The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Amazon KDP | I'm writing a non-fiction book in less than a month

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

wejdene

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jun 27, 2022
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum, first, where is the post "present yourself" ?

Okay so... I'm 17 now. I’m French so excuse me If I make some mistakes... I learn about investing since about 3 years. This year I decided to change much of my life : physical health (I started to workout SERIOUSLY, I'm doing calisthenics, also nammed "street workout"), mental health with self developpement and no more stupid things doing like watching tiktoks for 2 hours straight, and businesses since money is important in our world ! (and it always was) (and so much other little things which are not really important)

So I watched and realised (all tests) some course about E-commerce, then about digital arts (Blender) and videos making (Premiere Pro), photos retouching (Photoshop)… And now I’m following a course about publishing non-fictionnal books on Amazon KDP. I must mention I make no money with all the things I made, but I spend none too. All what I do are « try » things, I don’t publish them.

And so I decided to take a month to write myself a non-fictionnal book. Actually I have the title of it : « Manage your finances in 28 days » and the under title : « Learn how to earn more, manage your budget and invest your money in less than a month. ».

So my agenda for July is :
  1. 1st of July = table of contents
  2. 2nd to 12th = writing (about 2000 words a day, the idea is to have a 20k words, and about 110 pages, I learned these are the ideal caracteristics to publish a book on amazon KDP)
  3. 13th and 14th = proofreading (nonsense and spelling)
  4. 15th = page layout
  5. 16th and 17th = cover, spine and back cover design
  6. 18th to 19th = finish little details
So I made the table of contents today. Can I have your review and advices ?
Here the link of the document translated in English (I’m writing my book in French) : link google docs

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

c4n

Full throttle
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
May 30, 2017
You make no money but you're writing a book teaching others how to make money?

Have you actually read any of the MJ's books?

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

Welcome to the glorious world of self-publishing. The funny thing is that this guy has higher chances of success than a guy who knows his shit.

Mikey63

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Apr 7, 2021
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum, first, where is the post "present yourself" ?

Okay so... I'm 17 now. I’m French so excuse me If I make some mistakes... I learn about investing since about 3 years. This year I decided to change much of my life : physical health (I started to workout SERIOUSLY, I'm doing calisthenics, also nammed "street workout"), mental health with self developpement and no more stupid things doing like watching tiktoks for 2 hours straight, and businesses since money is important in our world ! (and it always was) (and so much other little things which are not really important)

So I watched and realised (all tests) some course about E-commerce, then about digital arts (Blender) and videos making (Premiere Pro), photos retouching (Photoshop)… And now I’m following a course about publishing non-fictionnal books on Amazon KDP. I must mention I make no money with all the things I made, but I spend none too. All what I do are « try » things, I don’t publish them.

And so I decided to take a month to write myself a non-fictionnal book. Actually I have the title of it : « Manage your finances in 28 days » and the under title : « Learn how to earn more, manage your budget and invest your money in less than a month. ».

So my agenda for July is :
  1. 1st of July = table of contents
  2. 2nd to 12th = writing (about 2000 words a day, the idea is to have a 20k words, and about 110 pages, I learned these are the ideal caracteristics to publish a book on amazon KDP)
  3. 13th and 14th = proofreading (nonsense and spelling)
  4. 15th = page layout
  5. 16th and 17th = cover, spine and back cover design
  6. 18th to 19th = finish little details
So I made the table of contents today. Can I have your review and advices ?
Here the link of the document translated in English (I’m writing my book in French) : link google docs
All the best with it. That's quite a big project to start with. Have you considered low content books? Not the silly notebooks type things but something like a 90 day journal on the same subject.

wejdene

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jun 27, 2022
Actually, this book is not meant for sell now. I'm waiting for my 18th's birthday, to potentially publish it on Amazon. I rather write it like a test, since it allows me to learn even more and go further in my life. This way I'm creating something and I'm not "chilling" on social medias for example.

Have you actually read any of the MJ's books?
No I Haven't. I think I will in the futur. (the "MJ's book" which are you talking about are the books like "The millionaire Fastlane " and "The great rat-race escape" ?) For the moment I read "Rich Dad Poor Dad" from Robert Kyosaki, and "AGIR" ("act" in english), which is a french book from Thami Kabbaj, and this book is not good (the author is just selling his courses of course but I was too young to understand it when I have bought it).

All the best with it. That's quite a big project to start with. Have you considered low content books? Not the silly notebooks type things but something like a 90 day journal on the same subject.
I think this is better to write a non-fictionnal book like this. The researchs about finances are making me learn even more things about it. Personnaly, I don't buy low-content books, so I don't believe I people will buy one of those.

Currently I'm on the 4th part of the book (4 out of 5 in total), I write about 2k words per day, if you haven't read the file already, I'm planning to write betwenn 20k and 25k words in total.

rodvaN

Coder & Marketer
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 16, 2020
Best wishes in this journey, don't forget to report back your advances :)
Someday I will write a book about something I master.

Mikey63

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Apr 7, 2021
Actually, this book is not meant for sell now. I'm waiting for my 18th's birthday, to potentially publish it on Amazon. I rather write it like a test, since it allows me to learn even more and go further in my life. This way I'm creating something and I'm not "chilling" on social medias for example.

No I Haven't. I think I will in the futur. (the "MJ's book" which are you talking about are the books like "The millionaire Fastlane " and "The great rat-race escape" ?) For the moment I read "Rich Dad Poor Dad" from Robert Kyosaki, and "AGIR" ("act" in english), which is a french book from Thami Kabbaj, and this book is not good (the author is just selling his courses of course but I was too young to understand it when I have bought it).

I think this is better to write a non-fictionnal book like this. The researchs about finances are making me learn even more things about it. Personnaly, I don't buy low-content books, so I don't believe I people will buy one of those.

Currently I'm on the 4th part of the book (4 out of 5 in total), I write about 2k words per day, if you haven't read the file already, I'm planning to write betwenn 20k and 25k words in total.
It will be interesting to follow your progress.

wejdene

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jun 27, 2022
I'm currently at around 16 k word out of 20-25k. It's around 35 pages on 11 font. I must say I'm not doing just that in the day, it takes me about 2 hours a day. I'm planning to finish the writing part on the 12th of July. Then I will proofread to get rid of mistakes. After that I will create the cover, the back and the slice (something new for me, I'm planning to use Photoshop), or I will include in my text the images, graphics and other types of illustration to enrich the book.

After all these things done, I will do the layout and some other stuff.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.