The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

An unknown root, a death and a book

Matthew Nazareth

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jul 16, 2018
Hi everyone, my name is Matthew I'm currently 21 and have just finished the Millionaire Fastlane and hope I can Learn more from this forum. and I currently own and operate two businesses with my brother. They are both kava bars, one of which we have been operating for a year and the other is a couple days old. I was initially introduced to the first bar as a patron after my father passed away a couple years ago. I came back to the city where I'm attending college and a close friend wanted to touch base. He brought me to a kava bar which I came to like a lot. I came to know that Kava is a plant from the South Pacific Area that can create relaxing effects as well as that Kratom is a plant from Indonesia that can also be relaxing while allowing one to focus and stay awake (perfect for a college student) I started going every day to study and since at the time the number of people that went was pretty small, I became close to everyone there including the owner. I started bartending there and eventually, my brother started to as well. The owner wanted to sell out but couldn't find anyone to buy so my brother and I offered the little saving we had to buy-in and planned on reinvesting the dividends into the business to accumulate more shares.
The first bar, Kavakaze, at first was run by an 18-year-old who had saved enough money to start a business. that being said there were a lot of characteristics at the bar that deterred a lot of people, more importantly, women. all of those characteristics amounted to an abrasive atmosphere and sub-par bartenders who felt that if a woman walked in it was undoubtedly for them. My brother and I bought in, changed the atmosphere and marketed new owners and in 3 months the numbers doubled, in 6 months we tripled, quadrupled some nights and even saw 5 times the initial numbers a couple times. We started to host informative talks at the bar for people to come and learn about the plants we sell and how it has changed people's lives as well as our own, along with customer testimonies which helped create a more aware and knowledgeable customer base. Recently my brother and I decided to open a second bar and center it around cultural exchange in order to create a place where diversity can be inspired in our city.
Cheers,

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...