The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Andy's AdWords Course - Get found by the people already looking for you

Juan Pimentel

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Jul 10, 2019
Mesa Arizona
Gosh. A “shut up and take my money” moment. I’ve had a few of these lately.

I’ve upped my video creation game recently with various new YouTube channels and progress threads on the forum.

I have to figure out a process of publishing quality content regularly while still working on my lead gen business. And I’m watching to see if I can sustain a weekly or monthly publishing schedule indefinitely.

I’m quite enjoying the video creation, so am definitely a step closer to creating a membership site.

By the way, you can find those new progress threads in my signature at the moment, and I send out emails to people who’ve signed up for the free lessons in The AdWords Jumpstart course.

Why thank you. It’s my pleasure.

I learn so much from people’s feedback, so thank you for commenting.
If i buy the jump start course will i also have access to the new program or should i just wait?

Juan Pimentel

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Jul 10, 2019
Mesa Arizona
If I create a membership then I’d want to reward those who bought the current course rather than penalise them.

I’d somehow get everyone into the new membership for a complimentary period.

I haven’t pulled the trigger on this as I’ve a few things to mull over still. Pricing? Annual, quarterly, or monthly subscriptions? Can I commit to creating content monthly or weekly? What content do people even want monthly or weekly? One offering or “streams”? Thinkific, Kajabi, or something else? Etc...

My main consideration is whether I can do this alongside my main business, or if it’s a distraction. In some ways it’s a distraction, but it also seems to be an itch I have to scratch.
Just let me know asap

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Just let me know asap

Asap?

Seriously bro? I'm a little annoyed for Andy, and I don't even know the guy. @Juan Pimentel are you pressuring Andy to finish something he might not even want to do just so you can get started on your dreams?

Come on man...

What are you afraid of? That you'll have to pay twice? Ok, worst case, let's say you do. Based on what you know about Andy, don't you think you'll receive way more in value than what you paid?

So what are you waiting for? You obviously know you want to buy it. Why is Andy the excuse for you waiting?

Like I said, I don't know Andy, but I've at least met you. And I think we're going to be friends, and have lunch regularly, etc. So in the spirit of that future friendship, I'm going to point out:

You said asap. So you need something as soon as possible.

So I would like to see you take some action As Soon As Possible. And I want to hear all about it on March 13th, if not sooner. Brown guys gotta stick together.

I'll make you a deal. If you buy this course today, I'll buy your lunch at the next meetup. I'll even throw in an adult beverage of your choice to celebrate taking action. Andy, let me know if he does...

Asap. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I’m guessing “asap” is a trigger word for @BizyDad...

Someone just asked:

I also realise a few comments mentioned that your course not meant for beginners? Am I reading correctly or have I mistaken something?

I am interested in your course mainly one of the comment made was about setting up campaign and renting out to business owners. Will like to test out on my business as well to see how I can start to get more leads in. Concerns will be the budget set aside to give to Google - like is it going to be alot or if is minimum, does that I mean I reach a smaller group of audience?

How does SEO and SEM compliment each other too?

The course is designed to get people to the point they understand WHAT to do and WHY, and also shows them HOW to create their first campaign so they’re running within a couple of hours.

It’s suitable for people who’ve never logged into Google Ads, and likely helps people who are running campaigns but not fully understanding what they’re doing and why.

I recommend people start with $5/day or $10/day budgets while they learn. I do that with my own projects too.

People don’t misunderstand what SEM means. They say SEM when they mean to say “paid search”.

SEM is Search Engine Marketing, meaning it is marketing using search engines. That means it includes SEO, paid search, GMB, etc.

So SEM includes SEO.

If you’re asking how SEO and Paid Search compliment each other then consider this: what do you want to rank for organically? You can use tools to get keyword volumes, but how will you know the actual volumes you’ll get, and your CPCs and CPAs? I humbly suggest paid search buys the data to inform SEO efforts.

Oh, and clicks from SEO aren’t free. They cost in time or money or both.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Anchorsteam

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 4, 2022
No, this is not strictly for local targeting and consulting.

I've a couple of eCommerce clients and the strategies and style of campaigns I create for local lead gen clients is working a treat for them. I've also had various PMs from people doing eCommerce who've applied various strategies and techniques I've posted about and who've seen great results.

The first part of the course could be described as mindset. Determine the **buying** search terms.

The second part of the course is how to create ads in front of people using those buying search terms.

Yep. See above.

Aha. Good question, but too open ended.

What results do you want to see? Your ad being displayed when you type in a buying search term? This can happen within a couple of hours.

Visitors of people searching with your search term? Well that depends on whether people are actually searching for what you're bidding on.

Enquiries and sales? Well that depends on your landing page and your offer and how well your offer compares to the competition.

Something I always tell new clients is that I can't promise results, only that we'll follow a process that will either get the results they want, or will allow them to fail fast.

Follow the process and results shall follow.

The first stage is getting the ads running and then counting impressions (see if people are searching). At that stage you can run on a whiff of spend. Even just $100 should be fine.

Yes, for forum INSIDERS. See the third post in this thread for a link to where you can find the forum INSIDERS discount code.

It's probably better you don't have a marketing degree and don't have to unlearn so much stuff.
Hey…this sounds great. I know the offer has changed, but can this info be used to manage multiple clients local accounts effectively and allow me to confidently promote a ppc management business? Thanks

Anchorsteam

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 4, 2022
Yes. Quite a few students who've been through the lessons have multiple local or eCommerce clients. The new membership also has modules on acquiring clients and managing client projects.
That’s fantastic…much appreciated. I’ll sign up. I also sent you an email from pompano**********@gmail

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
@Andy Black - How did I miss you had a course. Quick question - would this course work well to train up a complete newbie? I'm training up a new staff member in social and paid advertising and so would be great if I could just hand the Adwords part over to "you"!

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
@Andy Black - How did I miss you had a course. Quick question - would this course work well to train up a complete newbie? I'm training up a new staff member in social and paid advertising and so would be great if I could just hand the Adwords part over to "you"!
Yep. Newbie friendly. Check out some of the reviews in the comments.

It's also for people who've been doing AdWords a while. Just because I've summarised it down to an hour doesn't mean it's not powerful stuff. :)

Napoolion

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Feb 8, 2014
How do you pause campaigns if a client (or you) goes on holiday?

Normal ways:
  • Select each campaign and change the green button to paused.
  • OR select all campaigns, or a few campaigns, then click "Edit > Pause".

Minor problems:

• The AdWords algorithm likely rechecks campaigns that were paused and unpaused. Not what we want if campaigns have been built years ago and are maybe non-compliant with current policies.
  • There might have already been campaigns that are paused and supposed to stay paused. How will we know which ones to unpause later on?

Simple solution:

• This works if we're using a shared budget(s) across all the campaigns.
  • Name the Shared budget as "Shared €xx" where xx is the size of the daily budget.
  • When you want to "pause" the campaigns, just set the shared budget to €0.01 (you can just click the amount and make the change).
  • When you want to "unpause" the campaigns, set the shared budget back to xx.

View attachment 15503

Hey Andy, great post. What do you think about the old ads format and new expanded text ads format? A bit vague question, but do you think now the newer expandable text ads might perform a little better, or worse?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I'm late as hell with this review...but since I've been getting my skin in the game with Adwords, it would only be right for me to say some cool things about this guy Andy Black. I greatly appreciate him and the info on this forum and in his course times a million.

The course, of course has been the missing piece to the puzzle (outside of the forum info) which I was blessed to have gotten my hands on.

If you have a local biz or looking to do some agency stuff..I highly suggest you get his course.

Save yourself the trouble.

Thanks Andy you are a true hero when it comes to this industry!!
Thanks for leaving some feedback @Kelsey123. Rep+

I'm curious... now that you've been through the course and have some campaigns running, how have all the posts I've dropped in here differed from the first time you read them?

What's your current biggest takeaway from what you've done and learned to date?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
@Andy Black I've read through most of your adwords posts and also been listening into the audios you've uploaded. Really excellent content so thank you for sharing your knowledge with us! I've started my own adwords campaign, have a few landing pages running (each localised) and getting some click-throughs. I was a bit hesitant to get the course as I wanted to try to get more traction first, but the glowing reviews it's received have convinced me to just bite the bullet now. I can't wait to get stuck in and take things to the next level!
Thanks Tina (and everyone for their glowing reviews).

I saw your signup and payment come through this evening. I sent you an email with a link to the private Facebook group too.

Welcome aboard!

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thought I would share this. I have a client who runs Adwords seasonally. They asked me to take over their account.

Below is a screenshot of his own paused campaign from last year that they set up themselves, and the live one which I have been running below that - I set up a new campaign for the client after I had taken Andy's course.

adwordsclient_3.png

Almost halved the spend, better CTR, Lower click costs. Client is happy as you can imagine.
Good work Marc, and thanks for the writeup. Rep+

How many days/weeks did each campaign run for? Is it comparable?

What about enquiries, signups, or sales? Has the conversion rate and conversion value stayed the same or changed?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Roughly the same period so reasonably comparable.

