The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

AndyTalks With Black_Dragon43 About Tools, Teaching, Agency, Focus & Productivity

Marketing, social media, advertising

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I had a chat with @Black_Dragon43 for the first time this morning and we figured some people might want to listen in.

We covered:
  1. Tools.
  2. Teaching.
  3. Agencies & Scaling.
  4. Selling Transformation not a Service.
  5. Focus and scheduling time.

Apologies for my sound quality. I didn't realise our kids had unplugged my headphones/mic and I was being recorded on my laptop mic.

> Click here to listen to the recording <

What were your takeaways?

What will you do differently going forward?

(For other recordings click HERE.)

Here's the recording as video if you prefer:

View: https://youtu.be/a0vL3Fcy_gI

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Tudor, I wanted to compliment you on your website's design, it's not only clear but highly professional.
Thank you :praise:

This part of the video, for me, was most pertinent and the genesis of a successful business. I've alluded to it previously when I considered the idea of building brands (summarized with 4 words - "never sell the product").

I think Tudor is spot on when he mentions that - ultimately - people are buying a transformation (at some level) and are looking for you to provide it. How you achieve said transformation determines the type of person who shows up to buy it.

Starting at creating a profound result is the cornerstone to successful marketing and without it, you'll find it hard to achieve any sort of substantive success. Video quality was good although it would have been good to see more structure in the discussion (preferably with timestamps). I think Tudor was doing this with his podcast previously.
Absolutely, people buy the transformation, not the product. And the more abstract the product is, the more important selling the transformation is.

Let’s say I sell coaching. Coaching is fundamentally just words right? I can’t sell just words for $10,000 - nobody would buy that. I need to sell the transformation they will achieve.

But suppose I now sell cleaning services. Everyone knows what cleaning looks like and what the transformation achieved is. So I can just sell cleaning and get the same result as selling the transformation.

This fact though obscures what is really happening and deceives people. People start thinking that someone is paying for the service, just because they react to the service just as well as to the transformation in the case of something concrete like cleaning. And then they go to selling coaching and cry “ughh no one is paying me even $5 for 30 minutes!” (i literarily spoke with someone on LinkedIn, and they were complaining how they can’t even get people to pay $5 — and they were shocked when I told them that it’s as hard to get someone to pay $5 as it is to get them to pay $10,000. Might as well hunt for the latter).

The other important factor apart from selling the transformation, is selling to rich people. Check my discussion with Andy here:
MARKETING - Perry Marshall's Espresso Machine Principle

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Thank you for doing this Andy - recording, and then preparing the recording for the other people on the forum to listen to :smile:

My biggest takeaways from our conversation were:
• New tools to consider for hosting courses - going to try New Zenler in parallel with Kajabi to see what it's like, and if I like it will momentarily consider switching.
• More power goes to creators through tools like Descript for creating and managing YouTube content - loved the feature where you can cut the video up by playing with the transcript
• Be wary of consuming, since that is very different from producing. A very interesting point - to become a better producer, you need to practice producing, which is different than consuming.
• Focus - distractions spread your energy and prevent you from the maximum achievement you're capable of

rpeck90

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
Nov 26, 2016
United Kingdom
Interesting discussion! Brilliant to see faces.

Tudor, I wanted to compliment you on your website's design, it's not only clear but highly professional.

Andy, I wanted to compliment you on your rhetoric and honesty. It's easy to fake a persona online - seeing someone living in accordance with their ideals is inspiring.

View: https://youtu.be/a0vL3Fcy_gI?t=4331

This part of the video, for me, was most pertinent and the genesis of a successful business. I've alluded to it previously when I considered the idea of building brands (summarized with 4 words - "never sell the product").

I think Tudor is spot on when he mentions that - ultimately - people are buying a transformation (at some level) and are looking for you to provide it. How you achieve said transformation determines the type of person who shows up to buy it.

Starting at creating a profound result is the cornerstone to successful marketing and without it, you'll find it hard to achieve any sort of substantive success. Video quality was good although it would have been good to see more structure in the discussion (preferably with timestamps). I think Tudor was doing this with his podcast previously.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I'm slightly amazed people watch a video for that long.

Andy, I wanted to compliment you on your rhetoric and honesty. It's easy to fake a persona online - seeing someone living in accordance with their ideals is inspiring.
Thank you.

I'm always a bit taken aback (and humbled) by comments like this. It's just me being me, bouncing around, trying to help people. I'm aware I sometimes interrupt too much because something else popped into my head that I want to tell people about. That's something I'll try and work on (maybe I take notes while people speak and then go through them when they've finished speaking). @Black_Dragon43 ... thanks for putting up with me interrupting you!

Hmmm. Is it easy it is to fake a persona online? Maybe it's harder if it's raw and unedited footage.

Video quality was good although it would have been good to see more structure in the discussion (preferably with timestamps). I think Tudor was doing this with his podcast previously.
I agree. I'll see if I can add a bit of structure to these chats, although they're really just recordings of a couple of people shooting the breeze. I think a good list of contents with timestamps would be super helpful. I'll see how I can get those created.

Isn't it funny too, that my lighting was shocking, I'm using a rubbish laptop camera, and an even more rubbish laptop mic. It makes you wonder about all the talk on YouTube of upgrading your mic, camera, and lights.

Ahhh... I bit my lip here as I thought it would be the subject of a whole 'nother chat. I run paid search ads for people looking for home services, often emergency home services. When someone searches "emergency plumber dublin" then I know what to put in the ad, and I know they want a tap-to-call button on the landing page. There's no clever copy needed. No "transformation" involved. I don't care why they want to buy, just that they want to buy.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I've updated the description on YouTube to this. I'll see if we can add those chapter things later.

I had a chat with Tudor who ran an 18 man marketing agency but is passionate about teaching.

Here's Tudor's YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCePNozazFFzLw5QilUKt_rg

And Tudor on LinkedIn:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/tudorfd

Head over to thefastlaneforum if you want to join the discussion on this video:
> https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/andytalks-with-black_dragon43-about-tools-teaching-agency-focus-productivity.104898

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.