The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Another scathing STFA MLM indictment... (Advocare)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
STFA = Stay The F*ck Away

With the Saints QB leading the way, AdvoCare is using its sports ties to build a nutrition empire. But is the company really pushing false hope?

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/sto...utrition-empire-endorsed-saints-qb-drew-brees

One weekend in early 2013, thousands of people trekked to the Fort Worth Convention Center in Texas, gathering to celebrate a company that promised to liberate them from the drudgery of their 9-to-5 lives. They cheered through countless inspirational speeches, pounding energy drinks and pumping their fists as higher-ranking members spoke about how they had turned their lives around with the help of AdvoCare, which is short for Advocates Who Care.

circleChart3.png

The audio version of the story...

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=15008154

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=15008181

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
That graph says it all. Holy cow, who would ever get involved in something with a payoff structure that looked like that?

ChickenHawk

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Aug 16, 2012
Butt in Chair
A few years ago, one of the fitness instructors at our local gym invited my husband to a special, high-intensity workout session across town. Because she'd been a good instructor, and my husband was training for a triathalon, he got on his gym clothes, drove 45 minutes, and arrived there only to receive a 20-minute workout, followed by an hour-long MLM pitch.

He was disgusted. And yup, it was for AdvoCare.

To this day, we still refer to this trainer as Albacore (because it SOUNDS like AdvoCare, but is fishy, like that whole MLM scam.)

My husband: "Hey, I saw Albacore at Kroger today."
Me: "Oh crap! Did she see you?"
My Husband: "No way. I got the hell out of there."

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
The town I'm living in right now has a limited number of gyms, but the one I would prefer to go to has Advocare shit plastered all over the walls and on the front of the damn building. Forget that noise.

Anyone who's ever been tricked into going to an MLM pitch, notice how they never tell you what it is until 20 minutes after you get there?

"Hey, a few friends are (over here) for drinks." Well, it is Friday night, might as well see what they're up to. Didn't expect protein shakes and triangular tiered income based bullshit.

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Funny how these clowns always can't be straight up with you... they have to suck you in under false pretenses hoping social proof will keep you seated in your chair while some figurehead talks about how you're going to be the next millionaire...

SYK

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Mar 24, 2014
Funny how these clowns always can't be straight up with you... they have to suck you in under false pretenses hoping social proof will keep you seated in your chair while some figurehead talks about how you're going to be the next millionaire...

The fact they do this shows deep down - probably not even that deep - they know what they're doing is murky; but the empty promises of unbridled riches and the desire for effortless wealth motivates them nonetheless.

vinylawesome

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Aug 11, 2012
"One distributor's slideshow depicts page after page of top salespeople: a former baseball coach and teacher (it says they make $12,000 a month), an ex-police officer and teacher ($60,000 a month) and a pair of former cheer coaches ($35,000 a month). Former distributors say presentations like this are frequently shared with new recruits. "They're showing you pictures of people in mansions and on extravagant vacations," says Lisa Ranieri, a distributor who pursued the business for several years before giving up."

Money Chasing :(

Source
: http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/sto...utrition-empire-endorsed-saints-qb-drew-brees

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.