• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Trading Life for a Weekend?
    Build a Business, Build a Life.
    Unleash the Dream.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is an entrepreneurial business strategy that unleashes dreams, frees time, and explodes your incomes—but more importantly, it changes your life forever. Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.

FREE Download (Unscripted) FREE Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.

Amazon is ruthless...

Discussion in 'General Entrepreneur Discussion' started by irishmickk, Jan 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $251,998
    Admin Post
    Stop playing dumb.

It's not your question, it's your pattern and consistent tailgating as if you're trying to "ah-ha, gotcha!" me like a partisan hack you'd find on CNN.

Here for instance, I didn't have to go back but a few days to find one.

At this point, I expect anything I post to be followed up by you with some sort of passive aggressive counter point.

Do me a favor, put me on ignore.

2. Valor

Valor Silver Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,433
    I definitely agree with you.

At the same time, I believe there's a lot of ground between commodity and productocracy.

For example, my brand is starting to carry some real weight in my market, my products are completely unique from my competitors, better than most of them, and I'm adding more unique products currently. I've even had at least a half dozen people blatantly try to rip off my product, copy, and everything (with no success).

But if Amazon wanted to, they could give my product to some employee to reverse engineer, source their own version, and slap their brand on it.

This can even be done to brands or products with patents on them. Amazon has the firepower to compete with some very strong productocracies if they wanted to. I'm sure if Amazon wanted to compete with GoPro for example, they could probably make a real run at it and take a large portion of their business.

I'm not saying don't try to build a productocracy. Obviously that's what I'm working towards, and what everyone should be. I'm just saying Amazon really is ruthless, and even if you have a productocracy, you should be aware that you're still at risk of the same thing described in the OP.

Or I guess you could say you don't have a true productocracy until you own a large portion of your marketing channel as well. This sh*t just reminds me how much more work I have to do. One of the reasons I come here I guess....back to work...

Process, Andy Black and MJ DeMarco like this.
  3. KLaw

KLaw Silver Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,037
    Quite simply put, you are wrong on both of your examples. That's OK though, it's hard to detect inflection through plain texts. Do I key in on your replies more then others? Yep. You run this forum and I admire your accomplishments. Am I trying to prove you wrong? Absolutely not. You don't give a f*ck about what I think and why should you. Do I agree with everything you say? Nope. But, that's OK too. We all have our opinions. BTW, I really didn't think mr. clean could be used on dishes. ;) I wont be responding anymore on this subject on this thread. No need to muck it up. Enjoy your day.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018 at 5:04 PM
  4. irishmickk

irishmickk Bronze Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $792
    Hi,

Yes the Iron Gym is "Amazon's choice" for the words "Iron Gym". The Iron Gym is also still the first result for pullup bar as a search term. What's caught my eye is that the Iron Gym has been in the No.1 spot for best selling pullup bars in the pullup bar category. Of course I don't know what goes on behind the scenes, maybe there are ranking/seo or other benefits for not being listed in a category and the Iron Gym has decided to delist itself from the pullup bar category? What I do know is this, it was listed in the category for the last 3-4 years and was usually no.1 for that time. A few weeks ago it was delisted from that category (it's currently in no categories) and Amazon's own brand pullup bar was released and has been in the no.1 or no.2 spot since.

5. 404profound

404profound Silver Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,780
    I can understand why you'd think that, but there are many protections against that (mainly. antitrust laws).

That is, until the antitrust laws get dismantled, which is entirely feasible under the current administration. If that happens, well, Amazon will be a bull in a china shop and either buy out or simply eviscerate all retail competition. Walmart is currently waging a good fight, but little by little Amazon is engulfing their market share. That's why there are Sam's Club stores closing now. In this grim vision, Amazon would then have complete pricing power, and all but the essentials would become luxury items. They would actively choke off sales channels from small players as they emerged, most likely due to pacts with Comcast and Verizon which will choke off the small guy's e-commerce bandwidth. In the case of Google, they are even closer than Amazon to being a monopoly. Internet Explorer and Firefox are the butt of countless jokes when compared to chrome, and the internet browser is the infrastructure of the net. So once older generations that are wedded to outdated browsers are gone, that's pretty much it IE / FF. Internet browsing is even more lopsided. I'm not even sure why Bing hasn't sold out yet, and I'll never understand why. Really, for both companies, data is their wealth. The more data the company accesses and controls, the more potential for profit they have.

Michael Cel and justonemore like this.