The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

An Open Letter to the Forum NEWBIES

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Greg R

Act, Assess, Adjust
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
465%
Oct 28, 2015
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
I want to tell you a short story. A story about a young man who was nearly banished from this very forum not that long ago... That young man was me, and I was nearly banished from this forum.

Wow that was a short story!

In all seriousness sometime ago, I read the TMF . I was REALLY excited and motivated after reading the book. Like many of you, it motivated me to join the forum. Back when I first joined, I would spam links to my old blog and other stupid things that either got deleted or ended up in the landfill. This could be you. Or you may even be committing forum crimes without realizing it. Like copying and pasting content from the inside to the outside (or pasting it at another forum). Bad move. DEFINITELY DON'T DO THAT.

During my first few weeks here, I made many dumb mistakes. I read the rules, but I was too eager to get to the good content to really absorb them. Don't be like me. Read the rules and all of the introductory information.

What you will find is that the learning curve to becoming a noble forum member is very fast, faster than the Fastlane. The more you post quality information that is helpful, the more respect you get. And you will find that the more respect that you get, the more respect that you get. Revolutionary right???

Sometimes you will post something that you think will be a hit, and it totally sucks. Just like the "Market Mind" in Unscripted , there is a "Forum Mind" here.

As long as you don't do anything too stupid, moderators or other forum members with set you on the correct path.

You may encounter some tough love, but please don't get discouraged. Everyone wants you here.

You will find that there is a big sense of community. We protect each other, kid with each other, and help each other grow to become better. For some of us, there isn't too many other people to turn to outside of this forum that will listen and give proper feedback.

The day after I almost got banished from here is the day that I realized that there was something bigger than me. From that day forward I vowed to be a noble forum member.

I vowed to;
  • Give more value than I received (I will consider that mission accomplished when I create a GOLD thread.)
  • Read more than I write
  • Critique myself more than others
  • And search the forum for an answer before I ask a question.
Whether you read the books, stumbled here from Google, or were referred here by a friend, the forum can be your best resource. You have all of the information that you need to take the world by the balls and make something of it. The only caveat is that YOU are the one who is responsible. No one here is going to do it for you. YOU have to put in the effort. No one is going to hand you the keys to the palace. Lastly, if YOU fail it is YOUR fault and YOU are the one who needs to put the pieces back together, get up and try again. Failing sucks, I know. I have about three or four under my belt with one small win that outweighs all of them.

The forum is your food, but unlike food, you have a choice on how you digest it.

Welcome and I can't wait to meet you all.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
Another word of advice to new members (including 2013 me), that would 10x the value of this forum:

Don't post about what you are going to do.

Only post about what you have already done.

And no, posting about what you are going to do, does not count as doing something.

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
Another word of advice to new members (including 2013 me), that would 10x the value of this forum: Don't post about what you are going to do. Only post about what you have already done. And no, posting about what you are going to do, does not count as doing something.
...and no posting about who doesn't believe in you - especially if you don't believe in yourself. On this planet nearly everyone doesn't believe in your ability until you give them a (damn) good reason to. Get used to it and start to love it because proving that you (despite all odds) did something special that impacted many lives is ALL the fun.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
A story about a young man who was nearly banished from this very forum not that long ago... That young man was me, and I was nearly banished from this forum.

OMG, I totally forgot that was you.

Glad you stuck through it. ;)

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Another word of advice to new members (including 2013 me), that would 10x the value of this forum:

And no, posting about what you are going to do, does not count as doing something.
This.

"Tell me what you've done and I'll tell you who you are."

Bold self-proclamation threads of "I'm going to make $XYZ by ABC date" are ignored or flamed, but the "I screwed up and here's what I learned", or "Here's how I achieved XYZ" fare much better.

At the end of the year how will you answer "Tell me what you've done?"

How about at the pearly gates?

Greg R

Act, Assess, Adjust
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
465%
Oct 28, 2015
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
It didn't take me long to be enlightened. Once I saw the light, I knew I had to denounce my childish ways.

We all came here for one reason or another.

If you came here looking for answers to your biggest life decisions, you are going about it all wrong...

The forum never promised you answers nor should you expect them. HOWEVER, what you have never realized is that you had the answers within you all along. The forum just helped you find it within yourself.

ApeRunner

Very Fast on a Bike
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
326%
May 16, 2014
Cozumel
G

Guest24480

I like this rule of thumb. Too many times have I posted about a new venture only to scrap it within a week. Part of that was laziness / distraction, but they say talking about doing something is almost as satisfying as actually doing it. Doing so really takes away that drive to get it done.

Nikkiahmet

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jun 25, 2017
cyprus
A very well written piece there for us newbies. Thankyou
I have to say that i have been on here now 2 hours non-stop taking my time reading posts and looking at different topics and understanding others.
Great forum and so far .. everybody is nice and pleasant too lol
Thanks for you post!

Greg R

Act, Assess, Adjust
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
465%
Oct 28, 2015
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
This.

At the end of the year how will you answer "Tell me what you've done?"

How about at the pearly gates?

"A man has lived long because he has white hair and wrinkles: he has not lived long, just existed long."

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.