The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

An Opportunity for Someone Else?

PEERless

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 23, 2008
As many of you know, my investment capital is tied up in what may be an alligator, but maybe someone here can benefit from my research.

See this Spokane duplex.

My calculations see it cashflowing $1200/year and profiting 19%/year on $23,000 down.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rcardin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 30, 2007
Arlington, TX
An investment mortgage would only run you 10% down. With closing costs and mortgage fees you would still be looking at payments around 1050 P.I.T.I. If you could pick it up around 75k-78k it would be a great deal. Part of my plan is to get them at 70-78% max of market value.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
The more you pay up front the more you are risking and the more the deal better be a sure shot. Also, if you pay more into a deal it slows you down in getting into other deals.

PEERless

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 23, 2008
Right, I see. So 20% equity doesn't leverage my money as much as 10%?

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
You got it. If you can do a deal and it CF's acceptable with 10% down and you're buying below retail you stand to make a profit from monthly CF and selling in the future for a profit AND you have some more cash to go get another deal. For you it's a win, win, win.:icon_super:

Hostile

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Feb 3, 2008
in my town it is cheaper and more profitable initially to invest in the worse neighborhoods, but, they take way more time and money to maintain. This is according to a couple different people I know who have done it and another who is currently tired of busted cupboards and slashed carpet, and on his way away. On a side note, Gary Keller wrote an awesome book about real estate investing. He is the Keller in Keller Williams Realty, large company.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
As many of you know, my investment capital is tied up in what may be an alligator, but maybe someone here can benefit from my research.

See this Spokane duplex.

My calculations see it cashflowing $1200/year and profiting 19%/year on $23,000 down.

How do you get 19%?

1200/yr/23000 = 5% COC return.

rcardin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 30, 2007
Arlington, TX
I would never get into a property that is going to cost me more than 10% down. there are too many deals out there you get pick up for next to nothing. Do some research on subject to properties and see how you can pick up a sfh for little more than moving expenses for the owner.

PEERless

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 23, 2008
Oh. I'm an admitted REI noob, so I just reported what the spreadsheet spit out at the end. I can upload it for you to see, if you like.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.