The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Another big goof.

^eagle^

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Mar 17, 2008
Florida
Hey gang. It's your favorite misfit reporting in. Just to let you know I am still alive. I had a recent run in. That has set me back once again. When researching a potential partner or buyer of a business Due diligence is essential.

I went into a business venture with my stepson. I won't go into the details of the business but he was doing most of the grunt work while I offered to do the back Office work. He got into some trouble and long story I ended up having to sell the business.

I sold it to someone who had similar qualities of my step son. Unfortunately I found out much too late he was a bullshit artist of the worst kind. Right now I am so broke I cant even afford to pursue civil charges against this bastard. It pays to do your due diligence on ANYONE you are working with whether a business partner or a buyer of a business. Now I have to come up with funds to sue his a$$. Not fun. I cant stress enough how due diligence is a REQUIREMENT when you are going to sell someone your business or go into a partnership. Pay the $30 and do your research. It will save you thousands in the long run.

I always look for the good in people. I guess inbusiness you have to expect the worst. that is all for now. Oh I made 25% on a trade today in forex so life aint all bad. Just wish I had the capital from my business sale to compound instead of a paltry savings. I'll get there. Tenacity is key. Despite my obstacles I will reach what I am looking for.

My advice to the single with no dependents, Stay that way til your first five million. Women are expensive. LOL.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
It's not the women that cost you, it's the poor decision making that led to you choosing her to partner with.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
I'd have to agree with Red.

Have you read any of Mark Cuban's books? I'm going to share a lesson I learned from one of his books. When Cuban started his first business, he worked his a$$ off, and had about $75k to his name in the business. His secretary wrote a check for $75,000, forged his signature, went to his bank, cached it, and ran off with the money. What did Mark Cuban do (keep in mind, he was now broke, that was his only money he had to his name)? He got right back to working on his business. He didn't go after her, hunt her down, or sue her.

He realized that there would be no benefit in going after her, and his time was better spent working on his business. He was able to separate emotion from his decision making, and made the decision to move onward.

I suggest you think about that before pursuing a hard fought battle that will consume your time and energy, and that, in the end, will probably not produce the result you're searching for.

^eagle^

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Mar 17, 2008
Florida
I'd have to agree with Red.

Have you read any of Mark Cuban's books? I'm going to share a lesson I learned from one of his books. When Cuban started his first business, he worked his a$$ off, and had about $75k to his name in the business. His secretary wrote a check for $75,000, forged his signature, went to his bank, cached it, and ran off with the money. What did Mark Cuban do (keep in mind, he was now broke, that was his only money he had to his name)? He got right back to working on his business. He didn't go after her, hunt her down, or sue her.

He realized that there would be no benefit in going after her, and his time was better spent working on his business. He was able to separate emotion from his decision making, and made the decision to move onward.

I suggest you think about that before pursuing a hard fought battle that will consume your time and energy, and that, in the end, will probably not produce the result your'e searching for.
Thank you. Although in my situation the girl and the business are unrelated! I have thought about this and may wait for my step son to finish his incarceration and have him pursue it instead as he is single and doesnt have the obligations I do. Not that I mind my obligations. I wouldnt trade them for the world! And hopefully I can give them enough feedback they can learn from my mistakes.

It does take a lot of effort to track down those responsible. the court costs are minimal and I could probably represent myself. I am deciding whether the return on the investment would be worth it. My mind tells me no and my heart says wait for my step son to be released. We shall see. In the meantime I'll start over with a new venture. Tenacity will triumph.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
We choose our relationships.

Tenacity will triumph.

Tenacity is worthless if you keep making poor decisions. Tenacity will only increase the velocity of the poor consequences that result from poor decision making.

To borrow a proverb from the investment world, you'd be throwing good money after bad... in this case, good time after bad.

But then again, some people love to dwell within their failures instead of learning and moving forward.

^eagle^

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Mar 17, 2008
Florida
We choose our relationships.

Tenacity is worthless if you keep making poor decisions. Tenacity will only increase the velocity of the poor consequences that result from poor decision making.

To borrow a proverb from the investment world, you'd be throwing good money after bad... in this case, good time after bad.

But then again, some people love to dwell within their failures instead of learning and moving forward.

I don't know. Maybe I'm too much of a pollyanna to be a business entrepeneur. I try to see the good in people and strive for a win-win. I'm coming to terms that most people are out for themselves only and out to get whats in it from them. haven't had much experience dealing with people in business. managing yes, business partners no. Lesson learned is do your homework and don't trust. Get it all in writing and follow the back ground check. If I had been more diligent in background checking I would not have made the deal.

Thats why I like Forex. At least I know I am dealing with a cold heartless bitch that will take my money without a second thought.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I went into a business venture with my stepson.

My advice to the single with no dependents, Stay that way til your first five million. Women are expensive.

How does your wife fit into all of this? She abetting her son? Marriage in danger? The last statement implies so.

^eagle^

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Mar 17, 2008
Florida
How does your wife fit into all of this? She abetting her son? Marriage in danger? The last statement implies so.

which wife? My step son who is incarcerated is from my first wife. My ex wife and I had several plans to go into business and entrepeneuralship together but when her Pot pourii pie business failed (don't ask) I asked her to get a part time job once our daughter was in school. She refused and things went down hill from there with me being the bread winner. My latest finacee' is on unemployment while going to school and working MLM while I am working and looking for fastllane opportunities. So not sure who you are interested. YEs I know I made bad decisions. Don't rub it in. I'm in it for the kids at this point. One of them is going to get it. I'll worry about me once the nest is empty.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Thats why I like Forex. At least I know I am dealing with a cold heartless bitch that will take my money without a second thought.

I have never seen a business in which this wasn't a true statement. You want to see a cut throat business? Try dealing with Christian media publishers (like bible suppliers).

Nobody's looking out for you. Maybe now you realize that fully, and only then are you ready to move forward.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.