pages.

Check out this one: http://themeforest.net/item/ebook-unbounce-template/10892625

Demo: http://themeforest.net/item/ebook-unbounce-template/full_screen_preview/10892625

4) You need to get into the mind of your potential audience.... what are they thinking?

"You don't look like you've put any effort into your website = does that mean you've put just as little effort into your ebook? Maybe, I am not going to give you my email or download buy your ebook."

5) For marketing you probably want to use FB ads. You'll be able to build up a followers /a email list pretty quick that way. May I suggest you go to youtube and start watching at least 3-5 videos on FB ads that are 20+ minutes long !

Do those things and let us know the results and the data and we can help you from there.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.