The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Amazon, Trademark...question

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
May someone help me :

Sell something made in other countries via Amazon in that country : How Is that doable without a manager in there?

A trademark: how can that be registered from Germany ? And is the trademark protection otherwhere corresponding to EU? Or US?
tm in Germany needs a lot of time. Is it faster to register in USA , expand to other worldwide countries?

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
The background: I want to make a brand, related to that country , and than sell items in there, which I let produce in there or neighbour countries. clothes.
And I need a fulfillment, which works without me physically.

I plan to make a Homepage and link to Amazon for sell and fulfillment.

For the brand I have found already a hp.

But I don’t know fba well. No, I don’t know it at all.
Can I do that from Germany?
The labeling required at FBA. What exactly does that mean?

Last edited:

Bobby_italy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Jan 19, 2016
The background: I want to make a brand, related to that country , and than sell items in there, which I let produce in there or neighbour countries. clothes.
And I need a fulfillment, which works without me physically.

I plan to make a Homepage and link to Amazon for sell and fulfillment.

For the brand I have found already a hp.

But I don’t know fba well. No, I don’t know it at all.
Can I do that from Germany?
The labeling required at FBA. What exactly does that mean?
I know that amazon does the labeling for a fee, or anyway you can outsource that to the producer, for fulfillment as you mentioned you can have the manufacturer send directly to FBA, or just get a company or a partner in the other country that can handle the tasks you have for them, I'm pretty sure many on this forum could point you in the right direction if you specified the country.

For the trademark sorry but I don't know :/

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
@Ing, Selling on Amazon when you are not a resident of the country where the Amazon store is online is being done by large numbers of people. They use FBA.

Their biggest difficulty is that they need to have a bank account in the country where they are selling.

I advise against shipping direct from your supplier to Amazon. I think it is better to avoid making it too easy for Amazon to find out who your suppliers are.

TRADEMARKS: Many people sell without registering a trademark. You can use the TM symbol This notifies the public that you claim branding rights and it will make a lot of people decide that it is not worth copying your Trademark. It is an unregistered trademark. You must never use the ® symbol unless you have registered the trademark.

Please note that I am not offering any legal advice.

Walter

Lucky Lu

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Nov 2, 2019
Newport Beach, California
May someone help me :

Sell something made in other countries via Amazon in that country : How Is that doable without a manager in there?

A trademark: how can that be registered from Germany ? And is the trademark protection otherwhere corresponding to EU? Or US?
tm in Germany needs a lot of time. Is it faster to register in USA , expand to other worldwide countries?

Thanks

Hi and congrats on your venture. You can register a trademark in the US from Germany, but since a couple of years ago, if your address or your company is from outside USA, you will need a lawyer licensed in the US to file it for you or with his/her representation.

Hit me up if you need to do register and want some help. I can give you some pointers or do it for you eventually if you need it.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
@Ing, Selling on Amazon when you are not a resident of the country where the Amazon store is online is being done by large numbers of people. They use FBA.

Their biggest difficulty is that they need to have a bank account in the country where they are selling.

I advise against shipping direct from your supplier to Amazon. I think it is better to avoid making it too easy for Amazon to find out who your suppliers are.

TRADEMARKS: Many people sell without registering a trademark. You can use the TM symbol This notifies the public that you claim branding rights and it will make a lot of people decide that it is not worth copying your Trademark. It is an unregistered trademark. You must never use the ® symbol unless you have registered the trademark.

Please note that I am not offering any legal advice.

Walter
Thank you.
Amazon FBI: where can I learn, how it works?
How can I bring the goods from the supplier to FBA Amazon without being there?

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Thank you.
Amazon FBI: where can I learn, how it works?
How can I bring the goods from the supplier to FBA Amazon without being there?
I am sending you a PM. You won't find enough information on the internet to succeed in operating on Amazon, and I would not want to see you pay thousands for a course when you can get a far better one for about 10% of the prices charged by "gurus."

Walter

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.