The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

An example of marketing (gaslighting/manipulation) in politics

Marketing, social media, advertising
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
Warning: If politics triggers you, tread lightly. No matter what side you find yourself, I implore you to look at this post as a study in marketing and try to forget about your personal convictions for the moment.

Last night I clicked on a Youtube suggestion that was a clip from Trump's town hall. It's only a few minutes long and shows Trump getting hounded about a specific narrative for a few minutes. After the video was over, I noticed the link to Wikipedia nicely placed by YouTube.

Screenshot_20201016-055349.png

Click on the link and find a very large and thorough article on QAnon. Now, I'm not a Q follower but I have heard of some of this stuff secondhand. Since it was linked from YouTube and I'm aware of the censorship that has been going on, I don't take the post at face value. Even though Wikipedia is publicly-sourved, I am not allowed to edit this article... I wonder who is?

After scanning the info I started clicking on the sources. Each source I check out is an article from recent history that has been edited recently, today actually... Hmm, interesting.

Screenshot_20201016-060158.png

I look into Wayback Machine to see what the article used to say. It was similar, but the language has been changed to match the language of this particular narrative.

In order to get to the actual "evidence" that backs up the claims, I discover that it's all pretty weak. Maybe that's why it's buried so much?

As a marketer, this is exactly how I would run a campaign. First, I build up assets over time that I control. Then, when the time is right, I line up all my assets and push people to my funnel. In this case, it's an idea the are trying to sell, and their funnel consists of a complex series of claims with a maze of evidence that isn't very convincing in magnitude but is very convincing in multitude...

The news today is a giant marketing machine. I can see it because I do this stuff every day. Now you can see it too.

Next time you come across a tech platform pushing info into your field of view, do some digging and see if you can verify the information yourself. Who knows what you'll find?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
The news today is a giant marketing machine.
LOL! Just today? It has always been a marketing machine, and it will always be like this. The only difference is that today you can check their claims more easily.

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
LOL! Just today? It has always been a marketing machine, and it will always be like this. The only difference is that today you can check their claims more easily.
No kidding. It's been this way forever but it's never been this easy to scale it and sway the masses at this velocity.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
First, I build up assets over time that I control.

We see this a lot with a lot of these skeevy gurus who control the websites with high rankings of "Is Joe Guru a Scam?" -- and the website is SEO'd to say "No, Joe Guru is awesome! He's not a scam!"

As for your other commentary with respect to marketing.

It isn't.

It's gaslighting.

Your witnessing a full scale effort at narrative engineering, media gaslighting, and censorship.

So let me do my own and break my own rules for this special one time occasion...

*They* are doing everything to put the old senile puppet in control.

The recent NY Post articles about Hunter Biden's grift and huge largesse (millions of dollars received from Daddy's influence as VP) was censored. It's a veritable rabbit hole with verified evidence, despite what the Washington Post propagandists (Jeff Bezos' publicity division) has to say. It's same stuff they tried to hang on Trump, except with actual proof. Pure Alinskyite tactics -- accuse your opponent of what you are doing and when caught, get Pravda to bury it. This story, if you tried to post it, you got censored. Or banned. Jack Dorsey and Mark Zuckerburg are 2020's Mao and Stalin.

Here's my personal F*ck YOU to Twitter and Facebook. You can't control me.

As I like to say, if you aren't SEARCHING for the truth, you aren't getting the truth. The truth requires an effort, and often is found in citizen media.

You mentioned Q.

Some years ago, I looked into it and immediately thought it was BS. Still do today. However because they continue to hammer it, censor it, and discredit it, it makes me think there might be bits of truth to it. When you're over a target, you take flak. What bits might be true? (Don't even get me started on the Epstein thing)

If the message is so ridiculous, why censor it? Do they censor flat-earthers?

In this case, it's an idea the are trying to sell, and their funnel consists of a complex series of claims with a maze of evidence that isn't very convincing in magnitude but is very convincing in multitude...

Let me put it this way...

If you agree with people who hold the levers of power (Academia, Big-Tech, Wall-Street, Hollywood, huge government bureaucracies, the NFL, etc.) you aren't part of a resistance, you're part of the sheep. A scripted drone programmed by culture. You can't be "counterculture" when your opinions are amplified by billionaire oligarchs and the corporate media.

Satire?

I'm not religious but the Babylon Bee (a satirical Christian *news* site) has really nailed the ridiculousness of 2020.

There you go.

I've contributed my part to this year's "election interference"

And just like Dorsey at Twitter and Zuckerfuck at Facebook, I can give special attention to my view, while marginalizing the rest.

See? I can play the narrative engineering game too.

*** END OF RULE BREAKING.

mGJxTVb1.jpeg

AHVw0B1Z.png

stencil.logo-avatar.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.