The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Another App Developer

Appreneur

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 20, 2017
Germany
I am working on Apps since 2012 and have them published in all major stores. I have more than a million downloads, but I am really bad at monetizing. I have started this as a side-hustle to my corporate white-collar job, but I decided to change this view. My goal is to reach financial independence for me and my family.

Yes, I know that Apps are againts the C of CENTS. :)

I will continue this path to see what I can reach. If the C of CENTS will be an insurmountable obstacle, I will do something else.

I am currently developing a mvp (minimal viable product) for a different kind of app, which I have not done so far. Goal is to increase revenue per user to a high amount.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.
There are a lot of businesses which are successful and break some of the CENTS.

App stores are a unavoidable aspect of your chosen business. Focus on minimising risk, rather than cutting apple out.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Yes, I know that Apps are againts the C of CENTS.

Not really, on the scale of 1 to 10, I'd put it at a 4 of 10 -- 10 being the best control, 1 the worst.

May I ask why you aren't monetizing? Do your apps have premium upgrades (Assuming they're freemium.)

Appreneur

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 20, 2017
Germany
My apps are games and in the past, I was heavenly relying on advertising. This is volatile, sometimes fill rates are low etc. pp.
( I am approaching 100.000 USD in lifetime revenue - not the case that I did not made any money at all)

The apps get very decent reviews, usually 4,5 out of 5,0 and better.

I am currently developing a much larger game with In-App-Purchases to go from the advertising model to IAP-model. My existing games have a user base and through cross-promotion, what I also do now, I want to drive the traffic.

At the end, it is:
Traffic x Installs/View x Revenue/Install. And my goal at the moment is to improve Revenue/Install in my next app.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

pbellot

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
May 27, 2017
Gulfport, Ms
As you know, it's a tough market to be in. Not to mention, if you don't have 1 or 2 stand alone apps/products, your kinda at the will of the market. You can either create a few apps a year and the collective revenue could support you (like @_DavidSmith on Twitter) or have one solid app and monetize it well with IAP and Search (ala @MarcoArment on Twitter with Overcast).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...