The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

An Irishman in Vancouver

Shane247

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 15, 2016
Hey guys, I finally made it to Vancouver on my own! I got in last week and spent time around the city and meeting people through meetup. I also got a job in a warehouse to pay the bills. Next comes the fun part! finding out what to pursue to land on the millionaire fastlane ....I build a prototype site and will be showing it to people at startup meetups but I am thinking I should be looking into something more solid and am wondering if any of you guys have any advice for a budding entrepreneur and where to go next? I also have a shopify store but have never sold anything on it as I have no real interest in selling products from China. I plan on reading back over the book again too in the coming weeks.

any advice would be great, it can be a bit daunting being all alone on the other side of the world but dreams can only truly be made through challenging oneself.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Michael Burgess

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Sep 30, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Congrats on the move! Vancouver's a gorgeous city. I'm sure you'll really enjoy it there once you get settled in :)

As far as "getting onto the fastlane", just remember that building a substantial business is a process - it won't happen overnight! The ideas you mentioned (a prototype website and Shopify store) sound pretty vague. Do you have any specific ideas for a business you can work on?

If I was on the other side of the world and didn't have a lot of capital or experience, I'd probably start a service business. Painting, lawn cutting, dog walking, in-home meal prep, house & office cleaning, window cleaning, carpet cleaning, or something else entirely. Service businesses are good because you don't need tons of cash to get started, and if you're good at what you do... there's tons of demand available!

Keep us posted on your journey and share some more details about your situation to get more help!

Michael

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Congrats on the move! Vancouver's a gorgeous city. I'm sure you'll really enjoy it there once you get settled in :)

As far as "getting onto the fastlane", just remember that building a substantial business is a process - it won't happen overnight! The ideas you mentioned (a prototype website and Shopify store) sound pretty vague. Do you have any specific ideas for a business you can work on?

If I was on the other side of the world and didn't have a lot of capital or experience, I'd probably start a service business. Painting, lawn cutting, dog walking, in-home meal prep, house & office cleaning, window cleaning, carpet cleaning, or something else entirely. Service businesses are good because you don't need tons of cash to get started, and if you're good at what you do... there's tons of demand available!

Keep us posted on your journey and share some more details about your situation to get more help!

Michael
I was going to suggest providing a service too.

Why do you want to show a website to people at a startup meetup? Will you make a sale there, or is it to meet likeminded people?

It's just a thought, but if you were able to provide a B2B service then you'd be rubbing shoulders with business owners.

What would happen if you kept your eyes and ears open for people you could help, rather than businesses you could build?

Exciting stuff moving somewhere you don't know anyone. Good luck.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.