The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

And here I go....

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 2, 2011
Well I am so glad I read MJs book. I finished it just as New Year hit but refrained from posting my plans as I have a thing about New Year resolutions and how "this year will be different". Over the last few years I have avoided that in preference to doing things NOW.

Anyway, I have been earning an internet based living for over 10 years and now I want to really take things up a notch (or 3)

I have recently given notice to one of my top clients as, although they were a top contributor to my livelihood, they really had started to take over and use all my hours.

Fortunately I have other stuff so it's not like giving up your only Job.

Really I want to document this stuff for both you guys and myself to make the commitment to accelerate my progress.

Here's more about what I do and the plans I have.

I run a busy internet community and it provides a regular income for me. Although it is a ready a success there is always room for improvement - right?

The new thing I want to do is write an information product that details how I build this community up to over 4.1 million posts and around 50,000 members. (I've already started this last week and have been doing something towards it each day)

I recently started a clothing brand (actually this "started" 2 years ago but there was quite a bit of set up so has only started moving over the last 9 months). This brand is in a great niche and has great potential. We are aiming for both retail and also trade/distribution accounts. Either way we are right as the top of the tree as it is our exclusive production. I want to see this brand really take off and become self sufficient over the next 12 months or so (currently investing earnings from other sources every month to help growth)

With a background in programming and web development I am finally (I say this as I have talked about it for years - shame on me) releasing a web solution within 2 months (a good way through this - with someone else - working on it part time, but it is moving forward nicely)

Now for a biggie that is not directly going to make money but is going to enable me to focus much better.

Unfortunately much significant other has really become a significant distraction.

The high stress factor about this is I moved to another country to be with her and now I have the pain in the backside of sorting this out and moving back to the UK where I am originally from.

I really have now had enough of explaining and justifying everything I do to her while she enjoys the rewards from the sidewalk (I'm not American but that was my chance to use that phrase ;) ) It wouldn't be so bad but I took us from 1 bed cramped apartment (rented at around $400 per month) to a lovely house with sea views 3 minutes to the beach - converted it's worth around $500,000 and 25% I paid in cash. It's not like I am just sitting and dreaming about things happened "one day"

The market has slipped her and I will take quite a hit - however, I have to look at this positively and I can end up making more money in the long run. Not to mention I will then be back in the same country as my long term business partner. I am playing a bit of a slow game of chess at the moment which is a pain but I have to get my timing right on this.

Excuse the slightly depressing part of the post but obviously this is a very central part of my current plans.

I'm glad I have written this down as it solidifies everything and I can feel more committed to what I am doing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

littlekingaz

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
May 26, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Awesome! I look forward to hearing about your progress. Seems like everyone is starting a clothing line these days, what kind of clothing is it exactly?

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 2, 2011
Seems like everyone is starting a clothing line these days, what kind of clothing is it exactly?
LOL - I don't keep bumping into people ;)

Anyway, it's sporting clothing in a certain niche. It's being well received so far for the quality.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.