In terms of sales, he's saying good, but not shared any data with me yet - I actually developed a new lander for them too. My instinct says it's been a good exercise for him - he's continued to pay £250 a day on Adwords... so...
Very nice.

In your screenshot you're not showing Impression Share. Has that gone up too?

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016
I've been on the AdWords Jumpstart for a couple of weeks now and though I am not entirely through the course yet, I feel it's time for me to share my progress and results so far.

The service I am promoting

A Physiotherapy, health a wellness clinic that my wife just opened in Oakville, Ontario, here is the website: Welcome

How I started before starting the course

I started running an AdWords Express campaign as recommended by Google with....139 Keywords, none of which included the name of the city :/. What was I thinking...

While it did produce views and some visits, none of them converted into calls, call back request or online booking. Not the expected results, obviously

View attachment 16423

After the AdWords Jumpstart

I than paused this campaign and ran another one and found out that this is an extremely competitive space and that I need to bid up to $10.00 CPC if I wanted to rank on the search. 2 keywords ended up being the most effective, but really expensive. The ad is only targeting the cities of Oakville and Burlington Ontario.

View attachment 16425 View attachment 16426 View attachment 16427

I've also enabled add extensions to help boosting the campaign.

The Results

So far the the AdWord campaign generated 2 online bookings and 6 phone calls, 2 of which converted into bookings, all of them into recurring bookings.
That's not a bad, considering the cost of a treatment but still not quite what I expected.

We're now looking for a way to better optimize that campaign as we can't afford to continue spending so much at the moment.

What's next?

We found out that most of the actions were taken on Tuesdays and Fridays so we will only be running the AdWord campaign on those days for a maximum budget of $50/day.
I also need to perform a more in depth audit of the campaign, get a better understanding of what works and what doesn't. I also need to look for Is there any cheaper more effective keyword I could be using so I will try the following:

Bronte +Physiotherapy
West Oakville +Physiotherapy
South West Oakville +Physiotherapy
Central Oakville +Physiotherapy

Repeat with Massage Therapy.

I will be following up on the progress within the next two weeks.

Thanks a lot for reading!

Considering the small size of Oakville, do you think that localls will be searching so narrowly?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Andy I would like to sign up to your course . Can you please send me discount code? Thank you.
Sent. Thanks for your consideration.

EDIT: Gosh... just spotted you joined TFLF yesterday too @Kevin K , and you've only posted to get the coupon code.

I'm curious. How did you find the forum?

MDbCGVw.png

Last edited:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hey Andy, I haven't been around the forum long but it's been long enough to know that you provide a ton of value wherever you leave a foot print. AdWords is one of the critical skills I need to master. Please send me the INSIDERS's discount code if still available. I'm looking forward to being under your tutelage. HH
PM sent. Will let you know the URL for the wee forum once you’ve bought. Looking forward to helping you. Andy

Love the avatar btw. Haha.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hey Andy,

Can you please PM me the discount code? I've been putting off doing this but the summit made me realize, I can't wait any longer... Thanks in advance!
PM sent.

Thanks for considering the course!

Robert_R

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
600%
Jun 8, 2017
New Mexico
Are there any discount code still available?

momomaurice

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
When I got started in AdWords back in 2009, I purchased a $2k course from a guy called Glenn Livingston. (I believe Ryan Levesque was Glenn’s top student and developed The Ask Method from this very same course.)

In it Glenn used AdWords to map out the search continuum (what people search for when they learn about a topic and educate themselves into becoming a buyer).

He’d send people looking for “guinea pigs” to a survey where he’d ask open ended questions to find out why they were doing that search, and what the ideal solution would be for them.

Then he’d do the same for people searching for “guinea pig food”.

Etc.

The trick was to find the “hyper-responsives” - the people who were so frustrated by the lack of information or solutions out there that they filled in a lot of information in the open ended questions.

I tried this back in 2009 when I was considering creating a course on UNIX shell scripting. It showed me pretty quickly that most people who wanted to learn about shell scripting were students, and weren’t frustrated or motivated enough to write much anyway. It was enough for me to give the project a swift bullet.

To do this you need to be careful of Google’s information harvesting policies.

You also need to get in front of people doing very specific searches - so you need to do your keyword research beforehand anyway.

Personally I’d start by speaking to business owners I already know (friends, family, people on local business courses, etc).

I’d also check out forums and Facebook groups and observe what their common complaints are, and what the most frustrated people write the most about (big long complaints usually indicate bigger frustrations - or whingers, haha).

Anyway, all of the above are just different ways HOW to find out what business people need help with, and why.

I presume you want to learn this so you can find out what problems to solve and get paid to do so?

I like the line that “Your market is a demonstrated cashflow.”

