The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Andy's Google Ads Courses

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hi Andy,

Interested in joining the Google Ads Jumpstart. I just have a few questions, though.
1. Do you continuously add content to your membership portal, that's why you charge monthly?
I sporadically add more content to the membership portal. I also send sporadic emails to members with updates on campaigns I'm building for clients etc. I've to redo some of the CORE lessons as Google's changed the interface a bit.

I decided to charge monthly so people could get in cheaper than paying $399 as a one-time payment. If people get what they need or decide it's not for them then they can cancel easy enough. I also want all my offerings to be subscription based, and ideally monthly.

2. Is there a minimum period of commitment to be a member of the GA Jumpstart?
No. Some people signup and cancel before their second month. I don't know if it's because they decided it's not for them, or they got what they needed and don't need to be a member any longer. I don't mind either way.

3. Will this apply if I provide Google Ads as a Service to local businesses?
Yes. That's what I do and my strategies are geared more towards lead gen and local service businesses. They still work for national lead gen, and for eCommerce, but I don't have modules about Google Shopping Ads or Performance Max Campaigns.

4. How long will the course take if I allocate say 2 hours a day to consuming all its contents?
A better question is "how long before you can get ads running?". You should have ads up within a couple of hours.

There's three CORE modules. One is a 90 minute workshop (that you can find for free on my YouTube channel anyway), and the other two are to help you do keyword research and setup ads. I encourage people to get through the CORE modules and setup campaigns, and then go through the BONUS modules as and when they need to.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Someone asked via PM:

"Can you confirm that your $25/month subscription will allow me to see all Google Ads jumpstart lessons right away?
Also, is there a difference between the course shown on your website and the one for "INSIDERS"? I don't have access to it as I am still a free member of this forum."

My reply:

Yes, you get instant access to all lessons. I don't have a course in the INSIDERS.

Quite a few people have signed up in the last few weeks, presumably from following @Lex DeVille 's thread HERE.

Some of the lessons are a bit out of date due to Google changing the screens slightly. It's not stopped people setting up campaigns though. I'll try to update the lessons soon although I'm snowed under with client work.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Someone asked this:

Hi Andy, two quick questions: What is the content update date? By making a monthly subscription, the various modules of the course are made available on the platform month by month or, how does it work? Thanks

Sorry, another little quick question : Although I have a good understanding of English (although I have a little more difficulty with the British accent) I also wanted to know if the video platform has the CC function that auto-generates English subtitles. Thanks

1) I update lessons when I get round to it. I plan on redoing the main modules soon since the interface has changed a little bit.

2) People who signup get access to all lessons immediately.

3) I've not auto-generated English subtitles. I'll think about subtitles for the next version. I think they'd have to be checked since a lot of the terminology would confuse any automated subtitling software.

EthanH

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
511%
Jun 19, 2020
Manchester
Hi Andy, Thanks for all the effort you've put into the course.

As I mentioned in our conversation, I've been able to get my first customer through Google ads within 24 hours of starting my first campaign for my Exterior Cleaning business. What I found to be particularly helpful was how to the point and concise the course is and I've found great value in the video you posted on Youtube: "The shortest Google ads tutorial ever". I was able to build my first campaign within about an hour whilst following along with this. You mention in your course about learning by doing and getting your first campaign up and running as quickly as possible and I can confirm that this way really works. I, whilst still extremely new to all this, am averaging a CTR of about 30% for gutter cleaning ads and seem to be showing as the top nearly all of the time. I'm still not confident in my ability to read all the data but that's something I will learn.

As for the job the lead got me, it started off as a £60 gutter clean and I've now upsold them to pressure washing with a total value of £230, all from an ad spend of about £10 / day.

I still have a lot to learn and I'd definitely be interested in learning more from you, I'll get the Google ads accelerator within the next couple of months when I have the money for it.

Do you have any advice for what my next steps should be in terms of optimizing my campaign or any resources you could point me to?

Thanks!

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hi Andy, Thanks for all the effort you've put into the course.

As I mentioned in our conversation, I've been able to get my first customer through Google ads within 24 hours of starting my first campaign for my Exterior Cleaning business. What I found to be particularly helpful was how to the point and concise the course is and I've found great value in the video you posted on Youtube: "The shortest Google ads tutorial ever". I was able to build my first campaign within about an hour whilst following along with this. You mention in your course about learning by doing and getting your first campaign up and running as quickly as possible and I can confirm that this way really works. I, whilst still extremely new to all this, am averaging a CTR of about 30% for gutter cleaning ads and seem to be showing as the top nearly all of the time. I'm still not confident in my ability to read all the data but that's something I will learn.

As for the job the lead got me, it started off as a £60 gutter clean and I've now upsold them to pressure washing with a total value of £230, all from an ad spend of about £10 / day.

I still have a lot to learn and I'd definitely be interested in learning more from you, I'll get the Google ads accelerator within the next couple of months when I have the money for it.

Do you have any advice for what my next steps should be in terms of optimizing my campaign or any resources you could point me to?

Thanks!
I love this! This is exactly why I created the course. Get up and running fast, and then learn from the results you do or don't get.

You've just reminded me that @BizyDad was asking about the Accelerator too.

At the moment there aren't too many people in the Accelerator. There's lessons there on bulk campaign creation in Google Sheets, and uploading using the Google Ads Editor. I've not got lessons yet on constructing the ad URLs to send headlines to the pages.

Next steps for you are likely to add more keywords and ads, while also matching the landing page to the ad.

A decent developer should be able to help you create pages that accept URL parameters. Before I hired a developer I used WordPress plug-in "URL Params".

A few people have asked for group coaching. I still haven't decided if I want to go down that route. If I did then maybe it's a group call every couple of weeks for the Accelerator members, and/or a small mastermind.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Someone asked the following via DM. I thought it worth pasting my answer here too.

Andy, if I started this as a business. Along with seo.

What is a realistic time table before I see money?

I’m not at this as get rich scheme.

Just looking at from a time perspective.
Maybe find someone to do it free for a month first.

Get results, or fail it fast and find someone else to do it free until you do get results.

Then go find someone who'll pay. It will probably be easier for their fee to be low ($200/mth or thereabouts).

It depends on whether you can get a business results. Personally, I found local service businesses easier than eCommerce (typically there's less competition and the competition isn't as good).

It's not unreasonable to find a paying client in a few months.

Of course, you could go straight to finding a paying, so long as you don't overpromise. I'd still tell them the goal in the first month is to find out if Google Ads will work for them, on as low a budget as possible.

MaximOntheRoad

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Jan 4, 2023
I‘ve gone through Andy‘s Google Ads Jumpstart Course and have to say it was insanely valuable!

Because Andy covered a lot of questions that I had in my mind and gave all the basic knowledge needed for google ads.

Thanks Andy for overdelivering
Maxim

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads