The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Another Hello from Arizona

EPerceptions

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jun 6, 2013
Virginia/Arizona
Hello everyone, I'm Kathy.

I've been reading MJ's book and browsing the forums for several days, so today I decided to sign up. I'm a bit older than many here (early 40's) and with the exception of an 18 month stint at a dotcom, I've been self-employed since 1997. I've made pretty much every mistake there is. :smx4:So I'm here to refocus, interact with successful people, and put some of my experiences to much better use.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Nomad

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Mar 6, 2013
Welcome Kathy!

I have a question :)

What was the worst mistake you made, and how did you overcome it?

EPerceptions

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jun 6, 2013
Virginia/Arizona
Thanks for the welcome :)

Biggest mistake? Providing services that aren't scalable. I consistently found myself with nothing much better than work at home jobs. I had a measure of freedom and enough money to keep everything rolling but when a project/client was done I had to drum up another.

odai

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 4, 2013
Kansas City
Thanks for the welcome :)

Biggest mistake? Providing services that aren't scalable. I consistently found myself with nothing much better than work at home jobs. I had a measure of freedom and enough money to keep everything rolling but when a project/client was done I had to drum up another.

This. I've become convinced that the big secret to wealth is scale. To quote Joshua Kennon:

Those who grow very wealthy very quickly sell items that are scalable. That is, beyond the first product, there is little or no additional labor, time, or capital required to produce incremental units. Authors, musicians, software companies, video game firms, mutual funds, perfume houses, and pharmaceutical businesses belong to this group. In other words, it takes Johnson & Johnson $1 billion to produce the first pill. Beyond that, it’s all profit.

Source

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...