Maybe just find out what business owners are already spending their money on, and why?

Hi Andy I am looking to learn about adwords for my power washing business. I have one question though before I buy the course. A guy from America on a Facebook group took my business details and said adwords would be too hard to use where I am as the population is too low (I am in Limerick) and he said I am better off with Facebook ads, would this be a true statement or is he talking through his arse. This guy claims he is an adwords expert and people recommended him on the group.

ToddD

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Apr 21, 2015
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Hi @ToddD ... as per our PM conversation, I've changed it so INSIDERS pay $299/year for access to my PPC community, plus lifetime access to the course.

I'll create a new marketplace ad shortly about the PPC community.
You're the best Andy! I got it all working just fine now. I went ahead thru the Adwords pdf on there and have started my first campaign with very little issue.

My biggest "trouble" was when I didn't know the best keyword to use and the one I chose didn't even rank in my area. So then I had to go to the Keyword Planner and find a better keyword. Once I did that, I wasn't 100% sure how to modify the ad group (or whatever part I was supposed to access). But with Google's help, I got it all working just fine.

And pretty sure that the section I'm about to watch is about to cover Keyword research in depth! Thanks again!

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
A few people PMing me asking if the course is still open and if the INSIDERS discount code still works.

Yes, the course is still open, although I’ve changed it so folks join The JumpstartPPC Community for $399/year and get complimentary free lifetime access to The AdWords Jumpstart course.

TFLF INSIDERS get a $100 discount on the annual membership fee (making it an annual fee of $299 instead of $399).

The INSIDERS coupon code for the course hosted on Thinkific doesn’t work anymore. I’d amend the opening post of this marketplace ad but I keep getting some error.

I’ll get round to creating a marketplace ad for the community at some point. In the meantime if anyone wants to join they can PM me and I’ll send a link to the new shopping cart.

Any queries just ask in here or PM me.

#nowhere

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jan 29, 2016
Germany
What do you mean by “generate leads for your eCommerce business”? Do you mean generate form fill enquiries or phone calls, as well as make sales from the website?

We have a new client at the moment selling office supplies. We’re using the paid search campaigns to generate sales and trying to generate leads too. This is before we create any Google Shopping Ads. The principles are the same: get the keywords nice and tight, have a relevant ad, and send people to a page that offers what they’re looking for.

Thank you Andy for your answer.

So as I see it as google shopping and ads work with the same principles you say the principles are universal for both? My goal is generating sales and form inputs with contact data, yes.

Best regards and thank you

N

#nowhere

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jan 29, 2016
Germany
So basically you are saying that control is higher with google ads than with shopping. So that would be your first choice?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hey @Andy Black I am finally using the course for an Ad Campaign I am creating for a client. It's been very useful so far! Thanks.

I would like to finally join the FB group now since I am actively creating ads. Can you tell me what to do to join.
Good to hear!

If you PM me your Facebook details then I’ll friend you and invite you into the group.

I really must get round to moving us off Facebook. @Fox, what’s Kajabi like for the community/forum aspect?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Someone just asked this:

I've read a lot of your threads here and have been looking at your Google Ads course. I have a group of IT-services business owners on Facebook I'm considering pitching some marketing services to. However, one of them mentioned to me that Google blocked IT-related ads. I indeed found this article:

Restricting ads in third-party tech support services

I'm curious what you know about this and if there is a way around it?

My answer:

Depends what they're bidding on, the ad copy, and maybe even the landing page copy. We had problems running ads for a printer repair business. Google have kinda thrown the baby out with the bath water. We found that we could bid on the keywords but had to be a bit bland in the ad copy. Certain words seem to trigger them.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Someone asked these:

1)When you find converting keywords (in any niche) do they continue converting or do you have to keep changing your keywords?

It's not the keyword that converts, it's the person typing in the keyword that converts. They convert into a lead, and then into a customer.

People in 2009 and 2020 who searched for "washing machine repairs dublin" still need the same thing right?

2)When you have optimized your campaign what do you have to do to keep it converting/profitable (just a summary if it is too wide a question)?

Keep an eye on numbers. Sometimes the market changes and you have to respond.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I was asked some important questions just now:

I’ve decided to get your course but just had a couple questions.

1. Does it include prospecting techniques for finding new business?

2. Any training on how to manage and scale the business?

3. Does your training include copy for the ads and landing pages or landing page templates?

My reply:

The course doesn’t currently include that stuff (although does go through ad creation), but I have lots of free threads in the forum going through that.

Check out the following threads in my signature:
> local lead gen
> inbound/sales
> chats with forum members

I also have a $9/mth paid email newsletter where I chatter about my business and growing it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.