The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

An interesting idea -becoming a whore to pay for student loans

Idea threads

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
OK, the title might be a bit presumptuous - I am not actually planning on selling my body for cash, although you never know. :smxF:

I am going to be graduating this may, and will be looking at 25k in student loans.

Well, I've had a realization that it would take a lot of work to pay for that, especially out of college. So I thought about creative ways to raise money.

One idea was to do something cool at the graduation walk. For example - walk across the stage on my hands. Or hug the dean and lift him up and spin him in a circle. I would have a webpage where donations could be left - and as more money is coming in, people could request a certain thing for me to do during the walk. The whole thing would be videotaped and put on the website.

Is this compelling to anyone? There are people raising money to pay off debts - I am just trying to pay for my edumacation.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Re: An interesting idea -becoming a whore to pay for student loan

I say go for it. :banana::banana::banana:

What's the worst that can happen?

(You p*ss off the dean, he/she witholds your diploma, and you have to do everything all over again).

Chance of this happening?

Zip. (b/c it would be too juicy a news story).

Have people vote on what you should do first (ask them what they would pay to see).

Tell them you'll videotape the results and put in online.

THEN run the page getting donations.

Also offer to do something personal for them, for a price ($10 for an autographed pic of you doing ???)

Oh, and just so you don't get expelled, it'd be really nice of you to tell the dean what's going to happen, if there is some physical involvement on their part). Spontaneous handstands could be kept confidential (but won't, if your campus has a decent grapevine) :)

-Russ H.

Jorge

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Oct 5, 2007
Mendoza, Argentina

Lol I love the idea! I think you should go for it!!

GoldenEggs

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Sep 4, 2007
Silicon Valley, CA

What about selling space on your cap? I don't know if your school also has a larger graduation ceremony but mine did and I attended it. I was completely bored and noticed only a few students had decorated their cap and wished I had thought of doing the same.

Also, it was on the forbidden list but students smuggled in beach volleyballs to throw around. They got tossed around for a little bit because they were confiscated. Maybe you could sell some space on that as well?

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD

What about selling space on your cap? I don't know if your school also has a larger graduation ceremony but mine did and I attended it. I was completely bored and noticed only a few students had decorated their cap and wished I had thought of doing the same.

Also, it was on the forbidden list but students smuggled in beach volleyballs to throw around. They got tossed around for a little bit because they were confiscated. Maybe you could sell some space on that as well?
Great ideas! Rep+++

All of that exposure has to be worth something...

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007

I actually just heard of a site, (I think based inthe UK) where random women who want a breast enlargement have a profile on themselves filled out, and men can donate money to their "cause". The catch is that the women have to send the guys updated pictures of themselves. Creepy. So far, several women have actually raised the funding and gotten "free" boob jobs. If this idea can work, I think selling 30 second of your time would really go over big. ...If you got enough interest, you could sell ad space on your cap. lol. Keep us posted.

++ rep for originality!

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA

Yep, yveskleinsky definitely is thinking out of the box today . . .

RAWR: You too could post your pic on the 'net and ask for donations for a boob job! ;)

(with the disclaimer that you'll be paying off your college debts first, of course) :tiphat:

-Russ H.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

I once prostituted myself when I was 22 years old -- I had no money and my best friend at the time was getting married. I had no bread for a wedding gift. I had a 33 year old divorced cougar hot for me and I just wasn't that interested. She told me she had some brand new expensive candle lamps that she would *donate* to me for the wedding gift in lieu of *services*. At the time I thought it was funny and did it ... now I look back and think, WTF was I thinking? I wanted to spend my money on the new version of Adobe Photoshop, not a stupid wedding gift.

Oh the things we do ....... :smx3:

Please believe me, this kind of lewd behavior never happened again.

Jorge

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Oct 5, 2007
Mendoza, Argentina

hahahaha MJ I take back what I said in the suggestions thread :rofl::rofl:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Well if I'm gonna lose respect over being a stupid 22 year old, I think I'm gonna delete the story!

Jorge

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Oct 5, 2007
Mendoza, Argentina

hhahaha no, please! You have my respect I'm just kidding :)

rico

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Aug 14, 2007
Buckinghamshire, UK

Heard of quite a few strippers who pay for uni that way.

Personally I worked my a$$ off every summer for the first two years as a waiter/barman etc... then set up my own web hosting business in the third year and that bought in good income. Gave me good experience that has helped in later businesses.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida

Oh great! The thread has now become a "How to prostitute and strip your way into fastlane!" discussion.

Sinners, Sinners, Sinners!!

Excuse me I have to hit the corner for that plane ticket to the Meetup :D

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA

RAWR said:
Excuse me I have to hit the corner so I can buy that plane ticket to the Meetup

Gee, I guess I don't have to worry about what everyone will be talking about at dinner. :D

-Russ H.

PS Your fault for titling the thread the way you did.

Posting a provocative title just brings out our creative juices . . . er . . . wait, strike that . . . :eusa_naughty:

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA

ok, from the cleaner side of life.

This would take a bit of preplanning, or some accomplices. Inflate a huge helium balloon in the middle of the ceremony, sell ads on the balloon. I could see a site like cockeyed.com getting into something like this.

Logistically, the helium would take some work, but it would be possible.

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007

At the time I thought it was funny and did it ... now I look back and think, WTF was I thinking? I wanted to spend my money on the new version of Adobe Photoshop, not a stupid wedding gift.

I like how the regret is not being able to spend the money on Adobe Photoshop! Man, talk about takin' a bullet for a friend! lol- great story.

Seriously, I think the idea of making money off this idea has merit. I don't think it's been done before. ...Maybe you could run it past the dean as well as the business dept and get them behind you, as a form of social experiment as it pertains to business/advertising. It would get the school publicity too (don't know what kind, but all publicity is good publicity right?)

australianinvestor

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Aug 4, 2007
Australia

It's an idea, granted, but think about the side-effects. I attended my MBA graduation last year, and it was a very classy event that the whole business school graduating class attended. Some undergrad guys lowered the class a notch or three by stopping the ceremony to pull out their phone and take a picture of themselves with the Chancellor (I guess he's the equivalent of your Dean). They thought it was cool/funny, but it just brought the mood down a bit. The Chancellor was gracious about it, but it cast a poor light on our university for those in attendance (a rather successful and powerful set of people on average).

Even if it's for good money, ask yourself whether the (relatively small?) amount of cash is going to be worth it when compared to the big picture. You (and others) will remember the event for the rest of your lives. What happens if you injure yourself or others? What if it doesn't go to plan and you become a joke instead of a cool prankster?

I am the last guy to dismiss an idea that will make some money, but I'd urge you to weigh up whether the cash gain is worth it for the change to a celebratory event for you and your class.

Either way, good luck :)

Daniel.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida

Thank you for you suggestion, Daniel.

You obviously do not know me or my relationship with the university :D

Come to the meetup! :thumbsup:

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA

Daniel-

Just to clarify: The undergrads crashed the ceremony to get a photo?

Or were they a part of the ceremony, and just wanted to get a pic of themselves w/the chancellor?

-Russ H.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.