The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Animated Video Options

Marketing, social media, advertising

AdamMaxum

a worthy successor indeed
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Apr 30, 2011
NY
Thinking about creating (buying) a couple animated videos to intro people to a new business when they land on my website.. explain how it works in a minute or two, that kind of thing.

The videos that look like this..
go-animate-video.png

Has anyone purchased these before? What was your experience? Are they effective or a waste of money? How much did you spend? and finally, should I use a business that specializes in this or find a freelancer?

Thanks for any help.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Midas

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jun 10, 2016
Thinking about creating (buying) a couple animated videos to intro people to a new business when they land on my website.. explain how it works in a minute or two, that kind of thing.

The videos that look like this..
go-animate-video.png

Has anyone purchased these before? What was your experience? Are they effective or a waste of money? How much did you spend? and finally, should I use a business that specializes in this or find a freelancer?

Thanks for any help.
Like everything it depends on how much you want to spend. I used powtoons which has a free version but there are better explainer video services out there. There are freelancers on fiverr that do really good work but can run you $250- $500. I paid under $20 for the one below which included the voiceover and script. I'm sure you want something better than this though.

AdamMaxum

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Apr 30, 2011
NY
Like everything it depends on how much you want to spend. I used powtoons which has a free version but there are better explainer video services out there. There are freelancers on fiverr that do really good work but can run you $250- $500. I paid under $20 for the one below which included the voiceover and script. I'm sure you want something better than this though.

Thanks for the insight. $20 for that video? Not bad at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

AdamMaxum

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Apr 30, 2011
NY
Crap I even saw that thread sorry. Thanks for posting here.

Doesn't look like any good replies yet. I'll go ahead and scout the options this week..talk with people and companies and report back on what I find as far as options and costs. I see a lot of these videos on websites so I figure someone out there has gone thru the process already.

AdamMaxum

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Apr 30, 2011
NY
I did some research on these videos and this is what I've found..

1. You can buy the nice, expensive videos from businesses that specialize in explainer videos for anywhere from 3k-5k+ and up. These are the ones where they can shoot real video and high quality. I wouldn't go thru one of these unless you had a company making decent money already.

2. I put out a job on Upwork and got a lot of applicants. There are actually a good number of video guys on there who have decent portfolios and the prices are not absurd. Most guys wanted somewhere between 1200-2k for everything. You could probably find someone with less reviews to do it for somewhere between 500-1k.

3. Finally you have the do it yourself platforms...like Powtoons. Since we're all about saving time and not learning something that won't be helpful in the future...I'd probably avoid these by yourself unless you're on a shoestring budget. In that case, use one of these platforms, throw together a video and do the script voice over yourself or write the script and have someone on fiverr do a voice over for you.

The right option for you is probably determined by your budget and what you're using the video for. For my needs, option 2 is probably best but I also have another option I'm considering. A guy on upwork quoted me the below..

"I charge per video - 250.00 for up to 90 sec. video and 50.00 for each 30 sec. thereafter. I will provide a draft to examine with the final output at full HD resolution of 1080p. For script creation, I charge 70.00 or for script modification there is a $50 charge. I also provide voiceover at no extra charge or can utilize a voiceover you provide. I keep in constant communication with you over Upwork mail. "

He apparently specializes in creating anything you want using Powtoons. Here's his youtube portfolio - AnimationDoc

He's got 5 star rating w/lot of reviews on upwork....so for less than $500...you can get a pretty good video done. Might go with this guy unless I decide I need something custom/fancy in the video. I can PM you his upwork profile if anyone is interested. *I have no ties to this guy. Just a random contractor that applied to my job post*

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.